Slippery front strap

keiter

Looking to put some grip to the front strap on my Kimber Compact. I saw Pachmayr grips that wrap around the front but they weigh 5 ozs. Has anyone else found their fingers slipping down the front of the hand grips during recoil? I'd like to find a quick fix but I like the stock grips and think checkering must be expensive.

Keiter

if you dont have a skate shop near you... and you want to actually feel it before you buy... it is sold at lowes/menards/homedepot as non-slip for stairs.

Randall

+1 on the skateboard tape. 5$ got me a piece that is 9 in x 33 in. That's what I trimmed and stuck onto my carry gun. I never had an issue with recoil retention...but sweaty hands, adrenaline, tachycardia...preparation for perspiration is always good.

The only issue I have had, and it might be the quality of the skateboard tape, is the tape starts to peel off after hitting the range usually 4-5 trips with cleaning....easy enough to re trim a new piece...if you can afford stippling I would do that. If you can't, skateboard tape away!

I use skateboard tape too. I have no problem with recoil but I like the feel of the security of having and extra grip.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back