~Tacoma man shoots would-be burglar in face~

The_Outlaw

~The Dude Abides~
TACOMA, Wash. -- A Tacoma homeowner told police he shot a would-be burglar in the face Tuesday evening.
The man said he was inside his home, located in the area of South 14th Street and South Madison Street, at about 6 p.m. when he saw a burglar climbing in through a window, according to Mark Fulghum of the Tacoma Police Department.
The man called 911 to report the break in before grabbing a shotgun and shooting the man in the face.
The alleged burglar ran away, but didn't get far before collapsing. He was taken to St. Joseph Hospital to be treated for life-threatening injuries.

Link Removed

Interesting... the burglar was in the house, took a shotgun round to face and survived? Another good example why magazines have more than one round in them.

I'd let him go too if he survived that. Kind of reminds me of one of my friends' stories from Iraq about this dude lost control of his POS car and had the unlucky fortune of being near a US checkpoint. They hit him about half a dozen times with 5.56 rounds and, while he was sitting on the ground getting patched up by the doc, he asked for a cigarette. They were like "**** yeah dude, you can have my whole pack...sorry for the misunderstanding"

I'm paraphrasing but that was the gist of the story.

Yep! there were the 90 years old guy shoot the burglar because he busted down his door and when it was all over the burglar father took the 90 years old to court. Hmmmm I wonder if he had kill the burglar would he have still gone to court.

I remember a case years ago, where a recent widow was awakened by someone trying to get in her front door. She grabed her late husbands double barrel from the closet, made sure that it was loaded, then went down the stairs and sat, bracing the butt of the shot-gun against a stair-riser about level with the door knob. When the criminal got a step in the door, she let loose with both barrels. It picked him up and laid him down outside the door. She called the police to report it, when they got there and saw the perp outside, they arrested her. They dropped all charges when they found blood stained pellets in the door casing on the inside of the door, proving that he had been inside the house before she shot.

That's one reason the first round out of my fusil de boudoir is 3" Mag #000, followed by 7 rds of S&B #00 with 12 in each one. 1) shoot 2) repeat as necessary. If circumstances require, deploy 7.62x39mm carbine. 3) If Orc retires from the scene stand down and allow departure.

I'd let him go too if he survived that. Kind of reminds me of one of my friends' stories from Iraq about this dude lost control of his POS car and had the unlucky fortune of being near a US checkpoint. They hit him about half a dozen times with 5.56 rounds and, while he was sitting on the ground getting patched up by the doc, he asked for a cigarette. They were like "**** yeah dude, you can have my whole pack...sorry for the misunderstanding"

I'm paraphrasing but that was the gist of the story.

Lol your friends story? That's a well know story that's been passed around the military for years. I see somebody quote it as "their friends" a lot. Either the few guys working the checkpoint that day were the most popular guys in the world or somebody's full of it. Boots passing of others' war stories as their own cracks me up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back