Tannerite Exploding Targets

BigSlick

Anybody tried these exploding targets? I picked up a half pound container the other day and going to try it out in a few days when the weather clears up. Just wondering what kind of a boom it is going to make. I found a dealer that sells 6 one pound jars for 30.00 bucks. Seems like a good price. The instructions say to use a round of at least 2,000 fps but the dealer says a .22 magnum will work just fine.

My experience with tannerite is if you want a more impressive explosion put the charge above ground level on some kind of stand or pedestal. You will get more bang for you buck.

They are really fun. I have a few videos. The problem with them is I keep giggling like a little girl during them. I will say, keep dry grass away from the target; we started a small fire.

We used my 30.06 and a .338. Worked great.

I guess this falls into the category of "to each his own". All the more power to you if you can spend money on this.

I have seen a lot of things on the range that may cause you to pause and look for a moment..... But the first and only time I have seen tannerite at the range it was as effective as calling a cease fire. Someone at the next bay hit a 1lb container and all 30 benches where I was at went silent and there was a group WTF that passed through everyones mind. It was cool.

Shot it yesterday with my AR while my son tried to shoot a video. It was pretty neat. I only had a half pound but it was LOUDER than I thought it would be. Can't wait to try the 1 pound cans.

Tannerite is great stuff, Gandermountain has it in stores atleast locally to me. A friend and I loaded 1.5lb into a .50 ammo can that was too rusty to use and shot it with my SKS. We didn't find the ammo can and some people out riding quads in the area came flying to our location to see who's house blew up thinking someone had a gas leak.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back