Verizon Wireless

Jes

I noticed a "no concealed weapons" sign on the doors of our local Verizon Wireless (Union Co, NC). After a quick search online this appears to be a company wide policy. My search also easily turned up a few armed robberies of Verizon stores although I did not see any homicides. Surely the thieves would have stopped and turned around on the spot if they had noticed the signs. :angry::angry::angry:

It also appears that most other wireless carriers are equally as asinine. How does one own a cell phone without supporting these idiots???

Guess it's time to get rid of those cell phones now, huh?

Seriously though, as I've said many times before, I ignore gun buster signs. If I keep my weapon concealed, there's no way they'll possibly know. And yes, I'm a Verizon customer and proud gun owner. As a matter of fact, I'm posting this from my Droid 2 smartphone.

Uscc

I OC at our local US Cellular store in Onalaska WI regularly and have never been questioned other than one associate that asked about the statutes because he wanted to OC as well and didn't realize he could. He did acknowledge that he was prohibited to do so at work. No signs but I have no idea if they have a corporate policy.

Local store in Texas has no notice on door, if they do, I will switch service.

Seriously? You'll actually switch your service over a sign that advertises a policy that is not enforced? Sure, I would be upset, but a sign advertising a policy that is NOT enforced is not enough to make me switch carriers.

I would switch carriers over an unenforced policy, yes.
If they have the sign up, at least where I'm from, you can be arrested for carrying there. Anyone who wants to restrict my rights like that doesn't deserve my business.

OK, yes I understand if you live in a place where a posted sign carries the weight of law. But in most places they don't and I just ignore them. And guess what? Nothing bad ever happened to me or that business as a result.

Guess it's time to get rid of those cell phones now, huh?

Seriously though, as I've said many times before, I ignore gun buster signs. If I keep my weapon concealed, there's no way they'll possibly know. And yes, I'm a Verizon customer and proud gun owner. As a matter of fact, I'm posting this from my Droid 2 smartphone.

Thats a big 10-4 on that one! I do the same thing.

..... How does one own a cell phone without supporting these idiots???

I suppose you could order an Apple iPhone from the online site and never have to enter a store. :wink:

I'll admit though, I don't go out of my way to look for signs. I'm almost always CC and with good equipment and common-sense dress, I don't print. So unless a business has a very obvious sign, I press.

I would switch carriers over an unenforced policy, yes.
If they have the sign up, at least where I'm from, you can be arrested for carrying there. Anyone who wants to restrict my rights like that doesn't deserve my business.

I agree, you need to make these companies think BEFORE stuff gets out of hand, if every business is allowed to put up gunbusters signs without consequence how long before every business has them, then how long before they DO start carrying some legal weight? It will be to late at that point. The damage will NEVER get fixed.

Seriously? You'll actually switch your service over a sign that advertises a policy that is not enforced? Sure, I would be upset, but a sign advertising a policy that is NOT enforced is not enough to make me switch carriers.

1 Manager or employee may not enforce it, the guy working on Tuesday may call the cops on you. Is it worth giving money to a company that will throw you under the bus like that? Sure (depending on what state you live in) ask you to leave or the ol' GUY WITH A GUN!!!! call. If a business doesn't support you, why support the business?

In Texas if they have the proper sign posted, or if the owner wants no guns on his property and you are seen carrying and ask to leave, your failing to do so will cost you your license at a minimum.

Verizon Stores

There are many Verizon Stores. Not all of them are corporate stores. Some of them are just someone who bought a Verizon Francaise. You might want to check on line to see which ones are corporate stores. They have a list on their web site.

The corporate store in Ann Arbor Michigan was not posted the last time I was in there.

Verizon Wireless reserves the right to refuse access to customers if they bear arms

After I & another OCDO member had issues with security at 2 different Verizon locations in Washington State, I wrote an email to corporate to get the official Corporate Policy. Here is the email I received today after a lengthy phone call with "Marsha" from Verizon.
-Funny thing from the phone conversation, I was told if I didn't want to give up my firearm, I could visit BestBuy or Walmart to be able to put "hands on" a device to which I informed her both of those corporate entities allow lawful carry in their stores.......

from [email protected]
to [email protected]
date Mon, May 2, 2011 at 4:07 PM
subject RE: Other (WFM75427955)
mailed-by hq.verizonwireless.com

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless regarding our firearm policy. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. My name is Marsha, and I am happy to recap our conversation regarding Verizon Wireless corporate policy. It is our policy to not allow firearms in any of our Retail outlets. Verizon Wireless reserves the right to refuse access to customers if they bear arms in the store.

Please note, that this not intended on an infringement of personal rights, we want to protect our property and employees from any and all threats. Should you need anything further, please feel free to contact us. Thanks again for choosing Verizon Wireless and being the BEST part of the network.

Thank you,

Marsha Vigil
Verizon Wireless- Customer Service
Internet Response Team

Nightmare45:194615 said:
In Texas if they have the proper sign posted, or if the owner wants no guns on his property and you are seen carrying and ask to leave, your failing to do so will cost you your license at a minimum.

True. But they word there is "proper". Many times Ive seen these signs that are official looking but are not legally binding. Texas requires the 30.06 sign in specific block lettering and it even has to meet specific demensions. And of course the "51%" sign is a prohibitor also. Thankfuly posting just any "no guns" sign won't cut it. Your only issue then would come from a representative of the business asking you to leave. But if your weapon is properly concealed, they won't see anything to object to.

CC'd at Verizon Wireless today. No sign, No problem. This store is not a corporate owned store so the manager has some discretion.

Curious as to what threats they are protecting themselves from. The threats that have already broken laws, who will completely ignore their sign? Maybe it's the those law abiding citizen threats that legally own and have proven themselves to not be a threat to society...threats...

Maybe it's the evil tiered data threats...

Or the evil apple robot threats...

Droid take over zombie threats....

Umbrella corporation.....

Duh duh duh......

I am not a Verizon customer, sonny boy is...but I carry, never tell...No one can call the police on me if they do not know I carry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back