Surprised? 5 Off-Duty NYPD Officers Involved In SUV Beating Incident

BluesStringer

Les Brers
Well, Link Removed....

Eyewitness News has learned that among the bikers on the Henry Hudson last weekend, were five off-duty NYPD officers.

Sources say at least two detectives witnessed the attack on Alexian Lien and did not directly intervene. And investigators are still working to determine what role, if any, was played by the other three officers.

What is clear, sources say, is that the men did not begin to come forward until late Wednesday, four full-days after the incident.

And detectives are also investigating reports that several others in the group may have been off-duty New York City correction officers.

An undercover detective has informed Internal Affairs that he was present at the time of the confrontation.

The undercover narcotics detective, himself a motorcycle rider, was off duty. Official sources say he did not get involved because he did not want to blow his cover. Internal Affairs is now investigating. The undercover detective is being advised by an attorney.

More at link.

To protect and swerve.....into traffic. (Sorry, best I could do I short notice. LOL)

Blues

Unbelievable. This is a scandal, within a scandal. Cops riding with outlaw sport bikers. Apparently breaking some traffic laws, but not involved in the beating.

I don't know what to say...

...this answers another query I had in another post, "where the hell were the NYPD officers, when the bikers made their illegal run/ride?".

I hang my head in shame at them. How dare they abuse their authority and act like the jack-booted thugs they are supposed to be locking up.

I hope they lose their jobs, their pensions, and serve time with the criminals that they locked up.

BTW ... interesting new avatar Blues.

It's getting to the point where you can't tell our thugs from their thugs. I guess that is what the uniform is for. My opinion of law enforcement couldn't be any lower and this is just one more incident for the files. How much money will it cost the taxpayers for their administrative leave with pay for these cops? How many man hours will it take for more cops to conduct an investigation. Of course the investigation will reveal there was no wrongdoing on the part of the off duty cops and now that they are well-rested they can go back to work.

This is very sad. The Police used to be respected and admired. These days many do not hold them in high esteem.

Go Seahawks!

they uniformly HATE the idea of having to wear personal camcorders. That OUGHT to tell you all you need to know about most of them.

A.) Corrections Officers are not cops.
B.) None of the involved were Mayor Bloombergs personal heavily armed body guards.
C.) There are laws on the books about Motorcycle Riders driving no more than 2 abreast on the road.
D.) We need more laws to solve the problem.
E.) As long as the Kardashians and their types didn't have to witness the brutality and it happened in the bad part of NY City then it is okay.
F.) The Mayor is safe and sound so sleep well NY.
G.) Bitchin Avatar Blues

I can hear it now " I was off duty" so I can not be held responsible.

And I would have to agree with them since when they are on duty they have no responsibility for citizens well being or safety as pointed out by the Supreme court over and over again.

If they were truly under cover, it wouldn't be the first time that under cover officers have been forced into unanticipated positions from which they could not extract themselves without raising suspicion and possibly blowing their cover - potentially costing them their own lives. That they didn't actually participate in the beating is fortunate; on occasion officers under deep cover have found themselves in the position of being forced to commit some pretty serious crimes. Those are the kinds of chances we take when we put people under cover.

Help me understand: One was an undercover narcotics officer AND he (and all the others) were off duty. So if one is not undercover @ the time, how would it have been blowing cover?

Sounds like either they were afraid of getting in trouble for participating in the event in the 1st place, or they were too afraid to intervene. Their lack of action allowed the situation to escalate, and people were hurt badly. Fire them.

You may count on all the officers who rode with the bikers, were guilty of numerous moving violations. It would be interesting to know if anyone with a helmet cam caught any of their hijinks on camera. You know, to see if they served and protected.

An off duty cop, nope, does not exist. Undercover, yes, maybe. When a police officer takes the oath, it does not say only during normal working hours. And that carries over into retirement. That was codified when retired LEOs were allowed to carry after retirement by the Congress.

The news report conveniently omitted the 'Asian" victims - blacks hate Asians as much as whites. This was a hate crime prompted by events yet to be determined - but look at the nice Asian couple - now look at the coward thug blacks who tried to break into the SUV for the obvious intent to hurt the couple. Once again, media carries water for the blacks and ignores the injustice to nice (Asian) folks trying to survive in a black-monopolized-media-manipulated society.
Well, Link Removed....

More at link.

To protect and swerve.....into traffic. (Sorry, best I could do I short notice. LOL)

Blues

Amazing that this post, which clearly shows law enforcement at its worst has drawn two pages of comments yet a post that asks if you should carry your weapon with a round in the chamber has 26 pages of comments. Looks like we have a "law enforcement can do no wrong" crowd on our hands.

This is very sad. The Police used to be respected and admired. These days many do not hold them in high esteem.

Go Seahawks!

Could that be because they, the Cops, have no respect for themselves, their position, the "Force" and last but not least THE LAW?!

Last edited:
Help me understand: One was an undercover narcotics officer AND he (and all the others) were off duty. So if one is not undercover @ the time, how would it have been blowing cover?

Sounds like either they were afraid of getting in trouble for participating in the event in the 1st place, or they were too afraid to intervene. Their lack of action allowed the situation to escalate, and people were hurt badly. Fire them.

Exactly correct!

These types of 'cowardly' off duty/on duty LEO's have infected just about every agency across these once united states.

I have seen some real scumbag LEO's within the; LAPD, the LACS, the Military Police and the Federal Reserve System during my years of service. It's a real shame, but a sad reality I'm afraid.

The gangster rap (thug life) mentality is also a major contributing factor within these 'newer breed' of LEO's nowaday's. :frown:

Yes, the reason I dropped out of USA Carry for a year when I realized the number of LEO worshippers. Remember, government-subsidized professional police service is a relatively new concept - that communities did a far better job squelching crime a few hundred years ago without them. I'm not suggesting it [police] go away - society is too complex and drowning in superfluous laws. But the base facts are that police and courts actually suppress justice creating legal policies, procedures and revolving door recidivism. It will never change because good citizens fell into the trap of issuing too much respect for authority. Now, they [police, courts and politicians] see themselves as royal lords and the rest of us, serfs. We created this condition over time and this forum is packed with the type you describe - the kind that brought to school apples for their teachers - should have seen it coming.
Amazing that this post, which clearly shows law enforcement at its worst has drawn two pages of comments yet a post that asks if you should carry your weapon with a round in the chamber has 26 pages of comments. Looks like we have a "law enforcement can do no wrong" crowd on our hands.

Last edited:
Biker cop (scumbag LEO) 'joined in' on beatdown of SUV/driver....

An off-duty undercover cop who claimed he took no active role as fellow bikers pulled a Manhattan dad from his SUV and beat him to a pulp actually furiously hit/struck the SUV's back window so hard that it shattered at the height of the bloody road-rage attack, sources told The Post.
The thuggish cop, a seven-year veteran, lied to investigators and claimed that he didn’t help the injured man because he rode up to the scene as the beating was nearly over, sources said.
The development came as another biker who helped in driver Alexian Lien’s beat-down was arraigned in Manhattan Court on Tuesday.
Craig Wright, 29, of Brooklyn can allegedly be seen on video throwing punches through the shattered driver’s-side window of the 33-year-old victim’s Range Rover in front of Lien’s terrified wife and 2-year-old daughter.

Biker cop joined in SUV beatdown, hit vehicle | New York Post

Fire this stupid/corrupt fascist-thug cop and make him serve 3-5 years in prison!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back