Those that gouged, we will remember. Those that remained reasonable, thank you.

I may be wrong, but I don't believe this fits the definition of gouging. Usually, gouging involves essential items such as food gas water etc.

If you havent noticed, ammo is just as essential as water and food to many gun owners these days. Go to a gun store and watch the paranoid people and the hoarders search and search for ammo, and buy up as much as they can of whatever they can.

I may be wrong, but I don't believe this fits the definition of gouging. Usually, gouging involves essential items such as food gas water etc.

If you havent noticed, ammo is just as essential as water and food to many gun owners these days. Go to a gun store and watch the paranoid people and the hoarders search and search for ammo, and buy up as much as they can of whatever they can.

or you could have been one the wise ones who heeded the warnings and stock up last summer.

There isn't a valid reason for ammo, mags and firearms to become more available in time when this run on the manufacturer's products evens out. If it doesn't it will be because some entity is causing it. The producers haven't run out of materials and other companies will step up their production to match demand. It's just a matter time. There's too much money to be made. Somebody will take advantage of the market to make big money.
I'm sure once the US congress decides what is or isn't going to be banned the manufacturers will get into the market. Nobody would put millions into equipment for products they may have to eat.
Of course, this is just my opinion.

Here in Virginia we have what is called the VAGT. One of the forums is for those selling ammunition. Of course the ammo disappeared off of the store shelves. Some would think it was hoarders but after looking online for ammo I saw numerous adds for all calibers except shotgun being put up for sale at triple the price of what it used to be in retail...I mean 70 bucks for a brick of 22LR...come on guys. 223 and 556 was more than 2.5 times the former retail price. I even heard that some of these sellers did not even own a firearm, that they were profiteering off the obama fear mongering and gun control nonsense. Well here is my prayer for anyone that was gouging on the ammo...by the way if it aint on the store shelves and someone has bought up huge quantities to resale at huge profit...that is gouging...anyway my prayer for you scum bags is this...the market is returning to pre obama hype. I sincerely pray that you spent your entire families fortunes buying up ammo to resale. I pray you get stuck with it and when you get hungry you have to eat your boxes of 556 (so your stomach feels full...hungry dogs will eat stones to make their stomachs feel full) and that instead of kidney stones you have to piss out FMJ's and HP's that prematurely mushroomed in your brasshole. Oh Yeah f-off as well.

No one has gouged anyone.

Things have changed, have you not noticed?

The days of old are OVER! now get over it.

There will be NO ammo, a trickle here and there.

Some of us saw it coming and prepared.

Whiners.

or you could have been one the wise ones who heeded the warnings and stock up last summer.

Let me be the first to say that everyone else here is just not worthy of your divine guidance... thank you... ohh thank you for just pleasureing us with your posts.

I think it's humorous that you need to follow my posts and make the most noise whining about anything I "whine" about. I found some great deals online and have the right to share them.

Pull up their profile and click add to ignore list.

If you stumble across a stripped AR lower for 110-130 let me know. I have a friend that is looking to build his first. If you are looking for something also shout out.... I just found a rifle length buffer tube to complete my 308 lower. Now i just need the funds for an upper. Which I will not buy from a price gouger :)

I am with eagle, hope they all go under. While the ammo may not be as readily available as before, it will come back. I can still get my 9m and 45 acp at Walmart, Meijers and Dunhams for the same price per box give or take one dollar from pre-scare days. Even some of my local small LGS are still able to maintain price.

Ok, so I didn't read the whole thread..... My brain is not willing to sift (what I consider) smart from stupid.

I don't know about anyone else here, but the gun shops, local or otherwise, who are good about pricing will continue to get my business. It doesn't matter to me if they decided to gouge in the past as long as they have the best price for what I'm looking for. I am unfortunate not to have the income to spend trying to drive someone out of business by spending more for an item I can get for less from those who gouged while the gouging was good. I will know that they didn't get any of my $$ while they were overpriced.

Let me be the first to say that everyone else here is just not worthy of your divine guidance... thank you... ohh thank you for just pleasureing us with your posts.

Pull up their profile and click add to ignore list.

If you stumble across a stripped AR lower for 110-130 let me know. I have a friend that is looking to build his first. If you are looking for something also shout out.... I just found a rifle length buffer tube to complete my 308 lower. Now i just need the funds for an upper. Which I will not buy from a price gouger :)

I have more divine guidance, but you won't like that either.

I have a hunch (educated hunch) that the Fed is going to give you something to really whine about, shortly.

You dont' have much time.

For aluminum 7075-T6 stripped lower $120 Link Removed
For polymer north frontier armory $80 Link Removed Happy building to you all!

For aluminum 7075-T6 stripped lower $120 Link Removed
For polymer north frontier armory $80 Link Removed Happy building to you all!

The PSA lowers are quite good. I have one of the NObama lowers from before the election. I have yet to find a polymer AR lower that I have liked.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Gouging is subjective. Just because prices are high on an item doesn't necessarily mean they are gouging.

I hate high prices just as much as the next guy. But from the perspective of a store owner, they have a tough choice to make
1) Buy high in order to have items in stock. But you have to sell high as well.
2) Limit the quantity per customer.

Both options make customers unhappy. Option 1 gets them branded as a "gouger". Option 2 (assuming still reasonable prices) and they run out of stock (nobody happy). Supply and demand is flipped upside down right now. I'm guessing most places are attempting to manage a mix of #1 and #2.

The legitimate "gougers" had stock of items that were purchased low and now selling at 2x-3x+ the price. But without looking at the stores books (or dust on the product lol), how are we to separate gougers from store owners who've opted for #1?

So let me get this straight... If the value of an item goes up after you buy it, and you sell it for what it is (now) worth, that's gouging?
Isn't that how a supply and demand is supposed to work?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

So let me get this straight... If the value of an item goes up after you buy it, and you sell it for what it is (now) worth, that's gouging?
Isn't that how a supply and demand is supposed to work?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
Now don't go throw logic into the mix! That's not fair!! :sarcastic:

I suppose I gouged today. I sold $40 worth of magnum buckshot for $110. Get this though, he made the offer! Don't take me for a gouger though, I sold another guy all my American Eagle .22lr for what I paid for it last year. Also, I'm unemployed and think Allah has rewarded me for sticking to the good ways. When you come from a place like I did, it's hard not to fall back on it when times get tough.

I do think that there is some discretion to be had though. Preppers, please save some for your fellow man. Do you really think hanging out at the Walmart sporting goods counter for 12 hours just to be the first to buy that brick of .22 will save you? You can't possibly hold out that long. An airstrike will still reach you in the basement. So will Rangers, Marines and maybe the occasional mall ninja.

Also, I have to add...I found a place with over 1200 rds of .40. And I'm not telling you where until I buy at least one box.

I suppose I gouged today. I sold $40 worth of magnum buckshot for $110. Get this though, he made the offer! Don't take me for a gouger though, I sold another guy all my American Eagle .22lr for what I paid for it last year. Also, I'm unemployed and think Allah has rewarded me for sticking to the good ways. When you come from a place like I did, it's hard not to fall back on it when times get tough.

I do think that there is some discretion to be had though. Preppers, please save some for your fellow man. Do you really think hanging out at the Walmart sporting goods counter for 12 hours just to be the first to buy that brick of .22 will save you? You can't possibly hold out that long. An airstrike will still reach you in the basement. So will Rangers, Marines and maybe the occasional mall ninja.

Also, I have to add...I found a place with over 1200 rds of .40. And I'm not telling you where until I buy at least one box.

40 cal ammo got a little hard to find for about a month ago but since then the shelves aren't full, but I can still get 100rd boxes of Win 165 gr JHP for $35 at our WalMart 2.5 miles from my house. There was 12 boxes of 9mm and 15 boxes of 45 cal there also and this was at 4:30 pm last thursday. This morning (Sat) half still there. We're a small town and off the beaten track so maybe they just don't know it's there. Or everybody has all they need.

40 cal ammo got a little hard to find for about a month ago but since then the shelves aren't full, but I can still get 100rd boxes of Win 165 gr JHP for $35 at our WalMart 2.5 miles from my house. There was 12 boxes of 9mm and 15 boxes of 45 cal there also and this was at 4:30 pm last thursday. This morning (Sat) half still there. We're a small town and off the beaten track so maybe they just don't know it's there. Or everybody has all they need.

If I can find one more willing customer like that dude, I can go back there and pick up a few boxes (of all my "hoarded" ammo, I have only 6 rounds of golden saber.) and then pick up my new gun to tomorrow. But, alas, I have to wait till Thursday. Our Walmart has had the same 6 or 7 boxes of .45 FMJ for around a month now. I have enough, or I'd buy another box and make a box of HP out of it.

For those who can't read my sarcasm, I'm not a hoarder. I'm too poor. All my carry ammo fits on the top shelf of my headboard.

Cheaper than dirt $65.00 for a box of .45 ball !!!

Not to mention $150 for a box of 500 .22LR rounds. That should be $20.

And dont look past their $400 for a box of 300 .223 rounds...

And the Magpul 30 round magazines I ordered from Magpul for $15 are also $50 on that website.

Hope that website goes under.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back