Step up for MEMORIAL DAY

Terminal Lance

For those who live in states that allow it;

In honor of memorial day I ask, as a veteran, that all fellow citizens that have license's to carry handguns carry openly tomorrow to make a statement to everyone that you will not be a victim of any form of violence be it overseas or here in the states. Take responsibility in protecting yourself and your families and don't be afraid to show it. The request may be a little out of context however I feel very strongly about it. Especially with some of our constitutional rights (2nd amendment specifically) so many have died to protect circling the drain.

"all fellow citizens that have license's to carry handguns carry openly tomorrow to make a statement"

Just remember that ALL states do not allow Open Carry!!! Florida being one..

Especially with some of our constitutional rights (2nd amendment specifically) so many have died to protect circling the drain.

Have you been watching the news lately? RKBA is gaining ground, and support, across the board. 2 new states have added Constitutional carry this year w/ several more vowing to keep introducing such legislation until is passes. The only two states that deny their citizens the right to carry both have legislation in session right now to allow concealed carry. Also the Open Carry Movement is taking off coast to coast.

I just don’t see the Second Amendment "circling the drain" anytime soon.

That said, if I go anywhere today I will carry

yeah I guess that wasn't the best euphemism, just that there are too many people out there who wish to take those rights away ie: current administration.

yeah I guess that wasn't the best euphemism, just that there are too many people out there who wish to take those rights away ie: current administration.

IMO the gun run of 2008-2010 sent a very clear message to the current administration. I think all but the most un-savvy politicians are aware that the Second Amendment is the new third rail (touch it and die)

@navylt. Hey of your state allows permitless open carry then by all means. And not just today but everyday you should exercise that right. I stated it that way because here in Indiana you can't OC without a permit. I'm just choosing to carry openly today as a statement. That's all.

Hmmm...although Missouri is an open carry state, some counties do not allow it, including where I live here. I carry everyday though -- everywhere but the bathrooms in the house. I'd love to be able to carry and not be aware whether I am showing or not.

@navylt. Hey of your state allows permitless open carry then by all means. And not just today but everyday you should exercise that right. I stated it that way because here in Indiana you can't OC without a permit. I'm just choosing to carry openly today as a statement. That's all.

I feel people need to be reminded of their rights or they might be forgotten.

I agree! Some people are not aware that in states such as Washington, they can carry a gun without a permit! :)

I agree! Some people are not aware that in states such as Washington, they can carry a gun without a permit! :)

Add NH to your list, no permit needed to open carry. I find it asinine to make people have a concealed weapons permit just so they can carry openly!

Have you been watching the news lately? RKBA is gaining ground, and support, across the board. 2 new states have added Constitutional carry this year w/ several more vowing to keep introducing such legislation until is passes. The only two states that deny their citizens the right to carry both have legislation in session right now to allow concealed carry. Also the Open Carry Movement is taking off coast to coast.

I just don’t see the Second Amendment "circling the drain" anytime soon.

That said, if I go anywhere today I will carry

While that is true, the sad fact of the matter is some states with a history of being anti second anything, are moving backwards. CA is trying to pass a state wide ban on OC and a few other anti states on the east coast are still hard at work trying to ban firearms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back