Sooooo...nothing happened.

tricolordad

Banned
I had my ALICE pack ready, guns loaded, ready to rock, tin foil hat on nice and tight...and nothing happened yesterday. He issued a bunch of Executive Orders ASKING people to do stuff, according to Rush Limbaugh. Obama is a coward.

To be honest............I did have it all ready, but it's been that way since 2007. The tin foil hat is new.

..and nothing happened yesterday. He issued a bunch of Executive Orders ASKING people to do stuff, according to Rush Limbaugh. Obama is a coward.

Soooooo, if you follow history, this is exactly how it works. Sudden big push with a big plan, rile everyone up, get the other side furriously working against, then come out with not much of anything. Then other side relaxes, all those new "members" to the other side think they did good and can now go back to their daily lives and return to ignoring politics because they fought the war and won. Then a month or so later, while something else in on the media big picture radar, they quietly push their main agenda through to not much protest because all those "new" folks who fought the war, think that now it's all just a bunch of fluff, like the last time, and they don't have to step out of their busy lives to do anything cause nothing is going to happen.

Textbook. :(

Soooooo, if you follow history, this is exactly how it works. Sudden big push with a big plan, rile everyone up, get the other side furriously working against, then come out with not much of anything. Then other side relaxes, all those new "members" to the other side think they did good and can now go back to their daily lives and return to ignoring politics because they fought the war and won. Then a month or so later, while something else in on the media big picture radar, they quietly push their main agenda through to not much protest because all those "new" folks who fought the war, think that now it's all just a bunch of fluff, like the last time, and they don't have to step out of their busy lives to do anything cause nothing is going to happen.

Textbook. :(

Yes...and no. I hope. Dang, you ruined my good spirits. I'm just glad he didn't try to repeal the 2a yesterday. I would have gone looking for the first roadblock.

There is a bunch of Dems that come from rural States that Obama still has to cast his anti 2A spell on to move his absurd agenda forward. There is hope...unless you already live in NYS of course. :big_boss:

He basically punted to congress. Now it's up to us to keep writing and letting them know we don't want any restrictions on our 2nd amendment. That's why he had kids up there with him. Tugging at Americans heart strings. It may be the eye of the storm.

huh....this is exactly what I said in a thread yesterday....and haven't heard Rush's take on it until just now.

I'm kind of proud of myself.

I suspect that the outrage and pressure from RKBA advocates is exactly WHY he didn't use executive orders in a worse way and punted to congress.

I suspect that the outrage and pressure from RKBA advocates is exactly WHY he didn't use executive orders in a worse way and punted to congress.

Or because 2/3 of the country just bought multiple guns and cleaned off almost every ammo shelf in the country? FYI, Dunhams in Menomonie WI still has full shelves. Well, not so full after I left bahahaha

Why aren't any of the members, other than Mr. Greg Ball.....speaking out against this legislation? We certainly can no longer say that Barry isn't using c-span to let us know what is going on. Where are the anti-gun bill senator's and congressmen? Mr. Ball is a bright light in a very dark chapter in our 2nd amendment history

Not sure what really will happen except prices of firearms and Ammo. will keep being in high demand with higher prices. That item will not change.

Not sure what really will happen except prices of firearms and Ammo. will keep being in high demand with higher prices. That item will not change.

Maybe in 4 years it will. Dang, i need more money. Maybe I should try and find a robbers den like Tom Sawyer. I can't afford to plink!

Why aren't any of the members, other than Mr. Greg Ball.....speaking out against this legislation? We certainly can no longer say that Barry isn't using c-span to let us know what is going on. Where are the anti-gun bill senator's and congressmen? Mr. Ball is a bright light in a very dark chapter in our 2nd amendment history

So the nation is breathing a sigh of relief? Good, I feel better...
And I need that encouragement, because I'm a New Yorker.
I guess I'm still happy for the rest of my countrymen, but man, did we just get murdered here. When I start wishing I lived in California, that's real bad. And when I start moving crap in front of my gun safe so I don't have to look at it, that's worse...

I guess I'm still happy for the rest of my countrymen, but man, did we just get murdered here. When I start wishing I lived in California, that's real bad. And when I start moving crap in front of my gun safe so I don't have to look at it, that's worse...

Are you a Yankees fan? Cuz we are gonna buy that championship next year. Thats the only good news you'll ever hear. Time to move. New York sucks anyways, expecially Staten.

Your politicians sold you out, for sure. You have my sympathy.
It won't be too many more years before the rest of us are in the same boat if things continue as they are.

Luckily my senator seems to have a lick of common sense.
Link Removed

So, does this mean the "big storm" just blew past us with almost no damage? Unless you want to talk about the shelves at the gun and ammo stores? Im confused lol. I almost expected something bigger than this.

So, does this mean the "big storm" just blew past us with almost no damage? Unless you want to talk about the shelves at the gun and ammo stores? Im confused lol. I almost expected something bigger than this.

I think the take-home message is that the King Barack, despite all his posturing, bluster, and media circus, is still afraid of us. This was an empty feel-good gesture designed to appease the ignorant, while avoiding the armed.

So far his only accomplishment has been to drive more gun sales, ammo sales, and NRA memberships than any advertising campaign or any sales gimick in history.

Maybe in 4 years it will. Dang, i need more money. Maybe I should try and find a robbers den like Tom Sawyer. I can't afford to plink!

One of our States smaller City Police Dept.s that bought AR-15 to replace shotguns, say the price of 223/5.56 Ammo. is making them use 22 Calb. rifles and 22 shorts for practice.

Obama sort of saw the light that was an oncoming Amtrak train and he was heading the wrong way in a tunnel. He is using "Executive Actions" instead of Executive Orders because he saw he did not currently have the votes in Congress to push his agenda through. But don't let that lull you into a sense that we won. He will try doing it some other way. Item 16 is a lie of his.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
Suggest that he goes and reads the bill that passed without being read. He might be in for a shock. Just because they can ask does not override that the patient does not have to answer any questions about guns or ammo in the home. (5) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIVIDUALS.-- No individual shall be required to disclose any information under any data collection activity authorized under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act relating to-
(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition; or
(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition.

Link Removed

I don't think he's implying that a patient has to answer, only that a doctor can ask. Of course if a parient is stupid enough to tell his doctor, then well...I guess there's no cure for stupid

again, silly window dressing. looking busy without actually doing anything.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back