Taking off jacket and exposing CCW...

Really? Seriously...

Pardon me. I was repeating what I was told by the instructor. I had no reason to doubt him. I will look into this and see what I can find out. I thought it was odd about accidently brandishing being against the law when Wi is open carry also. I asked him about it and the above is the answer I got. I new to all this and am trying to learn.

Well, you learned your first lesson....

The three biggest sources of misinformation regarding firearms laws continue to be CCW Instructors, gun shop employees, and LEOs (law enforcement officers).

Bet you have heard this before. "Concealed means concealed!"
Try Crossbreed Holsters, the make just what you need, It's called the SUPER TUCK. Nope, don't work for them or own the co. Not even any stock.

The three biggest sources of misinformation regarding firearms laws continue to be CCW Instructors, gun shop employees, and LEOs (law enforcement officers).

You'd think these would be the ones to ask. Especially the instructor,since that's one of the reasons most people take the class (besides gun safety). Should almost have lawyers giving the class along with the firearms instructor.

G'night everyone!

I actually think it's know it all arrogant self important blowhards who you'll find in online forums.

Rich s must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed...geesh...

I find it funny as aggressive as you are towards navy, you cant prove him wrong when it comes to the threads about the law. Opinions will always be different, but he is pretty good when it comes to finding and understanding the laws.

Also when you are wrong, you have a hard time saying so..ie airplane window everyone dies, not once did you say you were wrong. Have a cup of coffee and cheer up buddy.

WI allows for open carry. They didn't take it away when they created the concealed carry permit.

Many states outside of NY allow open carry.

I don't see hospitals being restricted locations in WI.
Not a NY issue. In NY he could carry into the hospital... or bar or restuarant or church or bank...

Problem is then even BGs know who's carrying.

Why is that a problem? Research and history has shown that in the known presence of firearms, the majority of BGs will pass on the armed target and seek out a seemingly easier target that is not known to be armed.

I find it funny as aggressive as you are towards navy, you cant prove him wrong when it comes to the threads about the law. Opinions will always be different, but he is pretty good when it comes to finding and understanding the laws.

Also when you are wrong, you have a hard time saying so..ie airplane window everyone dies, not once did you say you were wrong. Have a cup of coffee and cheer up buddy.

Will you not concede that the guy is an arrogant chest puffer who spends incredible amounts of time looking up laws in other states just so he can say see....I do know it all?

I was not completely wrong in that thread. Someone posted an article saying someone died when a window failed on a plane.

It would be much more productive if you simply posted a statute rather than continuing to whine.

Whining? Calling you out for exactly what you are is whining now? Post a statute for what? To show some guy in a state (WI) that I have no intentions of visiting and know nothing about is incorrect? Why bother?

Whining? Calling you out for exactly what you are is whining now? Post a statute for what? To show some guy in a state (WI) that I have no intentions of visiting and know nothing about is incorrect? Why bother?

Because by not bothering is exactly how we lose our rights one little bit at a time. We keep saying things like it's illegal to carry in a hospital, when it's not, and when the legislature actually passes a law that does make it illegal to carry in a hospital, nobody notices or cares, because they thought that was the law already.

Why should someone be prevented from engaging in a perfectly legal behavior, especial when it comes to self-protection, because they were erroneously told by a CCW instructor or a LEO or a gun shop employee that it was illegal, or they would be arrested for it?

Why should a person on the street feel like they have to kiss a police officer's a$$ because that police officer is hassling them for something that is perfectly legal...and that person has no idea that it is the police officer who is committing the criminal act in illegally detaining them?

THAT is why I bother with it. It's called doing the work required to preserve freedom one little nit at a time.

Ill reply to the original question posted. I use an ankle holster if i can plan ahead for a particular situation. I carry it in the truck just in case. I also have a holster with a wallet shape. Ill slip it in the front pocket or back pocket if i dont plan to sit much.

To the OP: You need to check the laws in regards to open carry in your state. You did not mention your location.

Rich_S:262913 said:

Will you not concede that the guy is an arrogant chest puffer who spends incredible amounts of time looking up laws in other states just so he can say see....I do know it all?

I was not completely wrong in that thread. Someone posted an article saying someone died when a window failed on a plane.

I like how he spends time learning and educated people who asked questions, or correcting people who have said something wrong (another thing you have admitted to not doing). I haven't seen him post, "I do know it all," ever. Why do you lie? Do you think it makes your points any stronger?

Your statement, "If you blow out a window it's good bye for everyone on board. You do understand that- right?" was wrong. I can't say, "If you blow out a tire, everyone in the car will die. You do understand that- right?" And then post an article about 1 person dying in a vehicle accident as proof and ignore all the other information about flat tires...or decompression emergencies. I would be in the wrong. You are right, you weren't completely wrong, but you were wrong none the less.

So what if Navy spends more time than you looking up laws, is that a bad thing? Sounds more like he is willing to learn and make more of himself and help his fellow firearms owner, can you say the same?

Because by not bothering is exactly how we lose our rights one little bit at a time. We keep saying things like it's illegal to carry in a hospital, when it's not, and when the legislature actually passes a law that does make it illegal to carry in a hospital, nobody notices or cares, because they thought that was the law already.

Why should someone be prevented from engaging in a perfectly legal behavior, especial when it comes to self-protection, because they were erroneously told by a CCW instructor or a LEO or a gun shop employee that it was illegal, or they would be arrested for it?

Why should a person on the street feel like they have to kiss a police officer's a$$ because that police officer is hassling them for something that is perfectly legal...and that person has no idea that it is the police officer who is committing the criminal act in illegally detaining them?

THAT is why I bother with it. It's called doing the work required to preserve freedom one little nit at a time.

ROFLMMFAO- a true keyboard commando fighting for freedom. You're even more self important than I actually thought.

I like how he spends time learning and educated people who asked questions, or correcting people who have said something wrong (another thing you have admitted to not doing). I haven't seen him post, "I do know it all," ever. Why do you lie? Do you think it makes your points any stronger?

Your statement, "If you blow out a window it's good bye for everyone on board. You do understand that- right?" was wrong. I can't say, "If you blow out a tire, everyone in the car will die. You do understand that- right?" And then post an article about 1 person dying in a vehicle accident as proof and ignore all the other information about flat tires...or decompression emergencies. I would be in the wrong. You are right, you weren't completely wrong, but you were wrong none the less.

So what if Navy spends more time than you looking up laws, is that a bad thing? Sounds more like he is willing to learn and make more of himself and help his fellow firearms owner, can you say the same?

You do under stand simple English-right? So you do understand when I said I wasn't completely wrong- right?

So let's see here....as an extremely active instructor I worked with over 1000 students last year. I work at a very busy training facility in the state and teach on the side as well. When students leave my classes they have my cell and e mail if they need any further help. I'm consistently rated very well in student surveys. I'm also involved in two local non-profits. I've assisted people in bringing lawsuits against the state to obtain or get their gun rights back. I constantly recruit for those organizations as well as the NRA and my gun club. Oh....but some keyboard comando on a personal quest to fight for freedom has done sooooo much more. What a joke.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back