~The Ten Commandments of concealed carry~ According To Rudiepop

Yeah, Sheepdog my butt. Me and mine..... all others are completely situational AND dependent of how I'm feeling that day. LOL!

GG

It will also depend on if your carrying your EDC cape marked with a big "S", that and if their is a empty phone booth you can change in LOL!

I've said this before...I'm not a sheep. I'm not a sheepdog. I'm not a wolf (except where women are concerned). I'm a honey badger. I go about my business until I'm provoked. Then I become complete fury.

I'm sorry, but I really fail to see how it's dishonoring ANYONE let alone a neighbor by not dressing to CONCEAL! I think people dishonor ones neighbor/neighborhood when they don't dress AGE appropriate,walk around shirtless thinking they have Brad Pitts body,walking around with their ass cracks hanging out, walking around with their pants around their ankles!
Walmart at 1:00 AM offends me.

You might also want to wait for the political situation in Egypt to calm down just a little bit.

You are right of course. Maybe I'll just dress in a sheet, stand barefoot in my front yard, set one of my bushes on fire and post it on Youtube. Need to grow my beard out some first though.

You are right of course. Maybe I'll just dress in a sheet, stand barefoot in my front yard, set one of my bushes on fire and post it on Youtube. Need to grow my beard out some first though.

I seem to remember a guy with his nose in the air, with a toga and some styrofoam pillars, loads of folks with their hands in the air and their eyes glazed over waiting for him to walk on water... and he had a lot of bad things to say about those bushes! Can't say as he impressed me much, but I think all that gear is on discount now though.

Nope, it's located on the southern end of the Sinai peninisula in Egypt. Mount Sinai

There is a very interesting article in the Spirit Filled Life Study Bible that places the Biblical Sinai ( Mount Horeb) in Suadi Arabia. I doubt I can find a URL but I'll find the article when I ge thome form work

Mount Sinai is in the Sinai Peninsula. (I KNEW there was a reason it was named so!)

GG

My bad I mistook the Sinai Peninsula for the Saudi Arabian Peninsula

Mount Horeb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mount Horeb, Hebrew: חֹרֵב, Greek in the Septuagint: χωρηβ, Latin in the Vulgate: Horeb, is one of the two names given to the mountain at which the book of Deuteronomy in the Hebrew Bible states that the Ten Commandments were given to Moses by God. It is described in two places (Exodus 3:1, 1 Kings 19:8) as הַר הָאֱלֹהִים the Mountain of God or perhaps Mountain of the gods.

In other biblical passages, these events are described as having transpired at Mount Sinai, but though Sinai and Horeb are often considered to have been different names for the same place, there is a body of opinion that they may have been different locations.[1

That said, there is still some question as to where the Biblical Mount Sinai was at

Yeah, well taking "40 years" to cover the distance from Egypt to "The promised land" (Did you ever find it a bit strange that they came from East to West to enter the area, over the Jordan?) gets a bit bizarre too. (Although "40" is generally used in the Biblical sence to mean "quite some time".)

Oh well, trying to make sence of "epic poem" storytelling ex post facto....... Try making sence out of a translation of "Gilgamesh" sometime, for instance.

Then we can get into a good discussion of where Mt. Ararat is/was and is it the same geographical spot? (...and damn Noah for forgetting the unicorns anyway!)

Anyway, one of the definative works of recent years of ancient history is written by Susan Wise Bauer. (At least her style of writing doesn't put me to sleep, like some other ponderous tomes I have read over the years.) See her Ancient History and her Medieval History works. Well done, both.

GG

Sheepdogs we usually call the people that consider themselves almost cops and go out patrolling the neighborhood ... armed with a few guns, a baton, pepperspray and what not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back