Tuckable Holster? (PICS??)

Romans5.8

Let's see your tuckable holster.

I'm shopping. I'm tucked in, in professional clothes basically whenever I'm out of the house. I've seen tuckable holsters out there but I have two issues. 1) A huge bulge that makes the gun obvious. Or 2) In pics/videos they are dressed like total slobs with a wrinkly shirt that is barely tucked in and is flopping around. Which doesn't let me see how concealable it really is when you wear a tucked in shirt CORRECTLY (you know.. tucked in).

Am I asking too much or does such an animal exist? Anyone wanna share pics of their tuckable setup?

I'm thinking about a Crossbreed with the J-Clips. I also saw the Remora 'clipless' one, which seems like a bad idea? Thoughts?

I've tucked my Alien Gear IWB. My shirts tend to become a little ballooned at the sides and back as I move anyway, and this tends to obscure the outline well. The big black clips are kind of a dead giveaway. J clips would be a good addition for any IWB setup. Good luck!

I can't speak on the tuckable ones. I have one, but never used it because, well, I don't wear a shirt tucked in. Ever. I got it for my husband who has just plain never used it.

I do have a Sticky Holster which is pretty much identical to the Remora. Same cost, same reviews. I don't use it a lot, but I've never had a problem with it. It will depend a lot on your waistband though. If it's loose-fitting, it might not be a good idea. I don't have that problem.

I've tucked my Alien Gear IWB. My shirts tend to become a little ballooned at the sides and back as I move anyway, and this tends to obscure the outline well. The big black clips are kind of a dead giveaway. J clips would be a good addition for any IWB setup. Good luck!

Looks like I can buy Crossbreed J Cips, or even V-Clips (velcro to the inside of the belt) and slap them right on an Alien Gear. Might be a solution.

I am looking at these Remora holsters. A holster that doesn't clip at all seems 'wrong' but darn if it doesn't have a ton of great reviews including folks really thinking they work fantastic...

I can't speak on the tuckable ones. I have one, but never used it because, well, I don't wear a shirt tucked in. Ever. I got it for my husband who has just plain never used it.

I do have a Sticky Holster which is pretty much identical to the Remora. Same cost, same reviews. I don't use it a lot, but I've never had a problem with it. It will depend a lot on your waistband though. If it's loose-fitting, it might not be a good idea. I don't have that problem.

I've been thinking about the Remora for the wife, too actually. She also dresses professionally at least 5 days a week, and that thing would work in skirts, slacks, whatever (looks like anyway).

As far as the loose fitting waist, well that's an issue I'm going to have to deal with anyway. I've lost 100 pounds so far and am planning on losing 50 more. My clothes fit me differently every day! LOL. I just recently (a month ago) bought new bluejeans and new slacks. Bought them circulation-cuttingly-tight. Right now they fit great. In another month they'll be a little loose. In a couple months they'll be REALLY loose. Rinse and repeat. (I've gone from a 48 to a 36 waist so far, so my old clothes DEFINITELY don't fit! ha!)

I don't carry tuck able but the Romerea has served me well and bet tuck able wouldn't be a problem

Check out nate tactical ^2 or
N8^2. They make nice iwb and have a tuck able model

Thanks!

And yeah, Remora actually has a specifically tuckable model.

Another thing, that I basically haven't found, is a tuckable holster with a mag pouch. That may just be wishful thinking. The closest though probably would be a Remora.

How comfortable is your Remora? I like the idea of the hybrid holsters for the weight distribution...

Thanks!

And yeah, Remora actually has a specifically tuckable model.

Another thing, that I basically haven't found, is a tuckable holster with a mag pouch. That may just be wishful thinking. The closest though probably would be a Remora.

How comfortable is your Remora? I like the idea of the hybrid holsters for the weight distribution...

I would never want my mag pouch in my holster. I carry my mags on my WEAK side, not my STRONG Side. If I had to reload, I'd have to release, shift gun to weak hand, pull mag from holster mag pouch, pull mag reload, etc...

I think I'd much prefer the Link Removed for my weak side and am planning on getting one to use instead of my $9.99 'Walmart Special' nylon owb mag holder.

I'll take a couple of pictures of me with my Galco KingTuk with my Glock 30 and my Alien Gear with my Beretta Nano all tucked in for you later.

Crossbreed Supertuck carrying a XD40 service size. Even with CB's clips with the logo on them, nobody has ever noticed, that I can tell. Trick is to blouse out the shirt just a bit to keep the printing minimized and to give you a better grip on the shirt if you must draw. If you're wearing a jacket, it's all but invisible.

99.9% of the populace aren't looking for a gun on you, won't notice the clips or slight bulge.

I would never want my mag pouch in my holster. I carry my mags on my WEAK side, not my STRONG Side. If I had to reload, I'd have to release, shift gun to weak hand, pull mag from holster mag pouch, pull mag reload, etc...

I think the Remora has the mag pouch for people who use it as a thigh holster or similar. Obviously not applicable here... :wink: Depends on the person, but when using my 3Speed (at 4-5 ish), I've found I can reach my strong side with my weak hand... while not ideal, better than switching the gun to the weak hand!

I'd also recommend the Alien Gear, but like Peggy, I don't tuck shirts in. So I have absolutely no idea how that will work.

Crossbreed Supertuck carrying a XD40 service size. Even with CB's clips with the logo on them, nobody has ever noticed, that I can tell. Trick is to blouse out the shirt just a bit to keep the printing minimized and to give you a better grip on the shirt if you must draw. If you're wearing a jacket, it's all but invisible.

99.9% of the populace aren't looking for a gun on you, won't notice the clips or slight bulge.

Problem I'm having is 'blousing out the shirt'. I know the general consensus is to make changes to wardrobe to fit carry. But I keep my shirt well tucked in and they fit me right, so they don't 'untuck' when moving. But I've finally found a few pics where the shirt isn't horrifically sloppy and still looks concealed so I think I'm more confident in that solution.

I use an Alien Gear, not tucked with my Springfield 9 MM and a Blackhawk soft holster with a Ruger LCR tucked in the t-shirt weather. I'd show a picture of the Ruger, but you can't see it.

You did not say what size gun you are planning on carrying.

For my money I have gone with the KHolster (website - Link Removed) out of St. Louis. Similar to the Crossbreed but less costly.

Normally don't tuck, but Sunday I did due to the dress shirt I was wearing. No problems even with slight blousing.

Good luck.

You did not say what size gun you are planning on carrying.

For my money I have gone with the KHolster (website - Link Removed) out of St. Louis. Similar to the Crossbreed but less costly.

Normally don't tuck, but Sunday I did due to the dress shirt I was wearing. No problems even with slight blousing.

Good luck.

Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro. Glock 19 sized compact. But, even though the name is "ultra compact", I think 'medium framed carry gun' is a more apt description. It's nowhere near as small as, say, an LC9 (that I'd consider ultra compact).

My different KHolsters carry mouse guns (Ruger LCP) up to my Kimber Ultra Carry II and including a M&P 40c and Glock 19.

Alien gear, good price, great quality and fast shipping...

I think I'd much prefer the Link Removed for my weak side and am planning on getting one to use instead of my $9.99 'Walmart Special' nylon owb mag holder.

I'll take a couple of pictures of me with my Galco KingTuk with my Glock 30 and my Alien Gear with my Beretta Nano all tucked in for you later.

Why do you have to switch hands?

I carry with a mag right in front of my firearm on my weapon side. I can grab and reload my firearm with my reaction hand, no switching needed. It's faster for me to get to my 2nd mag, straight down and up from my workspace, than for the mag to have to come from across the body.

I don't have a WEAK side.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

I have been carrying for about two months now and have not compiled a pile of holsters that I do not like or that are uncomfortable. I saw the alien gear review on this site and ordered one. I absolutely love it. I carry on my strong side above my back pocket and while driving on vacation often wondered if the gun was in the holster. The holster was about half the price of the crossbreed holster and appears to be very similar. The only draw back was that I had to wait about five weeks after ordering to receive my order, but this was stated on the order confirmation email. I did order a holster (IWB) that a coworker uses and I used it until I received my AG holster. I actually use it in the car as a OWB holster and to store my weapon when I can't carry.

As for the spare mag, I guess it depends where you plan on carrying. I prefer weak side instead of in or on the holster.

Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC, Minotaur Concealment Pouch. Both tuckable, both with C-clips (use a good, stiff-to-the-edge belt). XDm 3.8 9mm/Kahr CW 45. Tried V-clips, had to pry them off the belt with a screwdriver! Think I've read somewhere since then that they've made them a bit less "agressive". I seldom have a need to tuck, but can and have, with excellent concealment results. Tuck, stretch arms overhead, touch fingertips to floor in front, stand up and everything's bloused about right. YMMV. One thing I do notice is that I have to get a FIRM grip on a tucked shirt and pull long and hard to get the pistol grip clear enough to draw. It's almost easier for me to "rip" the shirt out of tuck with my firing hand and then access the pistol with the same hand. Appendix carry would make that whole access issue easier, but I'm not built for that. "Tuckable" means that your shirt tucks in normally, EXCEPT that right where the clip(s) attach to the holster/mag pouch the shirt tail will only go down however far that measurement from the top of your belt to the screw/pin is. It may take a bit of "fussing" to get it to look right, but quickly learned.

I have to dress professionally and work with the public. I am sometimes with a client for 2-3 hours. It is imperative that I carry with total concealment with no suspicion of possible carry. Absolutely no clip(s) or anything that might indicate so. That left me with the Remora option. I couldn't be more pleased. I wear it about 14 hours each day. It doesn't move! My EDC's are a Ruger LC9 w/CT and a S&W M&P Shield 9m w/CT. I read a tip and it works.... Place your EDC in the Remora holster, position the Remora between your skin and the waistband of your underwear (3:00 for me). Now just put on your shirt, your trousers, cinch your belt and your good for the day. For the guys, the holster stays in place while visiting the urinal. No adjusting at all during the day. No weighing on your dress trousers. No one can tell I carry. I'm around a couple of stout anti-gun liberals everyday and they have no clue I'm carrying. So give Remora a try. Besides they're only $25-30.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back