Waffle House Patron Shoots, Kills Armed Robber

grantlank

If you're not in the Upstate chances are you haven't heard of this story. A CWP holder in Spartanburg county stopped an armed robbery at a Waffle House Killing one suspect. It's good to see the growing support of concealed carry, especially in the Upstate, after the Spartanburg Country Sheriff publicly encouraged citizens to arm themselves.

In an interview the Sheriff said the CWP holder drew his gun and ordered the two robbers to drop their weapons and put their hands up. He only fired after one of the suspects pointed their gun at him. What would you have done in this situation? I can't say with total certainty that I would have given the suspects an opportunity to surrender. Ideally you would want to be able to do anything you can before being forced to pull the trigger. While offering to let the robber surrender you are also putting yourself more in jeopardy. I guess it just depends on the situation and if you feel like you are on target and ready to fire if any further threats or advancements are made.

It, without a doubt, was a tough call to make, but when it comes down to it it's either them or me. He really showed restraint considering how tight of a space they were in and how limited cover there was. Just curious to your thoughts on the situation and how you might have reacted. Thanks for the input. You can read the article Link Removed.

Question for you RailRoad Man.
Does this Waffle House have a no weapons sign?
I have seen non-conforming signs on Waffle Houses.
Nice to know if Sheriff Wright ignored a sign.

Blueridge:263578 said:

That I'm not sure of.

rrman12280:263585 said:
Blueridge:263578 said:

That I'm not sure of.

Also, legit sign or not, obviously the armed robber didn't give it any attention. The usual saying still applies, "criminals are not going to follow the law anyway regardless of signs".

That's a good question on the sign... Would be nice to know if SCSO is disregarding improper signs. The last time I was in one they didn't have any signage posted legal or otherwise. From what I can tell it's fair game to carry at WH.

I like him too. We got coverage of him down here in Charleston. Isn't he the same Sheriff that advised ALL women to get a concealed permit and a gun? If so, he basically said ( implied through the video ) that it would be OK for a woman being attacked, or if the attacker even came close enough to threaten the attack, for the woman to shot him deader than a doornail. I thought it was really funny. In other words, will you women just shot this scum and rid the area of vermin like this. Don't call me..just kill 'em! ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Brown opposes Chuck Wright's gun comments | GoUpstate.com click and paste This racist black guy thinks sheriff is targeting his black youth by advising everyone to get ccw. I think we need to rid county council of its only democrate asap.

Here is an idiot. He will not blame the issue on the thugs that commit the crime, he wants to blame the sheriff.
Typical political maggot!

Thank goodness for this sheriff. It is about time we saw someone tell it like it is!

Here is an idiot. He will not blame the issue on the thugs that commit the crime, he wants to blame the sheriff.
Typical political maggot!

Thank goodness for this sheriff. It is about time we saw someone tell it like it is!

I hope all Sheriffs would learn from Sheriff Wright. And I think Councilman Brown just sealed his fate in the next election by being a complete moron.

On another note, has anyone thought to contact the Sheriff by phone, mail, etc to show our appreciation and support?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back