Target has been "targeted" by liberal anti-gun group

bowserb

The extreme liberal, extreme anti-gun group, Moms Demand, are now hitting on Target to ban guns. That would be a shame. Target is just about my favorite retail store. 5% discount for using a Target card. 1% donated to the school of your choice. If they ban guns, Target will be too dangerous. Here is Tom Gresham's petition to Target to not cave:
https://www.change.org/petitions/joh...ful-gun-owners

Letter to protestors of every kind, shape and size regardless of topic... GET THE F--- OFF TARGET PROPERTY, AND DON'T RETURN. YOU'RE AFFECTING MY PROFITS.

Letter to protestors of every kind, shape and size regardless of topic... GET THE F--- OFF TARGET PROPERTY, AND DON'T RETURN. YOU'RE AFFECTING MY PROFITS.

That's crap. One open carry "event" that included five or six people doing nothing but shopping was photographed back in January. The pictures were lifted from OCT's own website, just like the Chipotle pictures, sometime in March by the Mommies, and a national propaganda campaign was launched around them that you are falling for hook, line and sinker.

Target's stock prices have been steadily falling since August or September of last year. It has absolutely nothing to do with OCT. If anything, the NY Mommies are driving your profits down by scaring people with manufactured stories of "gun extremists" running rampant through their Texas stores, when the truth is that they stopped of their own volition after only one trip to Target because in TX, it's against the law to carry anywhere that alcohol is sold.

Just another run of the mill anti-OC post using lies and myths to smear good people trying to win back some of the rights that TX has been allowed to steal from them. It's despicable that it's so common and predictable on this gun rights forum.

Blues

Tx is the last state I'd thought had messed up gun laws.
I sure glad I spend the majority of all my time in gun friendly states. Oh-ky- fla. OC, CC it's all good and there's no problems.
I'm going to look at a Ohio code for the no gun signs that seem to be popping up more & more though. The state approved sign says no guns "unless authorized by law". Does that mean just people without cc licence and criminals aren't allowed?
Link Removed
Link Removed

Last edited:
These open carry demonstrations provide photo ops for the anti-gun people who want "proof" that gun owners are just a bunch of river bottom preppers who are a threat to civilized people everywhere. These kinds of activities are so beneficial to the Bloomberg people that they could have been staged by Bloomberg himself! It is really distressing that the OC advocates can't see that themselves. You get laws changed through the legislature. You don't get favorable changes by scaring customers at Starbucks, Chipotle, Home Depot, and Target. You can be sure that every one of those demonstrations resulted in a couple of emails or letters to someone's state representative asking for laws against guns carried in public.

OCT needs to change its name to OCD, which seems to better fit their limited good sense and self control. They're carrying long guns in public, because they can, and ostensibly to promote legal open carry of handguns. What we're going to get out of this foolishness is a ban on open carry of any firearms of any kind. What will the OCT groups do then...carry swords to Starbucks?

NRA, TSRA, Tom Gresham (Gun Talk Radio, Guns & Gear TV), Alan Gottlieb (2nd Amendment Foundation), Massad Ayoob, Mark Walters (Armed American Radio), Anthony Colandro (Gun for Hire Radio). They all consider the actions of open carry demonstrators to be detrimental to the image of gun owners and a tool for those who are working hard to take away our 2nd Amendment rights.

These open carry demonstrations provide photo ops for the anti-gun people who want "proof" that gun owners are just a bunch of river bottom preppers who are a threat to civilized people everywhere. <...snip...>

Revised List of Honorary Mommies:

1) Mommie alternety
2) Mommie nosreme
3) Mommie jdcTX
4) Mommie Warbirds
5) Mommie bootsdeal
6) Mommie Olinb
7) Mommie Rocketgeezer
8) Mommie bowserb

These are folks who have taken the side of the Moms Demand Action propaganda campaign concerning the OC demonstrations that have been going on in Texas without incident for around a year before the Moms inserted themselves and manufactured a controversy where none existed before.

The Mommies appreciate your support. The rest of us decidedly, don't.

Blues

Revised List of Honorary Mommies:

1) Mommie alternety
2) Mommie nosreme
3) Mommie jdcTX
4) Mommie Warbirds
5) Mommie bootsdeal
6) Mommie Olinb
7) Mommie Rocketgeezer
8) Mommie bowserb

These are folks who have taken the side of the Moms Demand Action propaganda campaign concerning the OC demonstrations that have been going on in Texas without incident for around a year before the Moms inserted themselves and manufactured a controversy where none existed before.

The Mommies appreciate your support. The rest of us decidedly, don't.

Blues

1.) Mommie alternety
2.) Mommie nosreme
3.) Mommie jdcTX
4.) Mommie Warbirds
5.) Mommie bootsdeal
6.) Mommie Olinb
7.) Mommie Rocketgeezer
8.) Mommie rehalfacre
9.) Mommie bowserb

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Am I the only one experiencing problems with the OP's link?

It says, "Well this is embarrassing…
We couldn't find the page you were looking for."

Am I the only one experiencing problems with the OP's link?

It says, "Well this is embarrassing…
We couldn't find the page you were looking for."

i got the same message. So it is not just you!

It was there when bowserb first posted this thread. Maybe they got all the signatures they wanted, or maybe they actually realized that OCT wasn't umm....targeting Target Stores at all. Five or six demonstrators went shopping there back in January, some pics were taken, posted on OCT's FB page, downloaded and used by Moms Demand Action in their nationwide propaganda campaign that the list of posters that Firefighterchen and I posted the names of above all have indistinguishable positions on from MDA's position about OC'ing long guns. Maybe, just maybe, the petition was taken down because whoever made it in the first place realized it was based on lies, something that 8 or 9 posters on this gun rights website have, so far, failed to put together in their own minds.

If you want to know what the petition actually said, reword bowserb's last post to read from not just an anti-OC perspective, but from a full-on anti-gun, anti-2nd-Amendment perspective. I contend that when it gets right down to it, there's no difference except for in the wording, and the Mommies are actually more polite than the so-called 2A proponents.

Blues

This I from the MDA site;

"Gun extremists armed with semiautomatic rifles have walked into Target locations around the country, weapons out and loaded, making sure customers saw their guns.

It’s often legal to do this, because many states have weak laws that allow people to openly carry around loaded weapons without any permits, training, or background checks. That means it’s up to companies themselves to protect their customers when the law won’t. Yet according to the Wall Street Journal, Target doesn’t have any policies to stop people from carrying weapons in its stores:

Target, which boasts on its website that between 80% and 90% of its customers are women, has no restrictions on customers carrying guns in its stores.
Chipotle, Starbucks, Chili’s, Sonic Drive-In, and Jack in the Box have already responded to petitions from moms and other gun sense supporters asking the stores not to allow guns. Now it’s up to Target to protect families who shop in its stores.

Sign the petition on the right to automatically send a message to Target’s CEO asking him to create gun sense policies to protect customers in its stores".

The amount of lies and untruth that is written in their statement is mind boggling!

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

Last edited:
It's hard to be surprised at the lies, vilification, and breast beating drama of the anti-gun anti-2A crowd, they are as predictable as the sunrise and sunset. You can pretty much set your watch by their timing and predictability. I am somewhat baffled by the Texas law that excludes open carry of handguns, and the methods of effecting change chosen by OC proponents (whom I support fully). That they have every right to carry long guns in public as they wish is without question, what remains is the core issue of how to get the law changed or modified to include handguns in the OC equation.

From a young age my father taught me the wisdom and importance of choosing the right tool for the right job. Many of us on this forum have had a long gun either in hand or at hand 24/7 in a combat zone and realized the benefit for ourselves and our brothers in arms, yet, in my opinion a long gun remains a distant second best self defense weapon for carrying out the normal activities of daily living as we experience in normal American life as we live it today. The best tool for self defense in this case is a well maintained handgun carried in either OC or CC by a responsible American gun owner who trains frequently and values personal responsibility and accountability and refuses to be cowed by thugs, criminals, and crazies. This individual, be they male or female, is formidable indeed. All the more reason the quirk in Texas law that excludes handguns from OC baffles me, and perhaps a native Texan can enlighten me on the history and reasoning.

What remains is how to affect a change in the law by Texans and for Texans. In my eyes there are two venues available to the Texas OC advocates. One is to go directly to those who could enact a rightful change in the law, that being the Texas legislature and the governor. This would entail putting together a clear and concise factual, logical, and evidenced based argument to be placed before every legislator by well spoken OC advocates in every district urging a change in the law and assuring them that if they they cannot or will not get this done we will support an opponent at election that will. This argument should be made before the governor as well. Politicians fear nothing more than the possibility on not getting reelected. This may well have been done by OC handgun advocates but I've not read or heard of it.

The other venue is in the court of public opinion as amplified by the media. This court has 3 groups, with the first and obvious group being those like minded individuals who support your cause, and for obvious reasons not necessary to address. The second group is those who vehemently oppose your cause, and equally obvious we will never change their mind or stance. The last and by far largest group is John and Jane American public going about the challenging task of everyday life, working or seeking work, trying to earn enough to pay rent or mortgage, car payment, other bills, food, raise children, serve community and church, and after all that carve out enough time and money for vacation and fun. Your goal is to convince these folks via your demonstration (more on that later) that they need to pause from their hectic day and life, listen to your cause and supposably carve time out of their lives do something in support your cause. Bear in mind that since the sixties and the Vietnam war demonstrations have been part and parcel of the American psyche and culture. Someone is always marching, carrying signs, occupying, or simply being in the public eye for one cause or another however valid or petty they may be. Many if not most Americans observe some demonstrative act in person or the news and the next question out of their mouths is likely "what are we going to do for dinner", and rightfully so.

The act of carrying long guns into places of public commerce even, and especially in a gun friendly state like Texas will give pause to the public if for no other reason that people recognize it's a poor choice for strictly self defensive purpose (see above) whereas such carry of a handgun would likely not raise an eyebrow. I fail to see how carrying a long gun around in public will somehow cause the public to make the intuitive leap that I'm carrying this long gun openly because I can't carry a handgun openly without an in depth one on one conversation, and I've not seen any reports that such conversations between carriers and the general public took place. One must be very aware of the power of the photograph in modern media. Who of us older ones don't remember the pathetic photo of presidential candidate Michael Dukakis (sp?) driving an army tank with a helmet looking like a ridiculous "Rocky the Flying Squirrel". The same can be said of those young men in the Chipotle photo however honorable and well intended they were, it could have easily been captioned "Bevis and Butthead walk their rifles to get a burrito", and I'm surprised the left missed the opportunity. They are masters of media manipulation and misinformation, why pass the ammo so to speak.

In conclusion, I support carry in both forms, OC and CC based on every individuals right to preference. I fully support the Texas advocates right to carry long guns as they will, and hopefully handguns in the near future. I do question the efficacy in what I see as their supposed strategy to effect real change to Texas gun law via the court of public opinion via public demonstration for all the reasons I stated above. I believe interaction with the legislators and the governor would be more effective.

Last edited:
...I'm going to look at a Ohio code for the no gun signs that seem to be popping up more & more though. The state approved sign says no guns "unless authorized by law". Does that mean just people without cc licence and criminals aren't allowed?
There is no state approved sign in Ohio. The sign in the Attorney General's handbook is just for illustrative purposes. The statute only says a sign has to be in a conspicuous location, and that it can be used to prohibit the carrying of firearms or concealed firearms on that property. There are no other requirements. It doesn't need to have the gun picture with the slash through it. It doesn't need to have any picture at all. It applies to everyone, CCW license or not, but obviously only the law abiding are going to obey it. You can download my Ohio CCW guide using the link in my signature for this and more info on Ohio CCW law.

It was there when bowserb first posted this thread. Maybe they got all the signatures they wanted, or maybe they actually realized that OCT wasn't umm....targeting Target Stores at all. Five or six demonstrators went shopping there back in January, some pics were taken, posted on OCT's FB page, downloaded and used by Moms Demand Action in their nationwide propaganda campaign that the list of posters that Firefighterchen and I posted the names of above all have indistinguishable positions on from MDA's position about OC'ing long guns. Maybe, just maybe, the petition was taken down because whoever made it in the first place realized it was based on lies, something that 8 or 9 posters on this gun rights website have, so far, failed to put together in their own minds.

If you want to know what the petition actually said, reword bowserb's last post to read from not just an anti-OC perspective, but from a full-on anti-gun, anti-2nd-Amendment perspective. I contend that when it gets right down to it, there's no difference except for in the wording, and the Mommies are actually more polite than the so-called 2A proponents.

Blues
TARGET: Welcome lawful gun owners

That's interesting, but how is it in "reply" to anything I said?
_shrug__or__dunno__by_crula.gif

I'm not even supposed to sign that petition since it's asking for just trained and licensed gun owners...I'm a free gun owner...they don't want my kind.

That's interesting, but how is it in "reply" to anything I said?
_shrug__or__dunno__by_crula.gif
You just had the last post in the 'link doesn't work' series of comments and I was providing the good link.
Or maybe it's just cuz I luv ya man. Can I have that Bud Light now?

You just had the last post in the 'link doesn't work' series of comments and I was providing the good link.
Or maybe it's just cuz I luv ya man. Can I have that Bud Light now?

Ahhh....See, with bowserb's posting history about OC of long guns, it never occurred to me that his OP was linking to the Gresham petition. I honestly thought he was linking to the Mommies' petition. Upon further review though, I see he did link to Gresham's, which makes it even harder to understand his last post since Gresham's petition says nothing critical of OC'ers in Target or anywhere else.

Anyway, that's why I asked, and that might explain my obvious misunderstanding expressed about the link in the OP in my previous post.

Oh, and yeah sure, but since I don't drink, here ya go......

il_340x270389236559_4q40.jpg

cheesy.gif

I don't really drink either, except maybe on rare special occasions like vacations to Hawaii. I think I had two beers last year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back