Taking off jacket and exposing CCW...

Page one, I posted a link to the ACTUAL law, just go back on click on it...your research is done....lol

You do under stand simple English-right? So you do understand when I said I wasn't completely wrong- right?

So let's see here....as an extremely active instructor I worked with over 1000 students last year. I work at a very busy training facility in the state and teach on the side as well. When students leave my classes they have my cell and e mail if they need any further help. I'm consistently rated very well in student surveys. I'm also involved in two local non-profits. I've assisted people in bringing lawsuits against the state to obtain or get their gun rights back. I constantly recruit for those organizations as well as the NRA and my gun club. Oh....but some keyboard comando on a personal quest to fight for freedom has done sooooo much more. What a joke.....

I retract my previous statement that stated you weren't completely wrong (which btw you seemed to completely miss), because your orginal statment was completely wrong. How is one person dying because of a window break the same as everyone dying?

Let's see here...someone who is serving in the military to attempt to preserve the rights of HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS and spends his free time correcting instructors who can't seem to post the truth, also informing the thousands of people who visit this site on correct laws, is not doing as good of a job as an instructor who wont admit he is wrong, and admits to not correcting other instructors that are wrong? We all know you are an instructor...we also see all those students who come here and say "well my instructor told us (insert lie)."

Calling someone names doensn't make that person wrong. It's amusing seeing how hard it is for you to admit your wrong, and even better seeing how hard it is for you to admit he's right.

I wish the people who run this site will scan it once in a while and warn then remove the trolls.
People who do not make idea exchange just insult and abuse others. They make trouble and get people mad and noone stops them. This site is where we are able to talk to others about carrying weapons but AXXHOLXS just attack everyone with no intent to exchange ideas just being a troll. After a while and you get attacked a few time you blast back and later you see you were attacking people too. In self defence. I wish the website would start asking people to control the abuse and make some respect and proper behavior the normal conduct here. I see a post about taking a jacket off and exposing your weapon and here comes the insults. Or somebody wants to call some body names or beat up leos, bad mouth this guy or that guy. And if you were face to face and carrying gun with the the level of anger that this gets to, gun fire would happen.
Navie trys to and is most of the time helpful with his info cause he checks his facts and I like that he looked it up or tryed, sometimes people disagree with his results ( there are different places that have different results depending on where you look.) But he is honest in his words his source might be questionable by the sorce your looking at but he still might be right. or you could be. so fair exchange of ideas, respect. Now I live in wisconsin, open carry is lawful and I have a ccw I carry a gun concealed, it gets hot I take my jacket off and it,s open carry. Open closed, open close. but what is your state saying about that in their laws! look it up? Navie and rich I am sorry you had a bad exchange.
I was snow in here we got tons of snow, How about the bears! The packers the blond down the street.
Pizza and beer on me. anything just lets cool down and navie Thanks for the info and please keep doing It saves me time and any other who has info please share it if you disagree tell me why and whats your source?
we can get down, right down to facts but a different idea is not a attack it a exchange till you insult someone then you can get your head blown off! there are some many people here who insult and not give a reasonable idea just a insult not a exchange of ideas just trolling BS. I get so mad cause you do that in my face we going be unhappy that day. with so many here we need to put out ideas and not BS storys about what happen to a person as a model of a the law or an ideas is ok but to make the story and not the idea the main point is not what we are here for. tell the storys at the bars over some blond boobs and some beer I might pretend to listen while watching the blond. And you troll need to die. If your here just to cause trouble this site needs to slam you. Now saying that if I and I might have, insulted you and we have words I am sorry we all can get mad but let us try to berespectful, i will try to do so here on out.
it takes a while but after a while I see getting in fights here just make me feel bad. I don't win anything trying to get some asxhole to die.who pixxes me off. so I will not ingage that shix anymore just blast the website for not taking care of people who come her. to their home where we are guests.
Oh God please do not let me fucx up in two days and wash my words down the drain. For a better forum and more friends trolls go away. and lets us be better today than we were yesterday and better still tommorro.
Now where is that BLOND!

When I go somewhere carrying, what to do when I have to take off my coat. IWB is impractical for me. Can we wear sidearm openly inside a business, say, a medical clinic, assuming there's no sign banning handguns totally on their door.

First question would be why is CC impractical? Unless you have a physical handicap, you may just need a better / more comfortable holster.

WI is obviously a concealed carry only.

No it's not. The only place you can't OC is in your car.

I wear a vest. When I want to take my coat off my pistol is still covered. This comes in handy when I go into a restaurant or other business. I wear a CBST so when I want to take extra precautions I tuck my shirt over the weapon. I normally prefer to tuck my shirt behind the holster so as to have a faster draw. Every Dr. office I have ever been in has a bathroom. If I expect to have a physical inspection I go into the bathroom and put my pistol into a coat pocket.

If you wish to open carry in a place where you do business just be willing to pay the price. Some people will not care to do business with someone that they know carries a gun. Now, if I find out you carried a gun into my home or business you have a problem. I will talk your ear off. I hope you have plenty of time. :)

Where ever you carry make sure it is legal. This is best accomplished by reading the applicable laws of your State. Read them before and after your CC class. Then read them at least once a year. This is mostly to refresh your memory but you might also catch any changes.

I wear a vest. When I want to take my coat off my pistol is still covered. This comes in handy when I go into a restaurant or other business. I wear a CBST so when I want to take extra precautions I tuck my shirt over the weapon. I normally prefer to tuck my shirt behind the holster so as to have a faster draw. Every Dr. office I have ever been in has a bathroom. If I expect to have a physical inspection I go into the bathroom and put my pistol into a coat pocket.

If you wish to open carry in a place where you do business just be willing to pay the price. Some people will not care to do business with someone that they know carries a gun. Now, if I find out you carried a gun into my home or business you have a problem. I will talk your ear off. I hope you have plenty of time. :)

Where ever you carry make sure it is legal. This is best accomplished by reading the applicable laws of your State. Read them before and after your CC class. Then read them at least once a year. This is mostly to refresh your memory but you might also catch any changes.

Vest has always worked well for me, too.

I've had my firearm exposed before by accident. Sometimes at if we're out shopping and I have to grab something off the top shelf. I wouldn't worry about it. Just cover back up quickly and noone should be the wiser. Not a huge deal.

Once again, that depends on your local laws/ordinances. If you carry on the right side, for example, look into becoming ambidextrous. Use your left hand to reach high places. Some places will arrest you for 'brandishing'.
Some locales prohibit carry in churches, medical facilities of any kind (including dentist/orthodontic offices), malls, and a host of other places. Some locales don't care.
In terms of dress, look into getting a Crossbreed holster or a Kholster (or similar) and you won't have that problem. Also, I often wear a sport coat with a nicer t-shirt, or a polar fleece (in winter) to cover up. Make sure it is something long length.

If you came into my house armed, you will become family. Some people aren't that friendly towards us. I have a former friend who, when he learned I was a CCW permitee, no longer talks to me. I couldn't care less, but in some relationships, you need these people on your side. Doctor is one of those.
Also, don't even THINK about carrying on ANY Federal property- meaning court houses, Post Office, military base, etc. I forgot what the statute is, but anyone can look that up easily. Check this out:
Concealed-carry in a post office may lead to rude awakening
and this one
Firearm in Vehicle in Federal Parking Lot
On a local level, consider buying a law book for your home library (if legal in your state). Otherwise, copy the laws onto your computer AND a flash drive on your keychain...
I hope this helps someone...

If you came into my house armed, you will become family. Some people aren't that friendly towards us. I have a former friend who, when he learned I was a CCW permitee, no longer talks to me. I couldn't care less, but in some relationships, you need these people on your side. Doctor is one of those.
Also, don't even THINK about carrying on ANY Federal property- meaning court houses, Post Office, military base, etc. I forgot what the statute is, but anyone can look that up easily. Check this out:
Concealed-carry in a post office may lead to rude awakening
and this one
Firearm in Vehicle in Federal Parking Lot
On a local level, consider buying a law book for your home library (if legal in your state). Otherwise, copy the laws onto your computer AND a flash drive on your keychain...
I hope this helps someone...

Good Advice! I hope this encourages others to do their due diligence!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back