talk about safe purchase. suggestions

Keykutter:240979 said:
Here is a safe you could get for $589 plus shipping. There are also other's there you can look at a bit bigger.

Link Removed

I have sold several of these and am about to buy a bigger one for myself, which has the higher fire rating.

I don't know where you are but these could be dropped shipped to you. To get an idea of the shipping you could call and ask the company. They will ask for your zip and give you an answer.

As you can see, these safes list at a lot higher price. I personally think most real safes are better than the Stack-on but to be fair, I don't think any locksmith would consider a safemaker wannabe as making a real safe. They seem to us to be just a 'fire resistant security container' not to be used for anything but basic fire protection and casual security.

It's sort of like, you don't buy a John Deere Gator if you're in the market for a 4WD Pickup.

I personally wouldn't buy anything with less than a 1 hour fire rating but if your house was built with straw, that might work for you:):)

In the end, you know only YOU can make this decision. Just have all the facts available before you buy and don't ask someone else to help you make a bad decison.

You are free to contact me if you would like or I may be able to put you in touch with another Security Professional in your area.

KK

How does that safe compare with the Bighorn 19ecb offered by Costco? That one is 569 shipping included if you are a member.

How does that safe compare with the Bighorn 19ecb offered by Costco? That one is 569 shipping included if you are a member.

Looks like a very close match. And the fact that shipping is included makes it a no brainer. I would say go for it unless you want something with a longer fire rating time which would mean bigger and more expensive.

KK

Just a thought. My daughter and son-in-law just bought a 10 gun Liberty safe from Lowes. Lowes doesn't normally keep these in stock here, but the do this time of the year (hunting season/christmas). They seem very pleased with the purchase competitive with ****'s prices (maybe cheaper) - plus Liberty has a good reputation/warranty. Check them out, but as others have said, get one bigger than you think you will need.

Danny

Looks like a very close match. And the fact that shipping is included makes it a no brainer. I would say go for it unless you want something with a longer fire rating time which would mean bigger and more expensive.

KK
So what do you think of the Winchester Silverado 37 safes? Other than they're expensive. :wink:

For what it's worth, dont ever settle for the $500 cabinet because the $2000 safe seems like a waste of money. I learned the hard way. I lost $20k by saving $1k when i bought my first safe. Compare security before price.

Im currently in the market for a good safe. All my long guns are in my fathers POS tin can walmart "Gun safe" which any criminal could get into just by drilling the lock.

Im looking at the Heritage Tradition series. Model TX3666. My wifes stepfather has a Heritage safe and i really liked the build of it.

Does anyone here have any experience with Heritage Safes?
Link Removed

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have worked on them and the bolt works are inferior, in my opinion. They seem to be put together by a high school student in metal shop class.

I wouldn't sell one or buy one.

I do like the Liberty safes though. They are made well.

KK

If you really want to have best safe , I strongly recommend Link Removed . This seems to be the ideal gun safe for responsible and prepared parents.

We like the biometric only option to open the safe. Curious two-year-olds can find keys, both mechanical and the RFID kind, and gain access to guns. By requiring a fingerprint we are assured that they will not be able to open it even if they find the key.

We were concerned about the reader's speed and reliability using the fingerprint reader. We swipe our fingerprints to access our laptop and phones. This can be infuriating and would be unacceptable during an emergency should we need to access to guns while under stress.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back