they got to be out their friggen minds!?!

eagleeyes

WORCHESTER, MA -- This town is asking citizens to bring their weapons to the police department next weekend as part of the city's annual "Goods for Guns Buyback Program." In return for the guns, the city will offer gift certificates, and - a free flu shot.

Disarming themselves AND receiving a shot of poison? This must be a program for people who love punishment.

City: Give Us Your Guns, Get A Free Flu Shot - And A Wegman's Gift Card | CNS News

Well, it is Massachusetts. They're only in line behind New Jersey and New York as far as dumb ideas.

I don't know, it's simply trading commodities. Some ole widow with her dead husband hog leg that she can't use and needs the money. Some mother of a crackhead son finds the boy's piece and needs the money. I don't have an issue with it except that they're using tax payers money for this. NOW, if it was confiscated drug cash then I'd be OK with it.

I'm curious... Could you or I or anyone else for that matter stand outside the building where these gun turn in programs are happening and make an offer on anything you find interesting? They would get rid of their firearm, probably get more than the $50 gift certificate and flu shot are worth and you can get a great deal on a new firearm.

I'm curious... Could you or I or anyone else for that matter stand outside the building where these gun turn in programs are happening and make an offer on anything you find interesting? They would get rid of their firearm, probably get more than the $50 gift certificate and flu shot are worth and you can get a great deal on a new firearm.

Thats my thought. I'd dearly love to get some grandpa's old .38-55 winchester for a $60 bill and some aspirin.

I don't know, it's simply trading commodities. Some ole widow with her dead husband hog leg that she can't use and needs the money. Some mother of a crackhead son finds the boy's piece and needs the money. I don't have an issue with it except that they're using tax payers money for this. NOW, if it was confiscated drug cash then I'd be OK with it.
Most of what they get is absolute crap, and some of it won't even fire. Only a small percentage of what gets turned over in gun 'buyback' schemes is really worth anything as a useful weapon. Some guys I know attended a recent buyback in Ohio with lots of cash and canvassed the crowd. Anybody that had a decent firearm they offered a better price than what the city was paying, so they could keep it or resell it at a higher price. Really pissed the cops off, especially when they discovered it was totally legal and they couldn't stop it.

If you do decide to crash a "buy back" party just be sure you KNOW the law for your state. I would suggest even having a copy of it with you AND a device that can link directly to the online OFFICIAL version of it for both arm chair lawyers AND the cops.

The guberment can not legally confiscate your guns.
So they pay thieves to steal them from you.
NO QUESTIONS AXED!

Just a slick form of confiscation.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back