The story of my 2 new Kimbers at the cost of my SIGs

Sir, please do not be misled. You do NOT have spend $1,500 and thousands more to have a good, workable, useful 1911.

The good old 1911-A1 was fielded and carried for years by the US military, from WWII up and including use in Desert Storm.

You can buy nice replicas from Springfield that will give you a reliable functioning 1911.

He asked what was the top three 1911's. Dan Wesson is the best production 1911, Brown and Wilson are the best semi-custom 1911's. The guns you refer to, are generally serviceable, but will generally need some tweaking, at least, to run reliably. The above three I mentioned will run right out of the box. Remember, with the exception of Kimber, you get what you pay for in 1911's.

And just exactly how much do you think it would cost today to produce a US made "Military Spec" 1911a1? All tool steel parts with no MIM.

Exactly. Definitely not $6-800 that lower end 1911's sell for. The least expensive 1911 that I know of with NO MIM is the DW Heritage. They retail for $1298.00

A lot of folks feel this way about Glock. My gunsmith friend will not work on a “Plastic Gun”. One of my grandkids prefers the 1911 full size over just about everything we take out to the range. Remember the early days of the M-9 (92FS) versus the .45acp. A few magazine articles going around at the time of change 9mm v. .45acp. I do believe a few letters to the editor sections to include The American Riflemen (NRA) finally had had enough writing they were going to put the issue to bed, so as to speak, once and for all.
Do not misunderstand me. There is a place for a Glock. However if you simply take them at face value and believe the "safe action pistol" crap then your asking for trouble. You have to TRAIN with your weapon. Far to many folks buy a glock thinking hey it is a "SAFE" pistol but if you do not know to keep your finger OFF THE TRIGGER until you are ready to shoot then it is not really all that safe. As far as what is the best 1911 production made firearm well that is a trick question. What do you intend the pistol for what range will you be shooting? Most 1911's are basically the same animal just a different member of the family. Some are heavy some light some fast some slow some very accurate some super accurate and so on. Almost every person I know who owns a 1911 has done something to it. Even the high end like a Les Baer or even a Nighthawk. Tweeks make it fit YOU the shooter better. I have bulls eye 1911's that can fire 5 or 6 rounds then the slide lock due to heat expansion but that is what they are made to do. They can shoot one hole cloverleaf groups at 35 to 50 yards all day with a cooling rest between rounds of course. Then I have a custom job that shoots VERY tight ragged groups at those ranges but can fire mag after mag without issue. Hell I can shoot about a 12 inch group at 100 yards with it ( with practice it is not really that hard try it ). What is the best is a trick question. My best may very well be the worst possible choice for you. You buy what YOU like what FITS you and what YOU can use well.

Please sit back and enjoy the story of my 1st Kimber and how I had to have a 2nd

3 weeks ago I had 2 SIG 1911s. I was perfectly happy and loving them. A 2 tone Ultra compact 1911 that I carried daily and a SIG Nitron Carry 1911. Both were never fired.

I walked into a local gun shop just for fun 3 weeks ago. I only looked at the 1911s. Saw the Kimbers and loved them. Then the perfect storm starts to brew. I just happened to be carrying my Nitron Carry on me that day, Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry on sale for 1100, and I just happened to have some cash on me too.

Store owner was at counter. I said you up for a trade?

He says what you got? SIG Nitron Carry. What are you looking at? The Kimber on sale. Cash or credit he says. Cash. 300.00. I say done! walk out with my 1st Kimber and a smile that must have looked like the one I wore after my first time.

3 days ago at work my buddy has a Kimber Custom II that i had been eyeing. I joke and say trade my NIB SIG 2 tone for your Kimber. The next day the deal was done.

So in these last 3 weeks I went from no Kimbers to 2 Kimbers and I couldn't be happier!

I hated to say goodbye to my SIGs. But I believe I have reached the next level in a quality firearm

You are obviously ignorant of what a Kimber really is. You are just what the Kimber marketing department hopes for, someone that sees a dolled up 1911 and buys it on impulse without knowing what an overpriced POS they are. I hope they run for you, but odds are, you will have problems with both guns. But to save face, you will probably reply that they run "flawless".

G19Gen3 is behaving like an arse clown all over the forum today.

Drinking must have started early for him on the holiday.

You are obviously ignorant of what a Kimber really is. You are just what the Kimber marketing department hopes for, someone that sees a dolled up 1911 and buys it on impulse without knowing what an overpriced POS they are. I hope they run for you, but odds are, you will have problems with both guns. But to save face, you will probably reply that they run "flawless".

For once I agree with you, anyone that pays that kind of money for a gun made in YONKERS needs to have their head examined. Maybe you should buy a kimber solo, oh wait, I forgot, you can't.

sent via ipad using tapatalk

He says what you got? SIG Nitron Carry. What are you looking at? The Kimber on sale. Cash or credit he says. Cash. 300.00. I say done! walk out with my 1st Kimber and a smile that must have looked like the one I wore after my first time.

3 days ago at work my buddy has a Kimber Custom II that i had been eyeing. I joke and say trade my NIB SIG 2 tone for your Kimber. The next day the deal was done.

So in these last 3 weeks I went from no Kimbers to 2 Kimbers and I couldn't be happier!

I hated to say goodbye to my SIGs. But I believe I have reached the next level in a quality firearm

I bet the gun store owner had the exact same smile, but for a different reason. You definitely reached another level of something, that's for sure.

sent via ipad using tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back