Taurus Brand

Capgun - the way these are flying off the shelves,i'd say they are well received and well liked. I'm no gunsmith, but I'll bet it's not too serious or difficult for the factory to correct.

Darrel - you really like their 1911? Which version do you have? I've been waffling on buying one for over a year - no collection is complete without a 1911, and Taurus claims they put lots and lots of features/hand fitting into theirs. I've heard of problems with the safety, slide being too stiff, but nothing major or devastating, and a number of folks say it shoots pretty straight - some claiim it will outshoot their Kimbers and Commanders. Is yours one of those "I LOVE this gun!" endorsements, or not quite so much? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

Daugherty16,
Last night I just bought the Taurus PT1911SS, .45ACP, 5" barrel and two 8 round magazines, their stainless steel model. I went out and put 50 rounds through it and not a single problem. It is my first 1911, my first .45 and the first time I shot a .45 and I loved it!!! The recoil is more of a push compared to a kick from my 9mm Springfield XD-9, I can really hold it relaxed and still have a good control of it, compared to my 9mm where I have to hang on to it to make sure it doesn’t jump too much, and I love my XD-9. So far I am really happy with it, if this continues, it would be great! I got mine brand new, payed $645+tax in town, another dealer has it for $699, not sure how that compares to the rest of the country, but I'm happy!

I have a PT145 PRO 45ACP with a 10 shot mag. and I really like it it shoots great the only hard thing is getting 10 rounds in that small of a mag. they furnish a loader which works well but its slow.It came with 2 mags and I bought 1 more so I have 31 shots before I need to reload so its all good. This is the 3rd Taurus I have owned and have had good performace out of all of them.

My baby

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184805

My only taurus at the moment is an older revolver, bought used, a little holster wear but bright bore and tight cylinder lockup, etc. in .357. Still thinking about the PT1911. Personally i prefer the PT92 function, with decocker safety. But nothing beats a 1911 for looks, style, and soft shooting. And as the saying goes, lots of rounds expand, but a .45 is always a .45.

Appreciate the feedback on the 1911 guys. You've helped me make the decision. This weekend, perhaps.

Last edited:
I bought a Taurus 1911 last week b/c I had had my eye on a .45 ACP 1911 model for a while; it shoots great, by the way. Oh, and it complements my PT140 Pro (Taurus Millenium Pro .40 cal compact) just fine.:biggrin:

i carry the millennium pro pt145 and absolutely love it sometimes i even forget its there!!

I have the PT 1911 and love it. Great shooting gun and not a problem in 3 years. My favorite .45.
When I took the CCW class many of the young guys kind of snickered at the 1911 until the qualifing
was complete. I had a slight grin then! :)

Tarusu Brand

I have the PT 1911 and love it. Great shooting gun and not a problem in 3 years. My favorite .45.
When I took the CCW class many of the young guys kind of snickered at the 1911 until the qualifing
was complete. I had a slight grin then! :sarcastic:

I have a PT-58 (.380) and their Beretta 9mm clone (can't remember the model number, too lazy to get up and go look, lol).

Both have been nice, though they're too heavy to carry for my tastes. No issues, and they get regular cleaning/maintenance as needed.

My brother has a .357 revolver, and it's been great for him.

A new Taurus revolver is also on my list, but I'll have to Judge when it's appropriate to make the purchase. :biggrin:

I have a high and low opinion of Taurus, They have gotten very good at making knock offs, there knock of the the m9 out performs the real one. there 24/7s arent bad either crap for a trigger but nicely made. the only item i will not buy of theres is there 1911, very badly put together, parts are not sized properly. the frame is way to light even for alluminum .I absoltly love the revolvers very very nice i like mine taurus 85 better than the S&W 85.

my hubby has two Taurus 38's, he sends the target down to the end of the range and get head and heart shot every time.

So if the pistol is anything like the 38, thatshould be a honey of a gun.

I've had a PT-99 since 1987. Super. Never a problem. Also have a PT111 Millenium in 9mm and a 85CH, both for CCW, and both perform without any problems. I use the PT-22 just for fun. This past month I got a 605 snub since the wife wants the 85CH. Hopefully I'll get to the range this weekend and try out the 605.

I have a Taurus Milinium Pro 9mm and it is my primary carry in the non-summer months. Just got back from the farm this weekend were I put 500 rounds through it. My son-in-law said he would not want to be a BG shooting from 25 yards at me. I think it is a great gun.:man_in_love:

I have owned a few Taurus firearms over the years. My first was a .38 revolver, blued with a 4' barrel. Excellent firearm! My second was a 92 "Beretta clone", also an outstanding firearm! The last Taurus I bought was a PT111 Millenium 9mm. I bought it for CCW. I did not like it at all. I had at least one FTF on every trip to the range. I sold it and bought another Glock. In hind site I guess I could have contacted Taurus and had them fix the problem. Oh well... Anyway, my opinion is;

Taurus Revolvers - I would buy one!

Taurus Semi-Auto's - Not so much...

There are a couple of exceptions to this rule; The PT92's or (Beretta clones) are excellent pistols. I can vouch from experience. Also, I have heard very positive things about their PT1911 (1911 clones) as well.

I have had my share with Taurus, and will never deal with them again. To make a long story very short, their customer reps LIED to me on three separate occasions, and never fixed my pistol which was brand new. As far as their revolver line, I hear about them going "out of time" frequently, actually. I have nothing good to say about them from my own and reading other's experiences. I did recently get to shoot a friend's Judge and PT1911 and also was not impressed. The 1911 is a little "clunky" looking / feeling to me, they made some parts like the safety and such too thick. The finish is horrible on both guns also, and no, the PT1911 did not shoot "just as good as a Kimber"... It shot on par with every Taurus I have ever shot (quite a few), which was combat accurate. No better, no worse. For a 1911 with "all the bells and whistles" it needs to make more than 3" groups at 15 yards!!

If you want a cheap gun to defend yourself with, there are plenty of other avenues to explore which do NOT have the spotty reputation that Taurus has! Taurus products are hit or miss at best, why take that chance??

I have had a few Taurus revolvers, only have one now....but they have worked just fine. I carry my 85UL quite a lot. The only thing I had to do was change the stocks on it....the factory stocks would not allow for speedloader fit...I put on some Hogue Monogrips, and all was well.

so far im 2 for 2 with taurus.
I bought a model 85, great gun, i also bout a pt 140 pro, very reliable. now for the crappy ones. a model 651 .357 revolver, and a 44 magnum tracker. They had the same issue, they would lock up when i was firing them then i was left with a hi tech club.

Taurus

I noticed that Taurus is comming out with the new slim line later this year. My question is what do you think of the Taurus brand? I know that the prices are not as high as some of the other brands on some products but over all what do you think of Taurus? Does,{ You get what you pay for apply to this brand?}

I have a Taurus Mil Pro 9MM and love it. I have had no problems with it and find it to be a great gun for the price. It is my primary gun for not summer carry. My son-in-law and I were trying to buy the new slim line gun but have not found anyone that can keep them in stock long enough to get there to buy it. Hope you find one in stock. Good Luck

I have a PT99 that I bought back in the mid 80's and it has gone camping trip to camping trip over the years. Although I am ashamed to admit it, it wasnt even cleaned for years and same ammo in mag. I took to to the range, dirty,old ammo and it shot like I just took it out of the box 20+ years ago. So I bought new mags,ammo and gave it a good cleaning and now it looks like new again. I was also looking into the 1911 model. Wife carries a ultralite M85 and that a nice piece also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back