To open carry or not...

We all have the right to carry a weapon. If that person is one that is responsible and has no background of mental health problems to harm one selves or others. I feel it is safer in this country that we all carry to defend our family our fellow man & women and children. Conceal or open carry? myself conceal due to if no one knows your armed you have the choice of how to protect yourself the safest way. You have the upper hand

I open carry most of the time, on few occasions I will conceal carry. There are even rare times I don't carry at all. In any of those cases, I still have choices, and my choice doesn't change whether I'm armed or not.

Just because I open carry, and to the anti gunners carry at all, doesn't mean I have an obligation to fight bad guys.

I believe in open carry. I believe in deterrence. I believe stopping an incident before it happens is the upper hand. I believe being behind the curve is detrimental to my safety, and should be minimized.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

A little background: I've been mulling over the open carry vs. concealed carry for a long time. I've finally come to my own conclusion on the pros and cons. I must admit I'm writing this because of the outrage over the Starbucks letter.

I've always carried concealed, because I don't want to garner attention, yet I feel the need to exercise my rights and protect myself. In my opinion, open carry just doesn't have a place in this time and age. Besides all the shootings making headlines across America, some of the top negative stories regarding firearms stem from people open carrying.

So, what's the point of open carry? I've seen the responses about creating awareness, exercising our rights and changing laws. However, I've also seen how it leads to freaked out people and a lot of negative response. There are more people that are scared at the sight of a gun than there are gun owners. That's just the way it is now. People didn't freak out way back when, because it was the norm. It's not now.

I'm also a believer in "silent" wars. If they see you coming, packing heat, they'll freak out, and so will the government. If we sneak up on them silently, behind the scenes, without them knowing, that's where we'll make a difference and begin to really change the laws. I believe we can carry silently and win the war. I'm afraid that, if we don't, we're only going to keep losing ground.

Please explain, in detail, the rationale for this circular argument. if I'm hearing you right, it's not appropriate to carry because it scares people. And the reason it scares people is because it doesn't happen often enough and it never will because - yep, you guessed it - because it's innappropriate!

If not now, when?

If not you, who?

We won the war against the Fudds. We'll win the war against the OC Fudds.

Fudd: A gun owner who fully supports the 2nd amendment, only as long as you own guns that he approves of.

OC Fudd: A gun owner who fully supports the 2nd amendment, only as long as you carry your gun the way he approves of.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back