This is what happens when you put a bunch of yahoo's in a Militia

That's what the "well regulated" refers to. Guess that part needs refreshing and reinforcement to some.

This is what happens when you put a bunch of yahoo's in a Militia

One might wonder who the "you" is that "put" those undisciplined and untrained men in a militia? Do you know, Bob? I'll give you a hint; it's a bit higher authority than a rancher in Nevada, or any individual person at all for that matter.

For someone with the 2nd Amendment as his avatar, you seem rather hostile towards the notion of an emergency, impromptu mustering of a militia taking place in modern-day America, which BTW, accomplished its mission of preventing the imposition of unnecessary and unconstitutional violence by federal agents against citizens that they're sworn to protect the rights of. One might expect a staunch supporter of the 2A to celebrate a successful mustering, rather than mocking the participants as "yahoos." Certainly honest and frank after-action evaluations are prudent, and in this particular case, very necessary to prevent the potential for the same kinds of carelessness that Mike wrote about witnessing while he was there. Which brings up another question about your reason for titling this thread the way you did, and then saying something about Mike Vanderboegh....

Maybe in your excitement to have something negative to post about the militia that showed up in Bunkerville, you didn't even notice that the article was posted not on Mike's Sipsey Street Irregulars blog, but on The Captain's Journal blog. Maybe you missed that the words, "Mike Vanderboegh" were actually a link to an in-depth AAR that Mike devoted nearly 4,000 words to reviewing every minute detail that his extensive experience informed him would serve to prevent the mistakes the "yahoos" made in Bunkerville should they ever find themselves in a disorganized cluster-coital act like that again. Maybe you also missed that The Captain's Journal (Herschel Smith) excerpted only one paragraph about the poor muzzle discipline that Mike wrote about "as an aside" (direct quote from Mike's AAR), and focused the entirety of his piece on that one narrow issue. I'm not knockin' Mr. Smith. Like he said to open his piece, lousy muzzle discipline "is a very serious issue." I agree with him, but it was only a side-issue in Mike's AAR because it was somewhere down towards the bottom in order of importance on Mike's list compared to the infighting that happened between Oath Keepers and the militia, the lack of perimeter security and rumor control, the poor judgment and lack of vetting of who was allowed into the militia camp, and whatever positives he could describe in an honest effort to give a full and complete review of the events he either participated in himself, or witnessed in close proximity.

Bottom line, to use Mike's name and quotations from his AAR in the same thread where you mock the people who took time out of their lives to try to help a family of citizens being threatened with government snipers surrounding their home is WAY out of line. There was nothing mocking about Mike's AAR. He took both the events and his review deadly seriously. He was trying to make those willing to sacrifice their own time, money, and maybe even their lives, be better organized and better prepared next time, which at the time that he was writing it, the BLM was still being very threatening and many thought "next time" would be hours or days, not weeks, months or years.

But you don't agree with Bundy, so anyone that made mistakes during the time they were protecting him from being freakin' sniped by government agents, are "yahoos" to you.

That's quite a case of priapism you've got there, Bob. You really should see a doctor about that.

Blues

Just think of what George Washington had to deal with the Militia he was handed and he able to root out the Tyrants of his day.

One might wonder who the "you" is that "put" those undisciplined and untrained men in a militia? Do you know, Bob? I'll give you a hint; it's a bit higher authority than a rancher in Nevada, or any individual person at all for that matter.

For someone with the 2nd Amendment as his avatar, you seem rather hostile towards the notion of an emergency, impromptu mustering of a militia taking place in modern-day America, which BTW, accomplished its mission of preventing the imposition of unnecessary and unconstitutional violence by federal agents against citizens that they're sworn to protect the rights of. One might expect a staunch supporter of the 2A to celebrate a successful mustering, rather than mocking the participants as "yahoos." Certainly honest and frank after-action evaluations are prudent, and in this particular case, very necessary to prevent the potential for the same kinds of carelessness that Mike wrote about witnessing while he was there. Which brings up another question about your reason for titling this thread the way you did, and then saying something about Mike Vanderboegh....

Maybe in your excitement to have something negative to post about the militia that showed up in Bunkerville, you didn't even notice that the article was posted not on Mike's Sipsey Street Irregulars blog, but on The Captain's Journal blog. Maybe you missed that the words, "Mike Vanderboegh" were actually a link to an in-depth AAR that Mike devoted nearly 4,000 words to reviewing every minute detail that his extensive experience informed him would serve to prevent the mistakes the "yahoos" made in Bunkerville should they ever find themselves in a disorganized cluster-coital act like that again. Maybe you also missed that The Captain's Journal (Herschel Smith) excerpted only one paragraph about the poor muzzle discipline that Mike wrote about "as an aside" (direct quote from Mike's AAR), and focused the entirety of his piece on that one narrow issue. I'm not knockin' Mr. Smith. Like he said to open his piece, lousy muzzle discipline "is a very serious issue." I agree with him, but it was only a side-issue in Mike's AAR because it was somewhere down towards the bottom in order of importance on Mike's list compared to the infighting that happened between Oath Keepers and the militia, the lack of perimeter security and rumor control, the poor judgment and lack of vetting of who was allowed into the militia camp, and whatever positives he could describe in an honest effort to give a full and complete review of the events he either participated in himself, or witnessed in close proximity.

Bottom line, to use Mike's name and quotations from his AAR in the same thread where you mock the people who took time out of their lives to try to help a family of citizens being threatened with government snipers surrounding their home is WAY out of line. There was nothing mocking about Mike's AAR. He took both the events and his review deadly seriously. He was trying to make those willing to sacrifice their own time, money, and maybe even their lives, be better organized and better prepared next time, which at the time that he was writing it, the BLM was still being very threatening and many thought "next time" would be hours or days, not weeks, months or years.

But you don't agree with Bundy, so anyone that made mistakes during the time they were protecting him from being freakin' sniped by government agents, are "yahoos" to you.

That's quite a case of priapism you've got there, Bob. You really should see a doctor about that.

Blues

Blues you become more trollish every day. First you make an assumption there was going to be violence. Then you argue what Mike wrote......Have you ever met him? I have.. I have the utmost respect for him. I happen to have spoke at the 26th Annual, GRPC. As did he. So we had a chance to speak.
Then you agree that Muzzle Discipline is a very serious issue. Which is what this thread was about, not your love affair with the Bundy situation.
People with safety violation put other people at risk. And that makes them YAHOO"S...And in this case could have created a massacre if they negligently fired a gun. And if you can justify it, that would put you in their camp.

Seems that you are the one needing a doctor.

BTTBOB... you're an instructor. You must see that most people don't safely handle a weapon right? This has nothing to do with militia, the Bundy's or the BLM. Regarding the troll comment. Blues has over 4,000 posts and a very high "like" count. That's not a troll. A troll has a low count, like yours, and an opinion that differs from the majority, like yours. You need to find another word. Troll doesn't cut it.

BTTBOB... you're an instructor. You must see that most people don't safely handle a weapon right? This has nothing to do with militia, the Bundy's or the BLM. Regarding the troll comment. Blues has over 4,000 posts and a very high "like" count. That's not a troll. A troll has a low count, like yours, and an opinion that differs from the majority, like yours. You need to find another word. Troll doesn't cut it.

Hi post counts and like counts don't change some things. This post was about someone highly respected in the community noticing and bringing up poor gun safety protocol. Not about the Bundy Ranch and the Federal Government.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

Actually bob, ole vanderbough, the "ex" communist isnt all that respected in the real world where most of us live..... Yes, he has a following, I myself read his articles from time to time and I have even had personal correspondence with him. BUT most of us dont worship him like you seem to do.....

As a side note, most of us on here would take blues side ANY DAY over yours, so get over yourself and just accept that you got a well deserved serving of humble pie from him and go argue someplace else....

Actually bob, ole vanderbough, the "ex" communist isnt all that respected in the real world where most of us live..... Yes, he has a following, I myself read his articles from time to time and I have even had personal correspondence with him. BUT most of us dont worship him like you seem to do.....

As a side note, most of us on here would take blues side ANY DAY over yours, so get over yourself and just accept that you got a well deserved serving of humble pie from him and go argue someplace else....

Another worshiper, I will say Blues has his loyalists. And Mike obviously is fairly well respected by his peers or he would not have been a speaker at the GRPC.....Don't like my posts its easy.....
Nothing you or Blues can say will change the fact that unsafe gun handling makes a person a yahoo.

Blues you become more trollish every day. First you make an assumption there was going to be violence.

There already had been violence before most of the militia showed up. They knocked Cliven's 60-something sister to the dirt, tased one of his sons and sent an attack dog after him, and assaulted a pregnant woman. I didn't have to "assume" anything. They proved what they were/are capable of, and it was all on video, which is a large part of what inspired much of the subsequent journey by militia members from all over the country.

After they showed up, it was scouts from their ranks that took pictures of no less than four sniper nests focusing on the Bundy Ranch, not on the BLM land that they had/have some conceivable jurisdiction over. Have you really not heard of any of these abuses of authority?

Then you argue what Mike wrote

No I didn't, I linked to what Mike wrote -- the whole thing, not just one paragraph that was picked apart by a third party who wasn't there.

......Have you ever met him?

Yes. Many times. Spent the day and had lunch with him a month or so ago. Submitted a couple of stories that he's used on the blog since that day. So what? I don't need to know him in order to know where Herschel Smith was excerpting from, nor to know how important the topic was to Mike, which like I said, was a topic that he mentioned near the end of his 3,975 word AAR "as an aside."

So?

I have the utmost respect for him.

As you should.

I happen to have spoke at the 26th Annual, GRPC. As did he. So we had a chance to speak.

Again, so? Talk about going off-topic. You're just name-dropping now.

Then you agree that Muzzle Discipline is a very serious issue. Which is what this thread was about, not your love affair with the Bundy situation.

So now you're complaining about me agreeing with Mr. Smith on that one narrow topic? Jeesh, a guy can't win for losing with you.

People with safety violation put other people at risk. And that makes them YAHOO"S...

Actually, if you ask Mike instead of just dropping his name like some kind of star-struck teenie-bopper, you'd understand that that's not what it makes them at all. It makes them undisciplined, in need of qualified leadership, in need of training, in need of cross-state coordination, in need of platooning and delegation of specific units to specific responsibilities etc. etc. etc. The "yahoos" are those like you who mock them for making an effort to resolve a situation that you have been on the wrong side of since the beginning, and you do it from behind a keyboard. Yeah, there were a lot of mistakes made, probably still being made, but one of those mistakes wasn't showing up while you b!tched and moaned from the comfort of your own home or office or in the coffee shop or wherever. You link to one website, imply that it came from Mike's website, ignore the overwhelming majority of what Mike did write in favor of taking a jab from the peanut gallery at those who at least got off their asses and tried to help. If you don't like being called a "yahoo," then don't take jabs at the Patriots who tried, and succeeded, in pushing the violence-prone BLM back so that cooler heads could prevail, for the time being at least.

And in this case could have created a massacre if they negligently fired a gun.

As could any one of the snipers who had their rifles trained on the Bundy family, only it's quite likely that it wouldn't have been a negligent discharge, but an intentional one.

And if you can justify it, that would put you in their camp.

I only justify their presence, and otherwise agree with both Mike and Herschel that they should train vigorously from now on. I don't, however, mock them for showing up. I mock you for being critical of their showing up.

Seems that you are the one needing a doctor.

You have no idea....

Hi post counts and like counts don't change some things. This post was about someone highly respected in the community noticing and bringing up poor gun safety protocol.

No it wasn't. It was about taking a shot at militia members who showed up to stand between the government that you support and the family that was being threatened by snipers, copters, having their cattle shot, buried in mass graves, stolen and attempted to sell illegally at a Utah auction that the UT Governor put a stop to before they crossed the state line, which in and of itself would've been a felony without proper bills of sale and branding certifications under the cattle rustling statutes!

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

There was nothing off-topic in what I said previously. You mentioned Mike Vanderboegh as though he was the author of the piece you linked to. I corrected that implication. I responded to the piece you did link to, even agreeing with it as far as it goes, but since you seemed to think that Mike was the main person doing the writing, I spent most of my time correcting the misperceptions you mentioning his name might invoke in those reading the piece.

Oh, and BTW, will you answer the question I first posed, "One might wonder who the "you" is that "put" those undisciplined and untrained men in a militia? Do you know, Bob?" I'll guarantee you that Mike Vanderboegh, Stewart Rhodes, Jerry DeLemus, Cliven and/or Ryan Bundy and probably every one of the men and women who showed up could answer that question without having to give it much thought. Again, you said "...when you put a bunch of yahoos in a militia," so this is not off-topic either. Who is the "you" that "put" those folks there?

OK, your turn to b!tch and moan some more because your name-dropping didn't earn you any slack for your name-calling of principled, though in need of vigorous training, militia members who showed up while you enjoyed your freakin' air conditioning.

Blues

Hi post counts and like counts don't change some things. This post was about someone highly respected in the community noticing and bringing up poor gun safety protocol. Not about the Bundy Ranch and the Federal Government.

I agree-
But, you need to admit it bob; the only reason you started this whole thread was to troll Blues and those of us here that support Bundy. Every single post you have made since has been a trollish post. (What do you think calling people yahoos, blues worshippers and telling them they are in need of a doctor is; if not a trollish type attack.)

A lot of us here really like Blues and with good reason. He is one of the most well informed and well spoken people here. But, some of us here have also gone toe-to-toe with him before. (I know I did back during the last couple of elections.) But, he has earned the respect of many; and I would gladly have a beer, go to church or go out to lunch with him any day. Why? (Because he is very intelligent and had a great wealth of knowledge and experience from which many could learn.)

I have gone back and read a lot of your posts bob. All I can say is- as an instructor, you are sorely lacking in the communication and P R skills you really need if you are to be taken seriously. I am sure you're intelligent and probably do a good job communicating without looking like a complete ^$$ in a face to face situation. But here, you really seem to have some serious mental issues (almost stalker like obsessiveness), when it comes Blues.

No offense there buddy (really). But, you need to let it go.

-

I agree-
But, you need to admit it bob; the only reason you started this whole thread was to troll Blues and those of us here that support Bundy. Every single post you have made since has been a trollish post. (What do you think calling people yahoos, blues worshippers and telling them they are in need of a doctor is; if not a trollish type attack.)

A lot of us here really like Blues and with good reason. He is one of the most well informed and well spoken people here. But, some of us here have also gone toe-to-toe with him before. (I know I did back during the last couple of elections.) But, he has earned the respect of many; and I would gladly have a beer, go to church or go out to lunch with him any day. Why? (Because he is very intelligent and had a great wealth of knowledge and experience from which many could learn.)

I have gone back and read a lot of your posts bob. All I can say is- as an instructor, you are sorely lacking in the communication and P R skills you really need if you are to be taken seriously. I am sure you're intelligent and probably do a good job communicating without looking like a complete ^$$ in a face to face situation. But here, you really seem to have some serious mental issues (almost stalker like obsessiveness), when it comes Blues.

No offense there buddy (really). But, you need to let it go.

-

I find it hysterical that you would think, that I would select anyone out in my own post in attacking anyone. As a matter of fact, this was a post about poor muzzle discipline. Nothing more or nothing less. You see, if it was a post that someone else started and I didn't like it, I would ignore it. Seems to me someone else started the downhill run on this thread. And no, calling someone a yahoo that handles a gun lackadaisically is not trolling.

Heck, ya never know, Blues and I could maybe best friends in person, I don't know. But I did not direct this post or any other at him. That assumption that you made is false. Blues has a way to rub folks wrong with his personal attacks. I don't do that. And it is humorous that you would call me a stalker when it's my thread and he came on here. Gives people something to think about.

Maybe you really don't mean to troll Blues. But, a lot of your posts come across that way. That's all I'm saying. (No offense)

For the record, I never felt trolled by the OP or title of the thread, I just feel it is wrong to mock people who actually did something rather than being like the name-caller and name-dropper who posted the thread from the comfort of his own home.

I do appreciate the sentiments though tcox4freedom.
grin.gif

In the years I've been on this forum, I've never seen any real troll posts by Blues. He has simply responded to others trying to troll. When you have knowledge and communication ability like Blues there really is no reason to troll anybody. Trolls usually troll because they lack knowledge & communication ability, so the only thing they can do is try to incite an emotional response to take the conversation "away" from a debate about facts. JMHO

-

I'm a newbie to these forums. Many, like myself come to these forums to gain information, get a feel for the current mood of the anti's as well as the pro 2a folks, read up on politics, find a smile perhaps and above all learn more about guns, CC or Open carry as whichever floats our boat, to name only a few reasons. As for myself, I had to go to the very first post in this thread to re-read what was it was even about. The rest of the thread is garbage and not worth this readers time. I can only say that I feel the original post with the link to the ariticle was, IMHO, a good post, informative and was well worth reading. The writer made some very good points. I didn't come away from it as being political in one way versus another. True, the title including the word 'Yahoos' could have been phrased a bit better to reflect what the article was about rather than personal OP, but I realize that anyone posting has a right to thier opinion in any case. There must be many of us that have on idea who you guys are, your past beefs and could care less. We just want to read good, solid information.

Again, from a newbie point of view, my 2 cents worth.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back