They Hate God: The Real Root of Atheist's Anti-Christmas Rage

Oldgrunt

I have followed along with the anti-Christian rants on here for quite some time. I have deliberately avoided any real confrontation with the nay-sayers for two reasons. One is that I don't want to say anything that would be offensive to God and, two, I hate to see others say things that they will one day hear again at their judgement and not be able to explain to God. Be that as it may, I found this article today that I thought worthy of passing along. Some may enjoy it, others may be offended but, to those who aren't offended, Merry Christmas!

"Why do some atheists embarrass themselves year after year trying to eradicate Christmas from American culture? Why do they make themselves societal hemorrhoids during this hallowed season? Is it because they are crusaders for equality, secularism’s saviors and humanism’s heroes? I’m sure that’s what they tell themselves when they’re pouting on their couches all alone on Christmas Eve after every single one of their friends has dumped them for being a rabid jackass.

I believe, however—and I could be wrong—that the reason some rage against the machine is that they hate God and love their sin, and bringing up Jesus in December is not the way they wanted to finish off the year. Indeed, Christ really rains on their parade … and they love their parade.

Christmas, if you really get down to the brass tacks of it, isn’t about reindeer, elves, iPhones or Lindsay Lohan punching a gypsy, but about mankind’s sin problem and what God did to remedy it by sending His Son.

I know the chief facet most people focus on regarding Christ’s birth has been the peace on earth and good will toward men stuff, but if you dig around in the gospels a tad you’ll quickly see that the “peace on earth” thing is an ancillary perk to the main reason the second person of the godhead donned an earth suit and decided to hang out with us dunderheads. The core cause that necessitated Jesus’ incarnation was our jacked up carnality. Yep, Hambone, it was our sin. There, I said it. Sin. Yours, mine and ours.

Transgression was the reason for the season.

This is why El Diablo didn’t pass out cigars at Jesus’ birth. Happy he was not that the Son was not only going to address our sins but He was going to eternally and temporally salvage those who believe from sin’s fetid effects. This is why slewfoot energized Herod to put a hit out on the Nazarene when He was a wee little baby and why Satan’s demon inspired ilk are anti-Christmas to this day. Jesus’ birth equated to Satan’s demise.

This is not good news to some, though. Indeed, many atheists are up front about it and don’t want to leave their wantonness. As Jesus Himself said, they prefer darkness to light and don’t like to be reminded of their personal accountability for their sin—and thus their need for salvation—and therefore we should not expect them to be stoked about Jesus’ birthday party.

This is easy math, folks: A person who has no remorse and thus no desire to repent from their sins is probably not going to be a big advocate for the celebration of the person who reminds them they’re wrong and calls them to repent and believe.

Call me goofy, but I’m forever grateful for Jesus’ birth, His attesting miracles, His sacrificial death, burial and resurrection. While most atheists this Christmas will be drinking to forget, I will, as Martin Luther said, drink to remember the One who was and is and is to come."

Read more at THEY HATE GOD: The Real Root of Atheists' Anti-Christmas Rage | Clash Daily

Link Removed

Most people totally miss use that scripture reference. The angels were announcing the birth of Christ and conveying a message from God. The message was that God's wrath would no longer be against man because of Jesus. They were saying "GOD" is offering a gift of PEACE and goodwill toward man in and through the Lord Jesus.

Jesus Himself stated that He did not come to bring "peace". But, He said he came to bring a sword, to turn brother against brother, etc. The true message of the gospel is God's love offering toward man. That through a relationship with Jesus ALL men can live in peace with God.

The Bible is extremely clear that those that love God will be hated by those that don't. That's really what we see here on this forum. (The fulfillment of scripture!)

-

I'm sure there will be much back and forth on this subject as there is every year during the Christmas season. However, the long and short of it can be summed up in the fact there is nothing new under the sun. In reading the Book of Acts we find one scenario repeated time and again. There always has been and always will be one of two responses to the message of the Cross, and make no mistake, the birth of Christ is indeed about the Cross. Those who reject Christ and subsequently the Gospel message responded with rebellion. Those who receive Christ and subsequently the Gospel message respond with rejoicing.

That being said, I rejoice in the birth, death, resurrection, ascension and soon return of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Wishing all a Very Blessed and Merry Christmas!

Funny, I ran across this quote from Albert Einstein from a request to Like a Facebook page "Flying in the Face of Gravity". While not usually a Facebook enthusiast or devote follower I found it interesting that the quote below was actually from Einstein and that he used "miracle" in his description.
-
"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is"
-
The smartest man in the last, maybe a few hundred years or better, was a believer. Those that deny, only deny themselves the Love and Grace that is offered. So be it, I'm not one to force feed anyone my beliefs. (When was the last time you tried to force feed a baby? That's right, they too won't eat.) Those that deny make they're own decisions. As a child of God I can only hope they find salvation. Again, they're choice not mine.

Once again (and this will go on endlessly), atheists don't--in fact can't--"hate" what doesn't exist. That "hating god" mantra is pretty clearly a useful "rally 'round the bandwagon" cry for religious extremists. Most atheists are live-and-let-live types but are fully capable of hating the way too many religious people unceasingly and smugly push their beliefs on everybody else and insinuate their superstition into law and public policy. Religion must be a lot like manure--no good unless it gets spread around.

BTW, one thing I do hate is the insipid "happy holidays" phrase. I say "Merry Christmas" and send cards that say that.

noresme,

I get your beliefs, and you've expressed them enough that I'm not going to push what I believe on you, and as such, would respect the same of you. But your last BTW got me confused. I know you don't believe in Christ, but you say that the phrase "happy holidays" is insipid, but you do say "Merry Christmas" which is a direct root of the term "Christ's Mass". Knowing your beliefs, I'm a bit confused why your feeling isn't against the phrase "Merry Christmas" instead. Any insight to calm an inquiring mind would be appreciated.

wolf

Funny, I ran across this quote from Albert Einstein from a request to Like a Facebook page "Flying in the Face of Gravity". While not usually a Facebook enthusiast or devote follower I found it interesting that the quote below was actually from Einstein and that he used "miracle" in his description.
-
"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is"
-
The smartest man in the last, maybe a few hundred years or better, was a believer. Those that deny, only deny themselves the Love and Grace that is offered. So be it, I'm not one to force feed anyone my beliefs. (When was the last time you tried to force feed a baby? That's right, they too won't eat.) Those that deny make they're own decisions. As a child of God I can only hope they find salvation. Again, they're choice not mine.

Another quote of his that I like as a believer and as a physics teacher is:
"I only wish to know the mind of God, the rest are details."

Also, I'm not too sure how much of a follower of Christ Einstein was. He did divorce his wife (and give her his Nobel prize winnings to do so) to marry his cousin. He did believe there was something greater than all of us, that much is true of what he has said concerning God. I've read much about him, but haven't run across much of what he believed. If anyone has that sort of information I would indeed be interested in reading about it.

noresme and I have had differences of opinion on this subject several times and I think I understand how he feels about religion. I don't deliberately try to push his buttons. I would much rather be civil in our disagreements than combative because neither of us will win. I will give him credit for getting in the spirit of the season with his greeting of "Merry Christmas" rather than the rather meaningless "Happy Holidays." Gotta give credit where credit is due! Merry Christmas everybody!

Back at ya Grunt. May the Blessings to you and your family continue through the New Year.

I have posted this before.

A Pastor friend of mine said this, "EVERYONE in Hell are true believers BUT it's to late for them!"

. Most atheists are live-and-let-live types but are fully capable of hating the way too many religious people unceasingly and smugly push their beliefs on everybody else and insinuate their superstition into law and public policy.

Talk about a load of BS. The facts speak for themselves. Every time Christ or God is mentioned or talked about the atheists being a parasite on Christianity and the STINKING HYPOCRITES they are, stick their nose in where it doesn't belong and spew their trash and push their unbelief on everybody else.

I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.
-Khalil Gibran

Whether you disgree or agree, hate or love, believe or don't believe 'THE KING OF KINGS AND THE LORD OR LORDS' is still coming.

-
-

The above quote by (The smartest man in the last, maybe a few hundred years or better) is "attributed to Einstein" which simply means somebody else decided he said it. There is no factual evidence that he ever said those words. Below are a few of his quotes that are well documented-

"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. … For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them". Gutkind Letter (3 January 1954)

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own — a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms". As quoted in European Civilization and Politics Since 1815 (1938) by Erik Achorn, p. 723. amd in his obituary in The New York Times (19 April 1955)

"I believe in Spinoza's God, Who reveals Himself in the lawful harmony of the world, not in a God Who concerns Himself with the fate and the doings of mankind".
24 April 1929 in response to the telegrammed question of New York's Rabbi Herbert S. Goldstein: "Do you believe in God? Stop. Answer paid 50 words." Einstein replied in only 27 (German) words. The New York Times 25 April 1929
Expanding on this he later wrote: "I can understand your aversion to the use of the term 'religion' to describe an emotional and psychological attitude which shows itself most clearly in Spinoza... I have not found a better expression than 'religious' for the trust in the rational nature of reality that is, at least to a certain extent, accessible to human reason."

"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being". Letter to Guy H. Raner Jr. (28 September 1949)

"I received your letter of June 10th. I have never talked to a Jesuit priest in my life and I am astonished by the audacity to tell such lies about me. From the viewpoint of a Jesuit priest I am, of course, and have always been an atheist". Letter to Guy H. Raner Jr. (2 July 1945), responding to a rumor that a Jesuit priest had caused Einstein to convert to Christianity, quoted in an article by Michael R. Gilmore in Skeptic magazine, Vol. 5, No. 2, (1997)

There are many more instances where he states he has always been an atheist. One simply has to do some elementary research to find the truth rather than blindly accept false statements. I have always been interested in facts and truth, that is why I felt compelled to make it clear that he did not believe in the conventional idea of any God. I myself have a belief in a supernatural power, but not the Christian God at all. It is a very private understanding of why we are here, and it is the basis upon which I have lived my entire life. My beliefs are not based on any of the thousands of religions available to men. Enough said. Merry Xmas to you all.

Talk about a load of BS. The facts speak for themselves. Every time Christ or God is mentioned or talked about the atheists being a parasite on Christianity and the STINKING HYPOCRITES they are, stick their nose in where it doesn't belong and spew their trash and push their unbelief on everybody else.

Really when was the last time a atheist came to you're home knocked on you're door and told you you need to accept our belief or else? How many TV channels are there with atheists preaching there is not a god? How many atheist groups ( if there are any ) build huge opulent buildings to preach there belief system from in every poor neighborhood across the country then demand the poor give them money or face a eternal damnation?

What group is the real hypocrite in all this??

Really when was the last time a atheist came to you're home knocked on you're door and told you you need to accept our belief or else? How many TV channels are there with atheists preaching there is not a god? How many atheist groups ( if there are any ) build huge opulent buildings to preach there belief system from in every poor neighborhood across the country then demand the poor give them money or face a eternal damnation?

What group is the real hypocrite in all this??

Link Removed

I find it funny; but, at the same time very "telling" that every time a Christian starts a thread to discuss the love for their LORD that atheists must come and try to disrupt things.

I wish someone could tell me why atheist try so very hard to be part of a "Christian" social group & discussions on the forum if they don't believe in God. I also find it intriguing that atheists are now building churches; WHY? (To worship nothing or nobody?) That is the epitome of delusional.

The fact is atheist are jealous of those that KNOW and love God. Their innate desire to be like Christians and to be around those that love JESUS just solidifies the fact that GOD is real. Deep down in their spirit, the atheists know this as well. Otherwise, they would have absolutely NO desire to talk to Christian or emulate us by building "churches".

God loves you atheists and believe it or not so do we. So, why don't you just admit that fear of facing your sins is why you must ridicule & mock God. Then, you can begin the process of your transformation to life eternal.

-

The above quote by (The smartest man in the last, maybe a few hundred years or better) is "attributed to Einstein" which simply means somebody else decided he said it. There is no factual evidence that he ever said those words. Below are a few of his quotes that are well documented-

"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. … For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them". Gutkind Letter (3 January 1954)

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own — a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms". As quoted in European Civilization and Politics Since 1815 (1938) by Erik Achorn, p. 723. amd in his obituary in The New York Times (19 April 1955)

"I believe in Spinoza's God, Who reveals Himself in the lawful harmony of the world, not in a God Who concerns Himself with the fate and the doings of mankind".
24 April 1929 in response to the telegrammed question of New York's Rabbi Herbert S. Goldstein: "Do you believe in God? Stop. Answer paid 50 words." Einstein replied in only 27 (German) words. The New York Times 25 April 1929
Expanding on this he later wrote: "I can understand your aversion to the use of the term 'religion' to describe an emotional and psychological attitude which shows itself most clearly in Spinoza... I have not found a better expression than 'religious' for the trust in the rational nature of reality that is, at least to a certain extent, accessible to human reason."

"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being". Letter to Guy H. Raner Jr. (28 September 1949)

"I received your letter of June 10th. I have never talked to a Jesuit priest in my life and I am astonished by the audacity to tell such lies about me. From the viewpoint of a Jesuit priest I am, of course, and have always been an atheist". Letter to Guy H. Raner Jr. (2 July 1945), responding to a rumor that a Jesuit priest had caused Einstein to convert to Christianity, quoted in an article by Michael R. Gilmore in Skeptic magazine, Vol. 5, No. 2, (1997)

There are many more instances where he states he has always been an atheist. One simply has to do some elementary research to find the truth rather than blindly accept false statements. I have always been interested in facts and truth, that is why I felt compelled to make it clear that he did not believe in the conventional idea of any God. I myself have a belief in a supernatural power, but not the Christian God at all. It is a very private understanding of why we are here, and it is the basis upon which I have lived my entire life. My beliefs are not based on any of the thousands of religions available to men. Enough said. Merry Xmas to you all.

I'm not here to feed the hungry for the teachings of Jesus. I'm just here to help you smell the aroma of his Love. Your choice, but not my place to force feed. God Bless!

Link Removed

I find it funny; but, at the same time very "telling" that every time a Christian starts a thread to discuss the love for their LORD that atheists must come and try to disrupt things.

I wish someone could tell me why atheist try so very hard to be part of a "Christian" social group & discussions on the forum if they don't believe in God. I also find it intriguing that atheists are now building churches; WHY? (To worship nothing or nobody?) That is the epitome of delusional.

The fact is atheist are jealous of those that KNOW and love God. Their innate desire to be like Christians and to be around those that love JESUS just solidifies the fact that GOD is real. Deep down in their spirit, the atheists know this as well. Otherwise, they would have absolutely NO desire to talk to Christian or emulate us by building "churches".

God loves you atheists and believe it or not so do we. So, why don't you just admit that fear of facing your sins is why you must ridicule & mock God. Then, you can begin the process of your transformation to life eternal.

-

the problem is when they bring the bat **** crazy into threads that have absolutely nothing to do w/ it.

Another good one that proves my point about science providing evidence of God- (Even atheists are beginning to realize their science is flawed.)

I really would like to hear the response & thoughts by some here on this- If the most respected people in the world of atheism are beginning to accept the possibility of intelligent design because of "Science", why keep trying to stand on the same false "evolution" evidence that has hindered the atheist movement for the past few decades?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back