Starbucks' CEO makes a "respectful request that customers no longer bring firearms."

As I posted on another thread, I fully support the right to OC even though I personally choose to CC. Still, photos like this one probably had more than a little to do with his decision. These guys don't exactly help our cause. This photo was posted on bearingarms.com.

gunfeed-e1379588943536.png

Yup, we are sometimes our own worst enemy. The overzealous open-carriers pushed their beliefs into the faces of too many people, too many times and StarBucks took this stance. I find it sad that we did this to ourselves. I know many businesses locally that do not care about CC in their businesses, but do tend to frown on Open-Carry due to the soccer-moms and such that also do their business there. So, maybe this will be a lesson to us all.....common-sense cannot be legislated.

Maybe since some are offended by the way you exercise your 1st Amendment rights, you shouldn't do it out here in public. What's the difference?

Ten seconds of google searching reveals some people you all should be pissed at. What's the mentality of someone who thinks that Starbucks would appreciate you taking a selfie with your gun in their store?:

Link RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

If I was the CEO I would have posted every store in the franchise the day this happened

These pictures do not represent open carriers. I'd assume, these are normally concealed carries or new gun owners being irresponsible.

Even markedguardian, one of people others use to demonize, is smart enough to not walk around with his rifle in his hands.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

My first amendment rights don't walk into a coffe shop with a shotgun in their hands

Well, I've heard that the pen is mightier than the sword, so other than that, what you have in your hands when penning your opinions under the 1st Amendment could be just as dangerous to gun owners as what they have in their hands while exercising their rights under the 2nd.

That said, I'm not at all impressed with a shotgunner who thinks holding his weapon in basically the low-ready position inside what might be a crowded business establishment either. He's a fool. So also is a fool though, anyone who takes that minuscule anecdotal example and paints the entire gun owning and/or open carrying community with sharing in his foolishness.

That is the very common tactic of leftist anti-gunners, whether Caucasian or otherwise. Link Removed

Blues

These pictures do not represent open carriers. I'd assume, these are normally concealed carries or new gun owners being irresponsible.

Even markedguardian, one of people others use to demonize, is smart enough to not walk around with his rifle in his hands.

Little Bighorn doesn’t represent normal White / Native American interactions but it sure is what people remember

Well, I've heard that the pen is mightier than the sword, so other than that, what you have in your hands when penning your opinions under the 1st Amendment could be just as dangerous to gun owners as what they have in their hands while exercising their rights under the 2nd.

That said, I'm not at all impressed with a shotgunner who thinks holding his weapon in basically the low-ready position inside what might be a crowded business establishment either. He's a fool. So also is a fool though, anyone who takes that minuscule anecdotal example and paints the entire gun owning and/or open carrying community with sharing in his foolishness.

That is the very common tactic of leftist anti-gunners, whether Caucasian or otherwise. Link Removed

Blues

I’m very pro second amendment man, I just wish we had it in 1492

I’m very pro second amendment man, I just wish we had it in 1492

Oh, you mean when Columbus hit the shores of the West Indies?

Besides, you did have arms. You just lost. Not that that justifies any of the atrocities that Native Americans have suffered at the hands of the American government, but it's a truism of history that to the victors go the spoils. "Your" people practiced the exact same truism throughout history against people who looked just like yours and their ancestors, just as African blacks sold hundreds of thousands of their black-skinned brothers and sisters into slavery and enjoyed the spoils of their conquests.

But oh well, you've got a brobdingnagian chip on your shoulder, so no calm, thoughtful, truth-based discussion with you is going to be helpful or informative.

Congrats. You're the first to earn your way onto my ignore list in only two replies.

Blues

Why would you support a company that requests that you not bring your firearm into their store?
Because it's only a request. My job as a consumer is to get what I want. If I get what I want and can still carry my gun, then that's all I'm looking for. When they ban, that's when I stop supporting them.

Wow Chen, I don't know how to interpret this, are you seeing yourself as superior or has all the OC vs CC crap talk changed you as a person. Maybe I have spent too much time away from this site but I am finding it more difficult to value the opinions that most people share. The calmer members like Tuckers Mom and yourself have either gone away or become seemingly always angry. Maybe I am reading this wrong and need to find a new site to spend my time.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Wow Chen, I don't know how to interpret this, are you seeing yourself as superior or has all the OC vs CC crap talk changed you as a person. Maybe I have spent too much time away from this site but I am finding it more difficult to value the opinions that most people share. The calmer members like Tuckers Mom and yourself have either gone away or become seemingly always angry. Maybe I am reading this wrong and need to find a new site to spend my time.

try smith and wesson forums

Of the "open carriers" in these photos, the guy with the shotgun is the idiot. His version of open carry (unslung and ready to fire) would be like walking around with your pistol in your hand. The others were at least slung/holstered, or in their car and not in the store.

Ten seconds of google searching reveals some people you all should be pissed at. What's the mentality of someone who thinks that Starbucks would appreciate you taking a selfie with your gun in their store?:

Link RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

If I was the CEO I would have posted every store in the franchise the day this happened
I don't drink coffee no have I ever been in a Starbucks. I said a year ago that if people kept pushing something would happen. I don't care who OC or CC. when you go into a place carrying a rifle or a shot gun that is not normal.

6 million Jews died in the holocaust, the Jews say never forget, never again and it’s prudent. 10 million of my people die and when I say the same thing it’s racist. Got it.

First, I tried to edit my response to clarify my message, but it seems you got my first draft. In either case, the message is close enough.

Second, never forgetting the hardships is not racist. But a Jew who believes all Germans today are still Nazis, would be.

First, I tried to edit my response to clarify my message, but it seems you got my first draft. In either case, the message is close enough.

Second, never forgetting the hardships is not racist. But a Jew who believes all Germans today are still Nazis, would be.

That’s very true but a Jew that believes that Germans today aren’t capable of doing everything the Nazi’s did or an Asian who doesn’t think the American government would open up Manzanar relocation center again is a fool

No superiority or anger in my post. I probably have changed though, I am have a harder time valuing opinions of most gun owners. I posted this same question in a twin thread as this one, that had another thought: gun owners who normally do not carry besides sport shooting or hunting.

Here's my logic behind my question:

A main argument from concealed carriers against open carry is that we are waving the gun around in the air. Makes me believe if a person who doesn't normally open carry, wouldn't see a problem with posing with their firearm in public such as those pictures.

Pro gun activist brandishing firearms has not been an act committed by open carriers, my opinion is based on personal experience. Nearly all the open carriers I've talked with have a decent grasp on the laws, especially concerning brandishing.

That’s very true but a Jew that believes that Germans today aren’t capable of doing everything the Nazi’s did or an Asian who doesn’t think the American government would open up Manzanar relocation center again is a fool

Anyone, from any culture, who thinks any government or person, doesn't have the capacity of extreme violence is a fool. That is no excuse to stereotype though, especially to stereotype based on extremists.

What the hell does this have to do with STARBUCKS?!?

Sir; I believe on the 2nd page was a specific comment about being hasseled by ignorant law enforcement for open and possibly concealed carry. It relates to Starbucks as the above comment of ignorant LE was made in this thread in how individuals choose to display firearms. There are specific reasons on how to approach an unknown individual with a firearm and I attempted to point it out. And that many LE are strong supporters of the 2nd Amendment. To paint LE with that broad of a statement only helps the gun banners.

It could be just a troll comment...but the phone app has a bug that has pulled other quoted text from threads in didn't sub forums on me before, and posted my response in a completely different forum too...I had to go find it and move it.

No sir, I'm not a troll. Firearm enthusiast, collector, competitor, NRA Life Member, new to this forum, and a Level 1 Peace Officer who attempted to dispell the ignorant law enforcement comment in relation to open and concealed carry mention in this thread with a perspective of the other side who is just a strongly believes in the 2nd Amendment and the entire Constitution for all.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back