South Carolina ANTI-GUN Rights Legislation ALERT

fnsmoak

Legislative Alert.
SC Residents need to Act Now!

H.3292 is moving again!!!

H. 3292 will be on the agenda of the full House Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, Jan 24 at 2:30 pm. Go to SCGunRights | South Carolina Ad Hoc Committee to Preserve Firearms Rights and get the full story on your rights being destroyed.

H. 3292 WAS the pro gun constitutional carry bill introduced by Rep. Mike Pitts. BUT, Rep. Thad Viers - the chair of the General Laws subcommittee - gutted the pro gun bill and substituted his Viers amendment. The Viers amendment replaced the Mike Pitts language with unconstitutional gun control. You can read all about the Viers amendment on the GrassRoots web site at GrassRoots South Carolina - Our Goal: Citizens carrying arms whenever and wherever they choose. GrassRoots has been prohibited by the court from updating the web site since last April, but the info is still accurate. See our post "What Happened to Grassroots" to the right hand side of our web site. We are acting because Grassroots has been silenced.

BUT, there is nothing to prevent pro gun folks - like YOU - from contacting the members of the Judiciary Committee and telling them what you want done with H. 3292 - i.e., 1st, KILL the Viers amendment, then 2nd, adopt the GrassRoots proposed amendments to H. 3292 - which can be found on the GrassRoots web site. See our page "Legislative Contact" that will enable you to contact your member of the State House of Representatives and State Senator.

Thank you for your help.

GUNSMOAK.com

I do not see "See our post "What Happened to Grassroots" to the right hand side of our web site. We are acting because Grassroots has been silenced." on the grassroots website. Is it a different website you are speaking of?

Link Removed is the website that is "still in the works" simply because of the intentional dragging of the feet of the judicial system with our appeal.

The site under order to remain "abandoned" by the court is GrassRoots South Carolina - Our Goal: Citizens carrying arms whenever and wherever they choose.. I have been trying to keep up with the situation since it started and have no certainty so I will simply relay URLs.

The complete story of H.3292 can be read from multiple links on the GrassRoots South Carolina - Our Goal: Citizens carrying arms whenever and wherever they choose. page, other than the Alert stating that it will be involved again this week.

PASS THE WORD. thanks for writing.

Sounds like you also have another issue in court ordered website abandoned. Court must not be familiar with constitution.

The web site takes a long time to load. The links will appear to the right on the home page if you give it time or if you click on one of the links at the top of the page on SCgunrights.net such as the SC House Judiciary Committee, you will see the links to the right hand side. One of which is the "what happened to Grassroots". I am just finding out about this. I hate to hear this is going on in our state....

What went on with Grassroots to have a court ban the site?

It is my understanding that the court did not ban the site but rather prohibited any changes being made to it or the officers, or anyone else, from making any official announcements or statements as being from the organization until it either complies with the laws of incorporation or the appeal is heard. I have not seen the ruling from the judge so I do not know what exactly has happened, only bits and pieces usually from a very biased source either one way or the other.

It does appear that plainly GRGR has been operating for several years in violation of the state laws under which it was incorporated. When confronted with this fact the board chose to try to change the type of incorporation rather than obey the law. The judge refused to permit the change until the present laws were obeyed and the officers have appealed his ruling. Right now things are at a standstill until then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back