US averaging one mass shooting per day?

Tomhusker

Got some Anti 2A folks talking about this on the faceplace. I see plenty of headlines from liberal media outlets spouting this same stat using the same numbers.
Where is this coming from? How are they manipulating the data to help their agenda?

How do I tell them that they are full of it and back up my theory.

You can show the anti-gunners facts furnished by the Federal government that contradict their claims but they will not believe them. Their lunacy is so ingrained in them that even solid, numerical proof and statistics will not sway their opinions. They believe that their opinions far outweigh ours and, since we are all so ignorant, their thoughts should reign supreme. By the way, they are only ""mass shootings" when the event, regardless of numbers of victims, can be used by the liberal media to fight for more gun control. The everyday shootings in large cities like Chicago, New York, Los Angeles get very little press and, regardless of victim numbers, you will not hear the black "leadership" say anything. Now, if a white cop or civilian is involved in any manner, that makes it a different story to be championed by the rabble rousers.

Those numbers are hard to find. I must not be looking in the right places. I also wonder if they are combining numbers, like from Chicago gang shootings, into one incident to padd their stats.

I haven't seen that many mass shootings (one a day) but I mentioned a year or so ago that in Indianapolis -the city where i live- there seems to be a shooting just about every day in which someone usually gets killed. Indianapolis is by no means the largest city in the US and it's sad that this is happening in so many of our cities. The mass shootings and ones where police are involved or especially gruesome ones get the national spotlight. Sad to say that in the past year the killings here have intensified rather than dwindled. We live in difficult times and it's one of the reasons so many responsible citizens are buying guns. Of course, the vast majority of the killings are gang or drug related.

The local news reported last week that we are leading the nation in drug store robberies this year - something like 150 drug stores robbed in the city already this year - more than all of last year in the whole state of California. They're stealing prescription drugs and dealing them I guess. I'm starting to think the more they show this stuff on the news the more we'll have because it gives young kids ideas. And adults as well.

As many in the forum will point out, gun control is not the answer because it takes guns away from law abiding citizens who want to be able to defend themselves should the need arise and puts them in the hands of criminals, police, and military.

Words hold no meaning...mass shootings, rampages, extremists...all just buzz words to fan the flames...

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

With all facts and studies it depends on who is gathering the info, how and why. As to the matter of "Children" for example is a child 16, 18, 21 or 26. Data and facts do change.
These are just a few examples. The first one has great info.

Think of the person that only has time for a few quick news shows after work. The news caster will say 'Mass Shooting" today, "Children Killed". A person hears this over and over and if a poll is taken the poll would be affected. Fear.

WORLD HEALTH RANKINGS

Link Removed

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsAreCool/wiki/2015massshootings

Many many times guns save lives, and it is never documented, even though the event is reported to the police. I was talking to our Sheriff last week, and he mentioned two such cases that week in the county, but it was never in the media. Both were home invasion robberies. One the woman, who had been in the shower, shot at but missed two guys breaking in, and another the person exited quickly as soon as the homeowner produced a gun. Never covered in any news outlet.... as I searched after talking to the Sheriff.

In the first one, they were caught a couple of streets over, and they have leads on the other guy.

But I'm sure the liberals would re-tell the first one as a mass shooting, even though it was a woman home alone shooting at two men breaking in.

This lie comes from ShootingTracker.com and is based on their own definition of what a mass shooting is (which is also confused with the FBI's definition for a serial murder):

Old Definition:

"Generally, mass murder was described as a number of murders (four or more) occurring during the same incident, with no distinctive time period between the murders."

New Generally Accepted Definition:

"The general definition of spree murder is two or more murders committed by an offender or offenders, without a cooling-off period."
http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder/serial-murder-1#two

Let's summarize and keep it simple by giving an accurate and precise definition of a mass shooting:

A mass shooting is when four or more people are shot in an event, or related series of events, likely without a cooling off period.

If you actually look at the collected data at Link Removed, you quickly realize that it includes shootings where no-one was killed. The number of people with gunshot wounds is used, instead of the number of murders. This also means that if a shooter is hit, he/she is included. If you look at the cited sources, you realize that these are mostly gang-, drug- or "party"-related shootings.

Link Removed

Stupid assumption, this atheist shoots, in fact I know several others that do also.

Why does the christian have a gun for defense? After all you are in your gods hands.... But talk is cheap, and even the most vocal believer knows that there is no god to look over them! A wee bit of hypocrisy don't ya think?

Stupid assumption, this atheist shoots, in fact I know several others that do also.

Why does the christian have a gun for defense? After all you are in your gods hands.... But talk is cheap, and even the most vocal believer knows that there is no god to look over them! A wee bit of hypocrisy don't ya think?
:wacko:=:drag:

Using pages from your buy bull for rolling papers again I see..... That's some pretty wacky weed you're on.....

Also noticed you didn't answer the question, as you never do.... why is that? Did I hit a nerve and you lack the courage, character or intelligence to tell me why you carry, but also say god is in total control.. you don't trust him, or deep down you know the truth.... imaginary friends never show up...

Using pages from your buy bull for rolling papers again I see..... That's some pretty wacky weed you're on.....

Also noticed you didn't answer the question, as you never do.... why is that? Did I hit a nerve and you lack the courage, character or intelligence to tell me why you carry, but also say god is in total control.. you don't trust him, or deep down you know the truth.... imaginary friends never show up...

XD: You are using the questioning techniques of no gods now. I like your responses better when they are your own, not being a copycat.

Link Removed

XD: You are using the questioning techniques of no gods now. I like your responses better when they are your own, not being a copycat.

Link Removed
I'm going to ask you to back your accusation up there buddy, that flowed from my finger tips....

and while you are at it, how about answering the damn question instead of accusing me of plagiarism?

I'm going to ask you to back your accusation up there buddy, that flowed from my finger tips....

and while you are at it, how about answering the damn question instead of accusing me of plagiarism?

XD: The comments you made were very much like the same comments from no gods in the Letters to the Editor forum. Several threads mentioned were 121, 137 and 174.

Now in answer to the question, here is the answer I gave him at the time, "Your inane arguments of why people carry firearms is a very juvenile attempt at belittling people of faith. We carry weapons for the same reasons as you, personal protection. God knows when we are to die and how. Nothing says that we are to act stupid and let someone kill us. If we are able to deter someone from killing us, then according to your reasoning, we weren't meant to die at that time. So, for the bad guy, better luck next time, huh? " Rather simplistic answer but it does get the point across.

XD: The comments you made were very much like the same comments from no gods in the Letters to the Editor forum. Several threads mentioned were 121, 137 and 174.

Now in answer to the question, here is the answer I gave him at the time, "Your inane arguments of why people carry firearms is a very juvenile attempt at belittling people of faith. We carry weapons for the same reasons as you, personal protection. God knows when we are to die and how. Nothing says that we are to act stupid and let someone kill us. If we are able to deter someone from killing us, then according to your reasoning, we weren't meant to die at that time. So, for the bad guy, better luck next time, huh? " Rather simplistic answer but it does get the point across.

Yes

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

So if I say the sun will come up tomorrow, and someone else also said that, I am guilty of plagiarism? Go **** your goat nimrod.

And remember if you say Jesus is cuming, and so did someone else, so are you, goat fucker.

Y'all keep saying god is in charge of everything and everything is predetermined, yet you carry a gun for protection.... Which is it, god means for you to die at the hands of some thug, or you won't die at the hands of some thug, the gun is immaterial. Make up your ******* mind, which is it, hypocrite? You ******* christians really want to have it both ways, well this ain't Burger King, this is the real world.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back