Thinking about hanging up my guns...for good

Wild Dog

Banned
Today, I faced failure, death, and guilt.

It began when I drove to my local bank. I had several dollars worth of quarters and wanted to trade them in for paper money. As I stepped in, I say two men with guns force the customers on the floor and yell at the tellers to empty out the drawers. I felt the sheep dog in my take over and, dropping the quarters, I lit a cigarette. There was only two scum bags, no problem I thought.

"A beautiful day for a withdraw," I said, taking a long drag "Isn't it."

The two robbers turned to face me. I could tell they were momentarily intimidated by my lack of fear.

"You," said one of them "Get down on the ground."

I took another drag of my cigarette as I mulled my enemies words over in my head.

"You know," I replied "I'm going to have to ask you gentlemen to leave the bank."

"What is this, a joke?"

"You got that right," I said "It is a joke. And guess what, here's the punchline."

I pulled my weapon, two quick shots and two dead scum bags fell to the ground...dead.

I thought it was over, but a little voice inside my head told me to turn around. As I spun around, 180, I saw a third man I didn't even realize was there. Like a homicidal Oscar the Grouch, he popped out of the trash bin with an AK-47 and opened fire. Despite my preternatural reflexes, I knew there was no way I could bring my weapon onto target. As I knew death and Valhalla soon awaited me, a customer jumped in front of me and protected my body from the deadly fusillade with his own. I dragged him behind the customer counter as full automatic fire rained death around us. As he laid bleeding and dying, the customer reached up for to me.

"G-g-get that mother ******," he said before dying.

Enraged, I sprung to my feet and emptied my pistol into the shooters direction. He dropped his weapon and sputtered blood as I ventilated his torso. Dying and in pain he looked up at me.

"Finish it," he said.

"No," I replied "Just lay there and bleed."

And I walked out of the bank, my duster coat flapping in the breeze.

The cops soon arrived on scene. They called me a hero and wanted to give me a medal. But I can't help but feel a little guilty over the death of the customer, and am thinking of hanging it up. What do you all think?

Wow, I come here asking for advice and I get remarks about ignoring me. So much epic fail on this thread it's not even funny.

Sigh..... Not again......

Sent from my bunker: "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are... I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
~President Ronald Reagan~

I think it's no more fantastical a story-line than White House Down that I watched last night, and presumably, it made money. I was somewhat entertained, though throughout the last half of it I kept thinking to myself, "I don't even know why I'm still watching this because it's so stupid," proving only that people can be sucked into the dumbest of story-lines in pursuit of entertainment, and that movie producers are more than willing to go to great expense on-set and in the CGI labs to provide said dumb entertainment. So my advice is, whether or not you decide to hang up your personal weapons, keep writing.

Blues

He/She does have a vivid imagination... Although some stuff seems to be pulled from video games

Sent from my bunker: "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are... I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
~President Ronald Reagan~

If this is just a venue for stories, then I agree with blues. His stories are way more interesting than other self proclaimed heroes we have had here...

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

I think it's no more fantastical a story-line than White House Down that I watched last night, and presumably, it made money. I was somewhat entertained, though throughout the last half of it I kept thinking to myself, "I don't even know why I'm still watching this because it's so stupid," proving only that people can be sucked into the dumbest of story-lines in pursuit of entertainment, and that movie producers are more than willing to go to great expense on-set and in the CGI labs to provide said dumb entertainment. So my advice is, whether or not you decide to hang up your personal weapons, keep writing.

Blues
Saw the movie, and ditto. His embellished fantasies have been a hoot to read.

Thanks guys. Because no one told I should hang up my guns that means you all think I should continue to do what it is that I do. Thanks.:biggrin:

Howdy Wild Dog,

Thanks guys. Because no one told I should hang up my guns that means you all think I should continue to do what it is that I do. Thanks.:biggrin:

Don't let anyone rain on your parade, Buddy!

Eventhough one customer died, by his own actions btw, you single-handed took out 3 BGs and made the World a better and safer place for all the sheep.

Keep up the GREAT work and NEVER hung up your guns.

Paul

Howdy Wild Dog,

Don't let anyone rain on your parade, Buddy!

Eventhough one customer died, by his own actions btw, you single-handed took out 3 BGs and made the World a better and safer place for all the sheep.

Keep up the GREAT work and NEVER hung up your guns.

Paul

Thank you, for that.

I agree with Stengun.
This stuff takes me back to my days of reading Mack Bolan, Phoenix Force and Able Team. I read a Mack Bolan novel not long ago and the writing style is very similar.
I say keep up the good fight, Wild Dog!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back