Trayvon Martin died because of pot

walt629

There are already several threads going right now about the tragic shooting in Sanford Florida. As we all now know, a young black man was killed in an altercation with a non-black neighborhood watch member of the gated community in which the youth died.

What is not being widely broadcast is the reason the youth was in the neighborhood to start with. There is no dispute Trayvon Martin had the right to be there. He was temporarily staying at his fathers home. You see, normally Trayvon lives with his mother in the Miami-Dade area but Trayvon had been suspended from school for possession (trace amounts in a baggie).

Evidently, from an earlier account, Trayvon was sent to his dad's for some "straightening out" by his dad.

So if Trayvon had not gotten thrown out of school, he wouldn't have been at his dad's and the confrontation between him and George Zimmermna never would have happened in the first place.

Trayvon Martin school suspension linked to pot - US news - Life - msnbc.com

Click the pic to make it bigger.

Link Removed

This is utterly ridiculous. Trayvon would not have been killed if it were not for the overzealousness of a LEO wannabe who should never have had a weapon on him while doing his "community policing". This is like blaming a rape victim because she had a skirt on that was a bit too short.

Bigdaddy861 is right, how can you blame him just because he had gotten suspended? It doesn't make a difference as long as he wasn't doing anything illegal or suspicious he had no right to bother him!

Walt- seriously!? Was it not going bad enough on the other threads you had to start a new one!?!? I have done all kinds of stupid things in my life- a good sized chunk of those things while underage. The kid got busted with trace amounts of pot, in turn was suspended. Are you saying it was somehow his fault? I've done a lot worse than that, as I am sure you have... And I thank god for every day I walk this earth. Lay off of this topic- you are not acting constructively.

Still think GZ was in the wrong. Shouldn't have gotten out of his car after being told not to. Period. He was looking for trouble and found it. Its going to cause a lot of long lasting problems for the CC community. BUT I have lost any feeling for Martins family after this. (Notice it was last week. Didn't grieve too long did she?)
Help others? Yeah Right.

Link Removed

This is utterly ridiculous. Trayvon would not have been killed if it were not for the overzealousness of a LEO wannabe who should never have had a weapon on him while doing his "community policing". This is like blaming a rape victim because she had a skirt on that was a bit too short.

If he wasn't there, it wouldn't have happened. If the young man didn't get suspended from school, there is a very high probability he wouldn't have been there.

As far as the rest of your statement, Zimmerman had as much right to be carrying his EDC as you do carrying yours. Community Policing as you put it is the main reason one joins a neighborhood watch group. The watchers care about their neighbors and neighborhoods. They have every right to do exactly what Zimmerman was doing.

The rape comment? Now that's utterly ridiculous.

Will you guys STOP with the "He was told not to follow!" bit. He was NOT told that at all and you either know that and are persisting in your lies, or you are too lazy to listen to/understand the recording. I'm not defending anybody here 'cause it looks like there's probably enough fault to go around and we just don't know.

As far as being suspended for pot, that's a moot point.

I do find the pictures relevant however-thank you for that.

Walt- seriously!? Was it not going bad enough on the other threads you had to start a new one!?!? I have done all kinds of stupid things in my life- a good sized chunk of those things while underage. The kid got busted with trace amounts of pot, in turn was suspended. Are you saying it was somehow his fault? I've done a lot worse than that, as I am sure you have... And I thank god for every day I walk this earth. Lay off of this topic- you are not acting constructively.

Yes I am being serious. Everyone is the total accumulation of the actions they take.

Most everyone that has already convicted GZ in the court of public opinion has been saying "if he just stayed in the car", "If he didn't have the gun", "if he just minded his own business" and on and on. All of the weight of the incident is being heaped on a man that has not been proven to be at fault by the facts yet presented.

It may be an outlandish statement but if you want to be intellectually honest, the statement is correct. If the boy was in school he would have been in Miami-Dade instead of Sanford. The shooting took place on a Sunday night February 26. If he were going to school on Monday, he would have been at home, hundreds of miles away from Sanford and all of this would never have happened.

Am I saying the boy bears some responsibility for what happened? Absolutely. And anyone that thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

My heart goes out to his family. No parent should have to bury their child. But as sure as Zimmerman had influence in the actions of that night, so did Martin.

As far as being constructive, If one person reads this and comes to realize that illegal behavior, even what some consider acceptable behavior, can lead to dire consequences, then this has been a constructive thread.

THere may very well be more than one Trayvon Martin. This link says he's on line now.

To me, that is like blaming 9/11 victims for dying because they went to work in the twin towers... sure is a far stretch.

Don't get me wrong, we don't have the details and things look bad on BOTH sides of this story now that more facts/eye witness accounts are coming out -- but to me its early to squarely place the blame. At this point I lean toward a whole slew of bad things happening.

This has the makings of Tawana Brawley all over again. Now, we do not know the facts of GZ's side, even though (unpublicized) he came away injured somehow, but we do know there have been serious omissions and misrepresentations from the TM side. What do they want to make it about? Let's call it race. I'll spell it for those who can't : R A C E

The black community wants "justice". Unfortunately, most of those in the black community demanding justice wouldn't know what that is if it hit them in the face.

This is a fire being fueled by the libertard media for the benefit of rabble rouser president and his democrat party. The last election was about race and this one will be too. They just needed something to draw attention to it.

Just wait until after the election, to use Sheik Obama's own words. He'll have a lot more latitude then. Forget weighing evidence. Get GZ a good fair trial then a first class hanging. That's what the sensationalists want.

Ridiculous. Silly me. I thought we were civilized in this day and age.

Ask yourselves... why is this particular incident in the news... now... when it happened in February.
Ask yourselves... why so much activism surrounding this tragic incident?
Ask yourselves... why would the President inject himself into what really is nothing more than just another tragic shooting?

Step outside the hype and the hoopla and ask yourselves... is this about a tragic loss of life? Is this about race? Is this about guns? Is this about "stand your ground" laws?

Who has the most to gain from pushing this incident into world wide news?

Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions... or maybe there is a certain U.N. treaty involved?

To me, that is like blaming 9/11 victims for dying because they went to work in the twin towers... sure is a far stretch.

Consider that the victims of 9-11 weren't getting on the planes because they got suspended from school and were shipped off to Dad's house for a couple of days.

This was dug up by MilShooter and posted on another thread. Looks like little Mr. Innocent wasn't.

Before It's News

And it goes the the point of the OP. The media has been ripping Zimmerman apart and given little Mr. Innocent a free ride. Does anyone want to ask the real question as to why the free ride? Who stand the most if Zimmerman, "Stand your Ground" and the 2A are weakened by all of this?

IF in fact Martin did attack Zimmerman then he was justified in using deadly force to protect himself. It doesn't matter that he got out of his vehicle or if he was following Martin. None of those rise to the level of physical violence. By Zimmerman's account Martin was slamming his head on the concrete. That is a potentially life threatening act. Could the situation have been handled better, of course. But it may have been Martin who escalated it to the deadly level in which it resulted.

walt629:291038 said:
There are already several threads going right now about the tragic shooting in Sanford Florida. As we all now know, a young black man was killed in an altercation with a non-black neighborhood watch member of the gated community in which the youth died.

What is not being widely broadcast is the reason the youth was in the neighborhood to start with. There is no dispute Trayvon Martin had the right to be there. He was temporarily staying at his fathers home. You see, normally Trayvon lives with his mother in the Miami-Dade area but Trayvon had been suspended from school for possession (trace amounts in a baggie).

Evidently, from an earlier account, Trayvon was sent to his dad's for some "straightening out" by his dad.

So if Trayvon had not gotten thrown out of school, he wouldn't have been at his dad's and the confrontation between him and George Zimmermna never would have happened in the first place.

Link Removed

Just goes to show that some people will say anything...absolutely anything, rather than contemplate an idea than do not like. I am glad no one shot me during those times I was on suspension for fighting...didn't know that would have justified my homicide.

Trayvon not a lil' angel??????????????

I'm SO surprised.

So maybe Obama has seen these recent photos and that's why he thinks Trayvon may look like the thug he turned out to be.

KK

the dark:291264 said:
walt629:291038 said:

Link Removed

Just goes to show that some people will say anything...absolutely anything, rather than contemplate an idea than do not like. I am glad no one shot me during those times I was on suspension for fighting...didn't know that would have justified my homicide.

Where did he state the suspension made it justified? I'm not reading it anywhere in the post.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back