~The Ten Commandments of concealed carry~ According To Rudiepop

rudiepop

:mad:~1 Before thou carriest a weapon thou shalt accept the possibility of taking another life.:triniti:
~2 Thou shalt carry at All times where legally accepted.:yes4:
~3 Thou shalt carrythy weapon in a safe manner.:wink:
~4 Thou shalt keep thy weapon clean and in good working order.:butcher:
~5 Thou shalt only draw thy weapon whith intention to stop a threat.:mad:
~6 Keepeth thy booger hook of the bang switch until thou art ready to shoot.:to_pick_ones_nose3:
~7 Thou shalt not stop shooting unil thy threat is stopped or thy ammo is gone.:biggrin:
~8 Thou shalt not be a sheepdog.:nono:
~9 Thou shalt honor thy neighbor by dressing to CONCEAL.:wink:
~10 Thou shalt honor and respect the second ammendment and conduct thyself in such a way as to never bring a reproach on others that carry and NEVER act dishonorable in any way.
:thank_you2:

Last edited:
OK I haven't heard that one before. So at the risck of sounding lost, (I normaly am by the way) what does it mean?:unsure:
It's ok we all get lost! LOL, somewhere on this site lives the answer to a sheepdog, but I'm in a bit of a fog and can't get my gps linked up, and my trusty compass is spinning wildly, so I'm lost too! Oh if only the fog would lift.

EXCUSE ME! Maybe the conotation of "sheepdog" rubs you adversely, but if you are in the know regarding 2nd Amendment rights as they are wholely discussed today, SHEEPDOG IS what you wish to be. The Lone Wolf is a problem for any communtity, the Sheep is too weak, too lazy, too trusting, too silly, raised badly, or too stupid to notice or ward off threats.

READ a helpful write-up at this link to help in the understanding: Sheepdog theory....good read about a Veteran explaining how things are (to a liberal) - AR15.COM

~1 Before thou carriest a weapon thou shalt accept the possibility of taking another life.
~2 Thou shalt carry at All times where legally accepted.
~3 Thou shalt carry in a safe manner.
~4 Thou shalt keep thy weapon clean and in good working order.
~5 Thou shalt only draw thy weapon whith intention to stop a threat.
~6 Keepeth thy booger hook of the bang switch until thou art ready to shoot.
~7 Thou shalt not stop shooting until threat is stopped or ammo is gone.
~8 Thou shalt not be a sheepdog.
~9 Thou shalt honor thy neighbor by dressing to CONCEAL.
~10 Thou shalt honor and respect the second ammendment and conduct thyself in such a way as to ever bring a reproach on others that carry or act dishonorable in any way.

Even writing this down is a violation of 8 and 9 totally osn't going to fly. I live in an open carry state and I'm going to OC at my discretion regardless of whay my neighbor thinks.

The rest of them are all for gun dorks

EXCUSE ME! Maybe the conotation of "sheepdog" rubs you adversely, but if you are in the know regarding 2nd Amendment rights as they are wholely discussed today, SHEEPDOG IS what you wish to be. The Lone Wolf is a problem for any communtity, the Sheep is too weak, too lazy, too trusting, too silly, raised badly, or too stupid to notice or ward off threats.

READ a helpful write-up at this link to help in the understanding: Sheepdog theory....good read about a Veteran explaining how things are (to a liberal) - AR15.COM

Grossman’s “Sheep, Sheepdogs and Wolves” was mainly directed at professional soldiers and police officers it was never intended to be a Raison d'être for concealed carry permit holders. It’s an analogy and like all analogies its flawed and you don’t have to take it too far to find the flaws.

Sheep are herd animals that are kept not out of the benevolent goodness of their owner’s heart but because they produce goods that benefit the owner and only the owner. Where do you think the term getting “fleeced” came from? Unproductive sheep are killed.

Sheepdogs are not part of the flock they are employed to impose the owner’s will on the sheep, by force if necessary. They guard the flock because it is of benefit to the owner and they have no qualms about herding the flock to a slaughterhouse if that is what the owner commands. Sheep dog is not an appellation I would care to have applied to me.

It has been my experience that those, in the permit holder community, who seek the title of sheepdog, tend to be authoritarians who use it as a means of self aggrandizement. They tend to derive their feelings of self worth from the position of quasi authority they assume their permit gives them. This is, of course, my opinion but I have also seen posters on gun boards state that our status as permit holders makes us defacto auxiliary police officers. As such I believe the sheepdog mythology is very, very dangerous to the gun owning community and I speak against it at every opportunity.

Even writing this down is a violation of 8 and 9 totally osn't going to fly. I live in an open carry state and I'm going to OC at my discretion regardless of whay my neighbor thinks.

The rest of them are all for gun dorks

Writing it is a violation of #8? Put down the crack pipe man! And #9 DOES fly because this is for CONCEALED CARRY ... not OC.
This was meant to be light hearted an fun. Quit taking yourself so serious.

I guess the Sheepdog conotation does rub me the wrong way in regards to how sheep is defined. A sheepdog, by nature, ALWAYS watches out for ALL sheep. I don't intend to have that kind of ongoing responsibility. I watch out for me and mine. If I witness an act of violence on a strang sheep I may or may not respond to it depending on how much danger it puts me and mine in.
A sheepdog is one who IS PAiD to be a Sheepdog. I have been one. I have also been in two gun fights, one of which I was shot. It puts a very clear perspective on what a Sheepdog is and isn't. This lighthearted "Ten Commandments of concealed carry" was aimed at civilian gun carriers and was meant to be funny. Thou shalt not be a Sheepdog simply means don't try to be the police or military just because you carry a weapon. that is not your responsibility. Protect yourself and those you are with.

I had initial confusion reading the OP but the responses clear up the sheep dog question. Its good to be a protector but we must all remember our place. Ie, not to involve ourselves unless its the right thing for the situation.

(If your involved in a hold up defend yourself, don't run into a hold up to CREATE a defense situation)

I had initial confusion reading the OP but the responses clear up the sheep dog question. Its good to be a protector but we must all remember our place. Ie, not to involve ourselves unless its the right thing for the situation.

(If your involved in a hold up defend yourself, don't run into a hold up to CREATE a defense situation)

well said.

Not a bad list. Unfortunately, #1 is an issue with the wife, she doesn't carry as she's afraid that wouldn't be able to shoot and her gun would end up getting used against her. She'll keep renewing her CCW though, does give more flexibility in carrying to the range, and for her being in the car if I have to get out and leave the gun behind.

#9 actually prevents me from fulfilling #2. I've found it VERY hard to properly do concealed in the Summer, so often don't carry when I'm legally able (and want to). I support OC, and would OC if it was socially acceptable. However, it's currently shaky ground and I'm in a position where I can't afford to even have an appearance that one might object to. I hope you OCers can get the word out and make it acceptable, so I can join you! :)

The sheepdog gaurds the flock. He watches over the flock and wards off the wolf in defense of the owners creatures. He works for the good of the whole, of the family, of the society. Part of a balance without which their would be such dependency. The sheepdog doesn't seek out trouble but won't retreat from it. The fleecing of the sheep does not refer to the killing of them. It is defined as the shearing of their wool for the benefit of clothing, blankets, etc. Just the same it refers to taking of our wool (money, taxes, etc.) as we Americans are fleeced of our savings by large government an corporate scam. Remember, God loves those who take care of his creatures.

Does this include the "sheep" that fleeces the taxpayers of their hard earned money via Government enforced "wallet dipping" and "charity"?

Bye the bye: It's a good thing they left off any mention of thy shall not "covet"...... I have been damn envious of some of my acquaintances' guns. (Cha-GRIN!) :laugh:

GG

Here we go yet another thread(that will no doubt turn heated)on how stupid the sheepdog idea is. Get the popcorn and soda and sit back and watch this one unfold!

Here we go yet another thread(that will no doubt turn heated)on how stupid the sheepdog idea is. Get the popcorn and soda and sit back and watch this one unfold!

Well, heck, #9 is the only "commandment" that makes the whole thing CC specific....

I can obey all the "commandements" by open carrying, and #9 as far as the "not dishonoring" the neighbors, I just don't have to dress to conceal my gun to do that.

Yeah, Sheepdog my butt. Me and mine..... all others are completely situational AND dependent of how I'm feeling that day. LOL!

GG

Well, heck, #9 is the only "commandment" that makes the whole thing CC specific....

I can obey all the "commandements" by open carrying, and #9 as far as the "not dishonoring" the neighbors, I just don't have to dress to conceal my gun to do that.

I'm sorry, but I really fail to see how it's dishonoring ANYONE let alone a neighbor by not dressing to CONCEAL! I think people dishonor ones neighbor/neighborhood when they don't dress AGE appropriate,walk around shirtless thinking they have Brad Pitts body,walking around with their ass cracks hanging out, walking around with their pants around their ankles!

IDK about y'all, but seeing ones male neighbor in a speedo, only you can't see the speedo because their beer gut is covering it. DISHONORS/OFFENDS ME way more then seeing a firearm, it also scars me for life(take a hot poker to my retinas!)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back