Some sites say waiting to hear about Alcohol and drugs... Any comments?Found this

drisk226

Section 10H. Whoever, having in effect a license to carry firearms issued under section 131 or 131F of chapter 140, carries on his person, or has under his control in a vehicle, a loaded firearm, as defined in section 121 of said chapter 140, while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or marijuana, narcotic drugs, depressants or stimulant substances, all as defined in section 1 of chapter 94C, or the vapors of glue shall be punished by a fine of not more than $5,000 or by imprisonment in the house of correction for not more than two and one-half years, or by both such fine and imprisonment..... My question is what if your not driving?

Section 10H. Whoever, having in effect a license to carry firearms issued under section 131 or 131F of chapter 140, carries on his person, or has under his control in a vehicle, a loaded firearm, as defined in section 121 of said chapter 140, while under the influence of intoxicating liquor or marijuana, narcotic drugs, depressants or stimulant substances, all as defined in section 1 of chapter 94C, or the vapors of glue shall be punished by a fine of not more than $5,000 or by imprisonment in the house of correction for not more than two and one-half years, or by both such fine and imprisonment..... My question is what if your not driving?

I am no lawyer...but I read "being under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs" as you can't carry (no matter who is driving). Now to me, that means "you can't be hammered" and carry. Personally, I don't drink that much and wouldn't want to be drunk off my feet while carrying (alcohol sometimes doesn't create the best situation), however I don't think there is anything wrong with having a few beers and carrying. I would say be responsible while you are carrying. If you want to party, do it at home or leave the firearm behind.

Thats just my $.02.

-Capo

Oh brother. Here it comes. That's the camel's nose under the tent. While I personally wouldn't want ANYONE being LOADED and having a loaded gun, I see where this thing is going. Lets start a pool. How long before they draft legislation for a gun you have to blow into before you can take the safety off? :sarcastic:

Is there a law about being intoxicated not in a vehicle?

Is there a law about being intoxicated not in a vehicle?

Sorry...gotta say it: Why anyone would jeopardize their CCW for the sake of a few drinks - not to mention the possibility of impairing their judgment when they might need it most! - is beyond me. Someone mentioned making the "adult decision to have a few" . . . what about making the MORE adult decision that you're not going to have a drink AT ALL while under arms?? IMHO, anyone who needs a drink so bad that he can't set the urge aside because he's carrying the means to take a life needs to reconsider his priorities.

One man's opinion.

I think the bottom line here is Bob and myself are pointing out it’s a BAD idea. The law states you can't be intoxicated, which covers in the car and out. I do agree, no alcohol while carrying, it’s a very bad idea to drink and carry. When you’re carrying, you need to be alert, ready, and able to judge situations and the actions of others. However, with that being said, I would not look down on a person for having a beer at dinner while out with their wife or a glass of wine. I believe it is in a person’s best interest to avoid alcohol entirely while carrying; however it is up to the person to make a decision to which is "responsible" for them. One beer to some is like having a glass of water, to others it will make a difference and impair judgment, etc. I think it matters on the person, and a person needs to know their limitations. I'm not the best swimmer, so I stay out of the water. The initial question on this thread was "what if you’re not driving" (referring to being drunk in a car), which I think we answered; the rest is just our opinions which I think is good to share.

Sorry for the rant...

-Capo-

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back