Springfield Armory XDS

I just picked up an xds last week for traveling with. I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

Congrats to all who have recently picked up the XDs. It will not disappoint you! I was fortunate enough to put my 1000th round through mine this past weekend. Buddy of mine just put the first 100 rounds through his new bi-tone XDs at the same time. Sharp looking guns. We were all grins. They caught a lot of eyes!

Thanks, I picked up the Taurus PT145 stainless...10 + 1 plus second mag and Lifetime warranty...But I am still thinking of the Kahr for the Mrs. If I can get her to trade her 357. LOL

I have been trying to get my hands on the XDS for some time now; Every place that I try is out of stock or unavailable;
I must not be trying the right places.
Way to go Firefighterchen and Troutstalker, maybe i'll join you soon, putting those rounds through it at the range.

Ah yes! Some of the finest made Croatian guns on the market! Good job SA on shipping your business over seas!
Kudos from the unemployed workers nation wide!

I'm looking to pickup the XDm 3.8 .40. 16+1 rounds of .40! Going to use it as one of my home defense weapons. Should have it in a week or two? Think I am going to fit it with a Viridian laser/light combo. Anybody have any feedback Viridian?

How much did you pay? I'm thinking about getting the big brother so the manipulation between my back up and primary are the same

Both where trades. I got the small one for a old wasr3 I had paid 200 bucks for a few years ago. The Full size I traded a used Kimber 1911 I also got another pistol in the deal. I Think the fs was marked 575? I had 450 in the kimber.. Guns are like gold these days..

After range trip today, my wife wants 9mm Glock. RO spent 40-45 minutes with her, talking her out of wheelguns, as she couldn't rack the slide, he successfully taught her how to rack slides, where I could not. I backed completely out of her buying/choice. He even let her borrow a .38 special airweight hidden hammer with one cylinder full of .38 special ammo, to see if she could handle the recoil. No problem, but I'm glad he talked her into the 9mm semi.

She couldn't rack my XD-S, but after 30 or so minutes, adding to what the RO showed her, she finally got the technique down on that beast of a slide on the XD-S. Very proud of her. She shot my XD-S once, and that was it for her. Just too much recoil. Thought it ironic she thought the airweight had manageable recoil, but my XD-S did not.

Anybody on the fence about an XD-S; if it does have a problem, lifetime warranty. They back their products. The worst problem I had with mine, was trigger control. I shot low and right. Took lots of practice dry-firing and range time to master. I had not this much trouble with larger semis, but this one I had a tendency to flinch, anticipating recoil. Finally got into its groove. It shoots where it is pointed. Flinching is a hard habit to break, but I did it with this gun. It is an amazingly accurate short barrel .45.

I don't care where a weapon is made, as long as it's well-engineered, and reliable.

My wife will probably buy a U.S. made gun, so I guess we'll be even in the unemployed worker department.

EDIT: above reply to previous post.

How much did you pay? I'm thinking about getting the big brother so the manipulation between my back up and primary are the same

Both where trades. I got the small one for a old wasr3 I had paid 200 bucks for a few years ago. The Full size I traded a used Kimber 1911 I also got another pistol in the deal. I Think the fs was marked 575? I had 450 in the kimber.. Guns are like gold these days..

The one thing I wished the full sized xd's had was the same trigger as the xds: when decocked the trigger is depressed.

New XD-S

I'm in search of the ultimate EDC but they keep coming out with new ones. I couldn't find shooters with time on the range with the XD-S. I found a few reviews but nobody's shot more than 1,000 rounds. But once I held one at my friendly neighborhood gun shop, I had to have it, it was made for my hands. It will be competing with my Kimber Ultra II and Kahr PM40 for primary carry. I'll report on performance next week after I'm back from the range. Maybe someone has advice or experience to relate.
keiter

Link Removed

I am getting a little jealous; I have been waiting for the XDs to be in stock at various venues, while some of you are picking them up at the local gun-shop;
what am I doing wrong?

Hard to find

Shop locally, I was searching the web for the XD-S, turns out my friendly neighborhood gunshop owner was looking out for the locals and he didn't gouge me on price. But it all depends on your part of the country, things change by region, state, county, town. Support your local dealer and he should treat you right.
keiter

Well; after all this waiting; after all this debating; after all this frustrating, I finally have my hands on my XDS 45 compact; and now I have to sit and wait because I had surgery on my wrist and cannot go to the range for another S I X weeks; Who can feel my pain???????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back