Truck safe VS Glove box

jfjfxray

Just wondering how many people have truck/car safes installed? Should you have one to put gun in when you go somewhere you cant carry? Or is the glove box (locked, of course) good enough? :help:

I have a one gun safe bolted to the floor and attached to the drivers seat with a cable for the times I can not bring my CCW someplace. I would not recommend the glove compartment, they are way too easy to get into even without a key.

The safes are inexpensive at $20. While they will not keep out a determined thief, they will be stalled for some time.

Truck safe is my option you can pick up one with a 1,500lb wire attached cheap, mine is bolted into truck as is shotgun safe.

Although I don't have one I would go with the safe as a glove box is easy to get into. I live in AZ so I don't have to worry about going into some place that doesn't allow guns and I don't go into bars any more. Plus I carry concealed 99% of the time.

I have a gun safe in my truck and my car. The only time I use them is when I go to a government building, which is not often.

Get a safe with a cable. I use mine for those dreaded govt buildings. I get in the truck and the gun comes out of the safe and in my holster. Also, on vacation, I kept 1/2 our cash in it. Worked out really well.

Glove Boxes

Glove Boxes are a JOKE, May as well leave it on the dash. They all can be popped in under 2 seconds with a screw driver. Get a Floor or Console mounted safe you won't be sorry.

My SUV has a built-in space at the back where we keep our guns when passing through Illinois. Otherwise my gun stays with me...at all times. I don't go to a Post Orifice. We pay bills online and send packages via Fed-Ex. I am one of the reasons why our post orifice is going bankrupt. We barely go to any government buildings anymore.

I have an Autosafe bolted inside the center console of my truck. It has already withstood a thief's attmepts to break into it. Mine is a small one that will hold a sub-compact like a G30/36 or an HK SK.

I never even gave it a thought. I carry a small American Arms and keep a 9mm Makarov in the center council.
Being in Florida, your allowed to carry one in your vehicle and I've rarely go anywhere that I can't keep my eye
on my truck.

This is the one Im looking at for my truck. I would like to find a less expensive option. The glove box dont cut it for me.

Link Removed

Tucker's Mom:227862 said:
My SUV has a built-in space at the back where we keep our guns when passing through Illinois. Otherwise my gun stays with me...at all times. I don't go to a Post Orifice. We pay bills online and send packages via Fed-Ex. I am one of the reasons why our post orifice is going bankrupt. We barely go to any government buildings anymore.

In Illinois, You can transport your firearm in a standard case with a loaded mag as long as the mag is not in the gun. That case can be any where in the vehicle. The case has to fully cover the gun.

You have experience with breaking into these?
Obviously he doesn't, because he thinks it's made of plastic.

I have two of the lock boxes attached with cable to the seat mounts. One is a key lock and the other a combination so I can get to it with my key ring still in the ignition. I use two because the wife also has a license and because on some rare occasions I take two carry guns with me.

I have a GunVault on the floor behind the passenger seat of my Nissan Frontier. It's close enough to reach without stretching. I keep my Glock in it while I'm going down the road for a couple of reasons: 1) I can get to the gun easily with finger code 2) If I ever get T-Boned at an intersection, I figure the gun in the safe is better than being ejected from the holster (IWB) and flying around the cab, and if bystanders come around, it's not there for them to just find laying around. 3) Comes in handy if I do have to go into a restricted area, which is rare.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back