Thinking on getting the M&P 15 sport any feedback would be appreciated-

Usa007

Seen one of these inexpensive/quality AR's at a local gun shop and want one, does anyone own one of these rifles and can tell me more about them generally?? Just need a range rifle and always wanted a 15??

I don't own one, but then I haven't seen one that was less than $1000 new.
I have $600 in my build and it is a lot of fun! (It is my first AR.) I had never owned an AR before. After much debate and talking to a number of people. I took a class and built one. The class was $100. It included all the parts, etc.

This probably doesn't help you, but it might give you another option.
Joe

I own an M&P15 MOE and I absolutely love it! It is an extremely accurate rifle to have just a 16.5" barrel as is any quality M4 style weapon in the right hands, mine is a flat top Magpul edition but had flip up sights but you have tons of options for scopes and sights that will mount on the rifle, I went with an EoTech since it fit my needs best for the cost. I haven't noticed any significant wear to any part of the rifle and I clean it every time its fired which will increase parts life along with keeping a good lube made for rapid fire on all the moving parts. You should be more than happy with an M&P, just have fun with it and take advantage of the thousands of.options to customize it to your liking.

I think they are very good weapons. If I didn't already have an AR carbine I might get one. I see the prices are coming down in some places. Link Removed

I love mine. Clean, smooth, accurate. Got it optics ready at just under 1k before taxes at Academy. Well worth it. Do a wikipedia search on S&W M&P 15. Some good background development info.

Great weapon I love mine, come with better than average rear sight and heavy barrel for about $650. I'm not in combat so i have little for a dust cover and if i need to use a thumb assist- I NEED TO CLEAN MY WEAPON!!
you cannot beat the m&p 15 at any price, solid rifle

Iam2Taz, where did you find a class on building one for $100? Can you post a link or details, please? Anything would be greatly appreciated. :)

I have a M&P15 MOE as well. It's been a great rifle. The "Sport" looks like a standard MilSpec AR. With the exception of the hand guard, it's pretty much the same as a MOE, so you should expect great performance and reliability from it. Here's mine:

Link Removed

Mines been modified a little, but it still has the same running gear on the inside.

nice MOE

I have a M&P15 MOE as well. It's been a great rifle. The "Sport" looks like a standard MilSpec AR. With the exception of the hand guard, it's pretty much the same as a MOE, so you should expect great performance and reliability from it. Here's mine:

Link Removed

Mines been modified a little, but it still has the same running gear on the inside.
was it easy to remove the handguard?

Is it true that the m&p 15 sport is manufactured by a company called stag arms?

It's a Smith and Wesson rifle so I don't think so. The M&P rifle has been around for a few years now. I don't own one but know 2 people who do. They swear loyalty to them. I would buy one all day long except for the assault weapon ban that was signed into law here in 2004 by A-hole Mitt Romney. They would have to be MA complaint and that means fixed stock, no muzzle device, can't have a bayonet lug... etc... All the things that make the AR great.

I have a pre-ban Colt A2 fixed carry handle rifle that I am planning to get a flat top upper for. Will get an M&P upper for it.

I have 5 S&W firearms and have no issues with any of them. I just bought the M&P15-22 rifle over a month ago and fell in love with rimfire again... I use it for practice/drills at 3 cents per round vs 35-40 cents..

Smith & Wesson put thier name on the M&P 15; When I buy that brand I know that I have purchased a high quality firearm. While I admit I am unfamilar with Stag Arms I have no doubt that they followed S&W specs in the manufactoring of the M&P 15. so,if S&W has HASBRO construting weapons and are placing thier reputation to the quality of the workmanship and operation of said weapons I'd have two questions:

1) have i ever got a bad S&W?

2) do I Know anyone that has bought a bad S&W?

I would Have to answer both questions NO

I love my S&W M&P 15, IT'S NOT THE ONLY AR I OWE, BUT IT HAS BECOME MY FAVORITE!!!!!

It's 04:04 and I haven't slept so pardon any errors in spelling.

Usa007:215175 said:
Is it true that the m&p 15 sport is manufactured by a company called stag arms?

Got this off wikipedia:

Unveiled at SHOT Show 2006, the rifle debuted in two varieties; the M&P15 and the M&P15T. Both are basically the same rifle, chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO, with the T model featuring folding sights and a four-sided accessories rail. At its debut, the M&P15's suggested retail price was $1,200, while the M&P15T retailed for $1,700. Their current line consists of four models, ranging in price from $1,049 to $2,200. These rifles were first produced by Stag Arms, but marketed under the Smith & Wesson name.[3] Currently Smith & Wesson makes the lower receiver in house while the barrel is supplied by Thompson/Center, an S&W company.

Several top end ARs do not have the forward assist. "The original forward assist is the concave cutout in the exposed section of the bolt carrier. To seat the bolt you simply place a finger in the cutout and press forward. "When you get a cartridge that won't seat in a rifle," according to Stoner, "and you deliberately drive it in, usually you are buying yourself more trouble." Noveske Thunder Ranch and Shootrite katana do not have them.
The Truth About Guns did a nice review of one.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back