Tell me about your Cell Pal Holster

kevin mosley

Cell Pal Holsters - Please share your real-world experiences with this product. I'm very interested.

-Thanks-

No experience with it - but, several years ago, a table at a gun show was demonstrating the 'pager pal' holster. The demonstrator was going to show folks gathered at the table how fast he could get a gun out - he gave it a quick tug, the gun (a training firearm mock 1911) popped completely out, skittered across the table, hit the floor and bounced off into the crowd. Several folks, including me, just roared. Demo guy was probably embarrassed to death.

Seriously though, the demos I have seen of the cell and pager pal holsters appear to require two hands to get the weapon into action. Could be a problem there...

Bought one of the Pager Pal's years ago. Couldn't get it to work and still be comfortable to carry a gun in at the same time. I tried everything from a Combat Commander to a Davis Derringer in it and it never worked as advertised.

I had the pager pal a few years back when Ohio first passed the concealed carry law. It was, without a doubt, the worst holster I have ever tried. It was so uncomfortable that I sent it back the next day.

Cell Pal info

Can those who posted replies relating to the Cell Pal holster share what they use to carry? I like the idea that it is tied to a device that no one even gives a second throught to, and that it lays on your thigh. I don't know how you can carry and still really be concealed and have access to your weapon using only one hand, but I am sure I am showing my ignorance there.

Neal

Can those who posted replies relating to the Cell Pal holster share what they use to carry? I like the idea that it is tied to a device that no one even gives a second throught to, and that it lays on your thigh. I don't know how you can carry and still really be concealed and have access to your weapon using only one hand, but I am sure I am showing my ignorance there.

Neal

Spend your money on a real holster. Which holster all depends on how you intend to carry. If you prefer IWB, then a Crossbreed Super Tuck would be a good choice. Galco, Milt Sparks, Matt Del Fatti Leather, etc. make excellent holsters. Be sure to have a quality gun belt to go along with your quality holster. I've seen "Wal-mart special" imitation leather belts come apart when used with a quality holster. You don't want your holster coming off of your belt when you need to draw your SD handgun! :eek:

A friend bought me a Pager Pal holster about 10 years ago. I've used it with a replica 1911 for "entertainment purposes". It was a real POS as a holster.

gf

Can those who posted replies relating to the Cell Pal holster share what they use to carry?

Probably deserves a new thread - but, I carry a SW 360PD in a leather crossdraw OWB made by DM Bullard. Easy to access to weapon in a vehicle and practically everywhere else from under a shirt or jacket. I also use a DeSantis Nemesis for right hand pocket carry (same weapon) when I won't be able to wear a cover shirt or jacket. I have a very comfortable right side Bullard OWB that I rarely use, and an El Paso right side OWB with thumb snap (really secure) for carry while in the woods or ATV riding. I also have a Bianchi speed strip and an El Paso Pick 2-6 box for spare ammo depending on how I am carrying. I used to carry a 1911 Officers, and a Glock 26, in similar rigs, but time, age, and arthritis have caught up with me and now I just prefer my light Smith revolver to be nearby 24/7.

I use two holsters with a third on order. First is a Comp-Tac MTAC for IWB, great holster, adjustable and very comfortable. For OWB I use a Raven Concealment Systems kydex holster. I have a Milt Sparks Versa Max II on order. Paying a little more for quality only hurts once.

I tried a Cell Pal at the gun show last month. He had a Glock model and since I carry Glock, I tried it out including sitting down and all. I thought it was quite comfortable and hid the gun well (I wear baggy jeans). But I never could get the hang of getting the thing up past my belt and out of my pants, even using both hands. That could probably be solved with practice.

I then learned it was one price for the part that goes into your pants then more money for the part that hangs on the belt for a cell phone or other device. The total was completely out of line for what it was ... a couple of pieces of leather sewn together. So I passed. Bought a CrossBreed SuperTuck for less money and never looked back.

Kholster full moon (for larger guns) or/and crescent moon (for smaller guns) is another IWB concealment holster that's a one-handed rig. It's also a great holster for the money, and the only CC holster I use anymore. Link Removed

I wouldn't ever use any rig that requires both hands to access my gun, as it's practically and strategically unsound, no matter how "cool" or trendy it's marketed.

i just bought one last week they seem well made it does take practice to get good at drawing your weapon i think great for summer months i tried over 30 guns both mine and some at a friends gun shop they all seemed to fit rather well hope this helps some

My Cell Pal Holster

I bought one back about the first of this year. I used it for my PT709 SS and it worked quite well, but it sets next to your skin, so it does get hot and sweaty, which isn't good for your firearm. So, mine is a seasonal holster because of how it is designed to be worn. :pleasantry:

I was also looking at this holster as a (special use) holster.
So from what I am reading, this would be an acceptable holster for when you can hide the grips under a shirt or jacket (summer sweat shorts etc) but for other times a good IWB would be best.

Cell Pal Holsters - Please share your real-world experiences with this product. I'm very interested.

-Thanks-

I bought one last year, tried it, tossed it in the closet. The thing is too darned hot to wear, and too darned hard to draw from unless your standing up. Tried the Super Tuck first, liked to have rubbed my hipbone raw each time I wore it, it's in the closet with the other Albatross. :pleasantry:

From what I have been researching, for a deep concealment holster, a Link Removedstandard holster is better & more comfortable.
It's also less expensive.
It has gotten a lot of great reviews. One thing I like about the latter is they say it can be worn while cycling.
If anyone has experience with this please share it for comparison.

take a look at smartcarry... but still requires 2 hands...
Smartcarry is a try it, if you don't like it... send it back... guaranteed unit can't say for sure about the cel pal.
I prefer a tuckable... Kholster, crossbreed both good kholster also try it/like it or return it... not sure about crossbreed.

I'm a tightwad.. I'm using an ace case tuckable.. that works pretty well.... for $10.00 + shipping from CTD.

I bought one a few years back. Worst holster I've owned. It never sat right, was uncomfortable in jeans and when I wore khakis it looked like I was trying to smuggle a banana in my pants.

take a look at smartcarry... but still requires 2 hands...
Smartcarry is a try it, if you don't like it... send it back... guaranteed unit can't say for sure about the cel pal.
I prefer a tuckable... Kholster, crossbreed both good kholster also try it/like it or return it... not sure about crossbreed.

I'm a tightwad.. I'm using an ace case tuckable.. that works pretty well.... for $10.00 + shipping from CTD.

I've also been reading up on the Smartcarry. They have a lot of great reviews and the 60 day return policy looks great!!

I bought one a few years back. Worst holster I've owned. It never sat right, was uncomfortable in jeans and when I wore khakis it looked like I was trying to smuggle a banana in my pants.

Thant seems to be the same story everywhere I look. I even sent emails to both SmartCarry & CellPal. Both replied but SmartCarry replied immediately with a detailed reply. CellPal answered my questions in a basic manner & it was 3 days after I sent the email.

I do have to say, that I tried the cel pal at the gun show.... with his dummy 1911... and the demonstrator said... you have to find the "sweet spot"... for it to hang correctly... I do like that you can draw from it one handed.... But.. the more I think about concelament, I'd rather have a tuckable that works with MY gun specifically... that I can adjust the cant on... that conceals well... and that I can prove with a trial period... that narrows it down to the Kholster for me... for front carry... the smart carry... If Celpal will allow a return for refund... I Might try it.

I do have to say, that I tried the cel pal at the gun show.... with his dummy 1911... and the demonstrator said... you have to find the "sweet spot"... for it to hang correctly... I do like that you can draw from it one handed.... But.. the more I think about concelament, I'd rather have a tuckable that works with MY gun specifically... that I can adjust the cant on... that conceals well... and that I can prove with a trial period... that narrows it down to the Kholster for me... for front carry... the smart carry... If Celpal will allow a return for refund... I Might try it.

When I emailed CellPal, the response I got was:

I don't see anything on your website for the guarantee/warranty can you send me some specifics?

***KM – We offer a 15 Day return policy. I have been wearing my Cell Pal everyday for over 4 years in Phoenix, AZ weather and it’s still going strong.

Will this holster work with sweats with drawstrings or is a belt required?

***KM- That depends on the size of gun you are using. I have customers who live in sweats and basketball shorts. They carry 380’s and .38’s without too much issue .

Now being leather I'm sure that this is also hot to wear. I think I will go with the SmartCarry for limited use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back