Supreme Court ruling on marriage equality

In what way are your freedoms being trampled by this ruling?

Sent from my E6782 using USA Carry mobile app

It appears that the supreme court justices answered your question in several ways all of which indicates how Ringo's freedoms could be trampled upon.

It appears that the supreme court justices answered your question in several ways all of which indicates how Ringo's freedoms could be trampled upon.

I don't care how a person's freedom COULD be trampled upon. We can sit around and play that silly game of hypotheticals all day. Once those hypotheticals get close to something resembling reality we can talk. What I am asking is how this ruling DOES trample on freedoms. What I am asking is REAL WORLD examples. So far NO ONE has answered that question.

Everyone in this country still has the freedom to their religion and their speech just as much as they did a week ago. This ruling doesn't limit those freedoms for anyone.

Greg: There is a big difference here. If one is well founded in his religion or other belief system, they cannot be victims.

That's an asinine statement. Pick up a history book and look up something called "the holocaust." Tell me that the people that were well founded in their religions and belief systems that were slaughtered by the Nazis weren't victims.

If making sure that your posts are factually and logically appropriate isn't worth your time then maybe you shouldn't post at all.

Sent from my E6782 using USA Carry mobile app

Yeah...not worth my time.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

I think you should just forget this argument altogether. you would have a hard time proving which group would is more or less persecuted than the other given the relatively few LGBT people versus the vast majority who claim to be christian. the two populations can hardly be compared on the basis of persecution. When I think of persecuted groups I think in larger scales: jews, Christians, muslims, women, immigrants, blacks, whites and any other color, etc in no particular order whatsoever. I would claim no one in current day America is persecuted more than they allow themselves to be. Maybe I have a different definition of "persecuted."

OK, but christians clearly have their panties in a wad because the LGBT were just granted rights they already had and quite frankly make a complete sham of marriage with the highest divorce rates of any group. The more fundie the belief, the higher the divorce rate as the so called buy bull belt can clearly be seen in a map of divorce rates.

Link Removed

Quiz: Find the bible belt on a divorce rate map.

Ringo is still free to hate, and the expound upon his hatred, and it hasn't slowed him in the slightest. Franklin Graham, the poster child for hate filled christian, is all over the news with his ignorance and hate.

OK, but christians clearly have their panties in a wad because the LGBT were just granted rights they already had and quite frankly make a complete sham of marriage with the highest divorce rates of any group. The more fundie the belief, the higher the divorce rate as the so called buy bull belt can clearly be seen in a map of divorce rates.

Link Removed

Communist goals #26 & #27

26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."

27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

Link Removed

it certainly is a problem for the church that is undeniable. what is debatable is that unfaithfulness in marriage is more prevalent in church goers. Society at large is very promiscuous and prone to multiple partners eschewing marriage altogether so its hard to compare apples to oranges. it will also be interesting to see over time how the divorce rate for LGBT group fares.

it certainly is a problem for the church that is undeniable. what is debatable is that unfaithfulness in marriage is more prevalent in church goers. Society at large is very promiscuous and prone to multiple partners eschewing marriage altogether so its hard to compare apples to oranges. it will also be interesting to see over time how the divorce rate for LGBT group fares.

I suspect it will be the same as the general population of heterosexuals. The idea that two people who meet in a bar or online or any other means are particularly made for each other for their respective lives is Disneyesque. The may choose to stay married for many reasons, but there are way more reasons not to stay married for life.

I think marriage should be a 5-year renewable arrangement. If either party doesn't affirm affirmatively renew every 5 years ten it ends. The law can take care of non-renewed marriages just like divorces but without all emotional baggage attached to a divorce.

Communist goals #26 & #27

26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."

27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."

Pardon my french but what the fornication does that have to do with christians having the highest divorce rate while screaming about protecting the sanctity of marriage.

I know you are hung up on the ignorance of long dead goat herders, but are you also hung up on the McCarthy era snipe hunt?

I suspect it will be the same as the general population of heterosexuals. The idea that two people who meet in a bar or online or any other means are particularly made for each other for their respective lives is Disneyesque. The may choose to stay married for many reasons, but there are way more reasons not to stay married for life.

I think marriage should be a 5-year renewable arrangement. If either party doesn't affirm affirmatively renew every 5 years ten it ends. The law can take care of non-renewed marriages just like divorces but without all emotional baggage attached to a divorce.

I think you are right. I initial numbers certainly aren't good for same sex unions in the states which started the trend but its too early to give them much validity. as to the renewable arrangement people could set that up already like a prenup thing. I just think society has a throw away, non commit, unable to persevere through trials type attitude making them unable to stay in a relationship for very long.

I think it is going map directly to the religious beliefs of the LGBT couples, but since it is unlikely that LGBT couples that get married will be fundy christians, the overall result will be a much lower divorce rate.

I think it is going map directly to the religious beliefs of the LGBT couples, but since it is unlikely that LGBT couples that get married will be fundy christians, the overall result will be a much lower divorce rate.

well, we shall see that is for sure. I am basing my assumption that they will be equal based on the research that has been going on far longer than divorce rate data regarding domestic abuse between same sex couples. Everything I have read shows same sex couples have at least an equal rate of partner abuse than hetero couples. Here is just one example:

Domestic Violence Likely More Frequent for Same-Sex Couples: Northwestern University News

It would be great if neither of these issues were a major factor for any type of couple for any type of belief.

Pardon my french but what the fornication does that have to do with christians having the highest divorce rate while screaming about protecting the sanctity of marriage.

I know you are hung up on the ignorance of long dead goat herders, but are you also hung up on the McCarthy era snipe hunt?

Liar and twister...just another normal day for you huh.

Clearly that was included with post #88

But as usual you leave half out and then play dumb. 0 integrity

Liar and twister...just another normal day for you huh.

Clearly that was included with post #88

But as usual you leave half out and then play dumb. 0 integrity

You really are delusional, how the phque does the ruling take us back to the commie in every cupboard of the McCarthy era snipe hunt.

#88 is the sad state of affairs of hetro marriage in the buy bull belt, the more fundy the belief, the less they actually follow them,

effing hypocrites

The White House Gay Rainbow: 'May it Remind Us of God's Judgment to Come'

God gave the rainbow sign to Noah following the flood. May it Remind Us of God's Judgment to Come, an image forever "associated with His judgment" and a sign of "God's judgment to come." God sent a flood to wipe out the entire world because mankind had become so wicked and violent. One man, Noah, was found righteous and escaped God’s judgment with his family. The rainbow was a sign to Noah that God would not use the flood again to judge the world. So, when we see the gay pride rainbow splashed on the White House, business advertisements and many people’s Facebook pages, may it remind all of us of God’s judgment to come. In the New Testament in the gospel of Luke, chapter 17, Jesus Christ tells His disciples about what the world will be like when He returns. "First He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation," says Christ. "And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all." Christ continues, "Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built; but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed."

Your god seems to enjoy killing things. It sounds like the equivalent of a mother killing a baby because it had a placenta attached to it.

If your god didn't want people to be dishonest murderers maybe he shouldn't have made people in his image.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back