Take a Deep Breath

JJFlash

Everybody needs to take a deep breath.

It occurs to me that there is way too much infighting on these boards. I know I'm guilty of being hot-headed and quick on the (figurative) trigger. The enemy is "out there", not in here, if you're a believer in 2A RKBA.

When talking religion and politics, it's very easy for things to get out of hand. It's known that I'm a conservative Christiian and don't buy the homosexual agenda, for example. However, I have a couple homosexual clients, who have grown to be friends and we argue quite a bit. We recently decided that the "cultural issues" now need to be set aside in light of the cliff that this country and people are tottering on. We can resume the culture wars when we win this country back. As we've seen, people of different "persuasion" do support the natural right to self-defense and the throwing off of a tyrannical gov't.

Another thing. You don't know what someone's situation is, just through communicating on these forums. Many of us are carrying some heavy emotional and physical loads, which no one knows about here. I have personally been guilty recently of taking the fight to someone, who I subsequently found was in great grief. My head hangs in shame for this.

Look for the good. And relax a bit.

My .02 cents, FWIW.

Everybody needs to take a deep breath.

It occurs to me that there is way too much infighting on these boards. I know I'm guilty of being hot-headed and quick on the (figurative) trigger. The enemy is "out there", not in here, if you're a believer in 2A RKBA.

When talking religion and politics, it's very easy for things to get out of hand. It's known that I'm a conservative Christiian and don't buy the homosexual agenda, for example. However, I have a couple homosexual clients, who have grown to be friends and we argue quite a bit. We recently decided that the "cultural issues" now need to be set aside in light of the cliff that this country and people are tottering on. We can resume the culture wars when we win this country back. As we've seen, people of different "persuasion" do support the natural right to self-defense and the throwing off of a tyrannical gov't.

Another thing. You don't know what someone's situation is, just through communicating on these forums. Many of us are carrying some heavy emotional and physical loads, which no one knows about here. I have personally been guilty recently of taking the fight to someone, who I subsequently found was in great grief. My head hangs in shame for this.

Look for the good. And relax a bit.

My .02 cents, FWIW.

The anonymity of this medium in which we all communicate perhaps causes us to forget our manners and common courtesies such as respect and dignity.
We all differ in opinions and we have the right to.
Be conscious of your rights and the rights of others. Agree to disagree and leave it at that.

JJ and I spoke on the phone a few days ago. One of the better conversations I've had in some time.

The infighting will be the end to us all..

Tolerance or acceptance, the choice is up to each one of us.

Peace…

I am partially to blame for this and have just finished posting on another thread apologizing. This is truly one of the best and most helpful sites on the web and is a wealth of good information for people new to Carrying Concealed and also for those of us that have been doing so for a while.

If we allow ourselves to become upset and intolerant than we will start running off people that need the information from this site. If said person then gets in trouble (or worse) over something that could have been avoided if we hadnt ran them off, then we fail as members of this forum, members of the self defense community, and people in general.

I am willing to take a deep breath and search for forgiveness and understanding as well.

I am partially to blame for this and have just finished posting on another thread apologizing. This is truly one of the best and most helpful sites on the web and is a wealth of good information for people new to Carrying Concealed and also for those of us that have been doing so for a while.

If we allow ourselves to become upset and intolerant than we will start running off people that need the information from this site. If said person then gets in trouble (or worse) over something that could have been avoided if we hadnt ran them off, then we fail as members of this forum, members of the self defense community, and people in general.

I am willing to take a deep breath and search for forgiveness and understanding as well.

Guilt is a bag full of rocks. Set it down and feel relief. Forgiveness comes through ones self, a gift from God...

Peace...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back