Vehicle carry

Raider-3

I've been looking for a way to carry a hand gun in a vehicle holster. I've found some crazy ideas that people have come up with. I've heard nothing but problems out there with the ones that mount under the steering column, because its not a clean draw. You are always hitting you had on something getting it out. The ones that bolt to your dash don't look like there is enough clearance between the postol grip and the dash to get a clean grip on the hand gun. I have seen ones that sit at the front of the seat and hang there. The problem is I don't want to sit on the strap and clip that wraps around the seat to hold up the firearm. What else is out there? Any ideas or does anyone know of anyone that makes good vehicle holsters

Take the Gum Creek under-the-dash holster and mount it to your center console by your right knee. You get a clean draw and it's out of the way. Plus, it sits low enough to be mostly hidden from most angles. I've been pulled over by Troopers and had them looking in the passenger side window and never saw it.

Link Removed

I use my IWB holster and just clip it to the seat belt after I have secured the belt. It sits in almost perfect position for a right hand draw, doesn't bounce nor unstable, has the same clearance, if not better, than if you were still wearing it.

If my holstered gun will make for an uncomfortable drive, I just lay it on the passenger seat where it is readily accessible.

i bought a $5 air pistol holster from WallyWorld and attached it to the center console .. i slip in there when i am going for long rides .. holds just about any gun ..

SB

Somewhere on your person where you can easily access it. I wear mine in my normal carry position with a slight adjustment due to the sitting position. Its also where you are best trained to reach. I'm a lefty so the console does not get in the way.

For long trips I use a Galco Ankle Glove for my Kahr CW(, so comfortable you will not even know you are wearing it, and as you are seat it is a perfect location to get at easily

I've seen this advertised at a gun show and it looked like it would work. But the best placement while on the road is on you lap or tucked between your thighs.

Seems like similar threads have been written and answered. Be sure that your state law will allow discretion on your part about where you place or keep your loaded firearm in your car. In SC, unless it is in your glove compartment or the middle console or on your person as a CC, it is illegal anywhere else in the car. That includes on the seat next to you and the various comments relating to laps, under your leg etal. I either carry in my pocket for the little firearm or in a Remora holster (easily adjustable to comfort position in car) for big firearm--all consistent with my CCWP and the regs in SC.

I have wondered about that. I'm a Michigan cpl holder and when in bad areas I have placed the gun under my right thigh. Wasn't sure if we're legal to do so or not. I'm guessing it would b legal but wondered if someone seen it would it b a brandishing issue seens how we are a open carry state. Although in ur vehicle it's considered concealed. But is it legal to have it concealed out of holster and not on person?

I just make sure my carry rig is just as accessible sitting in the car as it is walking around that way I don't have to worry about transfering the gun to a different holster and risk someone seeing the gun. I carry my Glock 27 at about 4 o clock in an IWB holster and have no problem retrieveing the weapon from a seated position if needed. Just my .02, but you have to use what works for you.

traveling holster

I really like my cross draw holster. It's in the same place all the time and no worries about the wheel being in the way.

Ophawk Ireally like the Bond arms, thinking about getting one for the truck. And let it stay there.

And would make a good back up gun in a 45/410 caliber.

I've been looking for a way to carry a hand gun in a vehicle holster. I've found some crazy ideas that people have come up with. I've heard nothing but problems out there with the ones that mount under the steering column, because its not a clean draw. You are always hitting you had on something getting it out. The ones that bolt to your dash don't look like there is enough clearance between the postol grip and the dash to get a clean grip on the hand gun. I have seen ones that sit at the front of the seat and hang there. The problem is I don't want to sit on the strap and clip that wraps around the seat to hold up the firearm. What else is out there? Any ideas or does anyone know of anyone that makes good vehicle holsters

This is the set up I made out of leather and kydex.

I drive a F-350 and it sits by the front seat beside the center console.

Link RemovedLink Removed

I carry my Glock 26 in a Galco Ankle Glove. As the previous poster says it is in perfect position to get to easily and is very comfortable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back