Speer Gold Dot 124g +p

gkeil961

Saw these in my local gun store on sale.... Was wondering if this is a ok round for my G26 Gen 4 .... I currently have Hornady CD but my service pistol is a G19 and the gold dot 124g +p os what is issued..... I was just wondering if this was okay for the G26 short barrel?

Thanks in advance

I don't know of why it would not be okay to use but I would maybe look at a better brand. I like federal ammo myself (MADE IN AMERICA)

That Gold Dot Load works just fine in the G26. You also might check out the "Short Barrel" loads for this caliber.

These are optimized for the G26's short barrel.

-Doc

ftx vs cci

Saw these in my local gun store on sale.... Was wondering if this is a ok round for my G26 Gen 4 .... I currently have Hornady CD but my service pistol is a G19 and the gold dot 124g +p os what is issued..... I was just wondering if this was okay for the G26 short barrel?

Thanks in advance

Hornady CD FTX and Gold dots are both great rounds i personally would carry the ftx seeing as hornady is an american company operation in grand island nebraska.

Critical Defense is in my opinion a less than optimum load for self defense as it lacks sufficient penetration. The Speer 124gr +P is a superior load.

My alternate preference are loads that use the HST projectile.

The nice thing about the GD is you can purchase them for handloads.

Most of the premium SD loads are more than adequate. It's just fun to discuss one vs the others.

-Doc

I have that in my Duty gun (Sig P226) and in my off duty (Glock 26 Gen 3)

It cycles fine and is the only ammo I am allowed to use in my gun because NYPD says so LOL

Never had a misfire after 40,000+ rounds in the Sig and the 1,000+ in the Glock.

The Gold Dot loadings work well from the Glock 26, all of them. The 124gr +P 9mm Gold Dot is one of the very best choices one can make for a defensive pistol carry loading, in any caliber.

The 124 grain Gold Dot +P is one of the best performing self defense rounds on the market. I would also consider the Federal HST and Winchester SXT T series. The 127 +P+ Winchester is the best performing round I've used. Another good round is the 147 grain HST +P. I wouldn't worry about any of those choices.

If you ever want to doubt a decision you are about to make, come here and ask what folks think about it. ;)

I use Gold Dot +p's in my G26, an old one, and I have had ZERO problems.

Whether they do the absolute most damage to a human body is not a big concern of mine. Putting the BG down suffices for me.

KK

I carry the gold dot short barrel 124g +P in my G26 and fire them often...I have never had any problems with it.

Speer Gold Dot is my #1 choice for SD ammo. Ideal for a range of situations. Never had any issues using Speer Gold Dot ammo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back