Skewed gun rights poll needs your vote

twogunwilly

American
Give a vote to the NY daily news poll, we need a few.
Link Removed

What a loaded poll. Why isn't there an option of "Current gun laws are acceptable as is".

Damn the media. This is going to be an event that leads to the proposition and possible passage of the Assault Weapons Ban.

NY Poll

I just went to the web site and took part in the poll. The results that came up say that 64% of those taking the poll said gun rules were not strict enough while 36% said they were too strict. I voted in the latter part because I do believe that gun laws are too strict and, unfortunately, I believe they will be getting stricter due to the shooting in Arizona. Everybody is jumping on the band wagon and blaming everybody else under the sun for the idiot shooting the congresswoman and others. The liberals are using this to add fuel to the flame of their sinister plot to completely subjugate our nation. They are trying to silence the conservative media to keep their plans and actions from being exposed and to totally trash the Constitution. The liberals are saying that a rebellion is being fomented by the conservative hate speech but fail to take their share of the blame for inciting the nation to riot. The rhetortic is shameful and is doing more harm to our nation than overt physical action by some insane person who should have been instutionalized. Politicians are running scared now and wanting protection for themselves because they are afraid of being held accountable for their actions. An armed rebellion is the last thing this country needs. That will give the liberals all the ammunition they need to crush us under their heels and then our illustrious leaders can do as they want.
We are living in scary times!:help:

I voted too. It's a shame that everytime a whacko comes out the make those that carry legally look bad. Gun restriction laws will not stop those people who choose to ignore the law anyway.

Skewed gun rights poll

For what it was worth tossed in my vote. After reading the article it seems the college did the right thing by suspending him from class until he was certified by a mental health professional, however I wonder if they bothered to notify the local PD about him.

Voted and amazed that most think that Gun Rights are not strict enough. Of course, coming from a NY paper leads me to believe that they have to do something controversial. The fish mongers can only support them so much. And who says that the results are accurately posted.

Some polls aren't worthy of participation. This is one of them.

Just because they post it doesn't mean you have to participate in it.

The fewer people who pay attention to it the better. Exercise some self-restraint.

Some polls aren't worthy of participation. This is one of them.

Just because they post it doesn't mean you have to participate in it.

The fewer people who pay attention to it the better. Exercise some self-restraint.

The fact of the matter is the people who do participate in these polls will be the ones clambering for tighter gun control laws and when they get the attention of the elected officials then what?

I live in a frigging assbackwards state (MA) with gun laws that make no sense now and are confusing and restrictive to the point of making the gun owner a criminal by default by the mere fact he/she owns one!!! DO you think things will get better?
And when the legislation is enacted and they strip us of out rights what will you do?

Poll Results:

Thank you for voting.

What do you think of current gun laws in the United States?
Current laws are too strict. Any infringement upon gun owners' rights is an infringement upon the 2nd amendment. 32%
Current laws are not strict enough. We need to regulate access to deadly weapons. 67%
Not sure. 0%

Yea, keep supporting restrictive legislation and that is what you will get...

The fact of the matter is the people who do participate in these polls will be the ones clambering for tighter gun control laws and when they get the attention of the elected officials then what?

I live in a frigging assbackwards state (MA) with gun laws that make no sense now and are confusing and restrictive to the point of making the gun owner a criminal by default by the mere fact he/she owns one!!! DO you think things will get better?
And when the legislation is enacted and they strip us of out rights what will you do?

Poll Results:

Thank you for voting.

What do you think of current gun laws in the United States?
Current laws are too strict. Any infringement upon gun owners' rights is an infringement upon the 2nd amendment. 32%
Current laws are not strict enough. We need to regulate access to deadly weapons. 67%
Not sure. 0%

Yea, keep supporting restrictive legislation and that is what you will get...

The problem is that the way the poll is phrased, it is going to come out 2/3rds in favor of stricter control. Adding to the the absolute number of participants is just giving credibility to the poll.

The problem is that the way the poll is phrased, it is going to come out 2/3rds in favor of stricter control. Adding to the the absolute number of participants is just giving credibility to the poll.

Ignoring the warning is dangerous.

Yes, the poll is a pile of useless monkey shite, but in the wake of the latest incident that poll and others could be indicative of what is to come... That is what I fear. It will become a battle with some willing to concede bits and pieces of what they consider reasonable restrictions for perceived yet non existing gains...

No thanks...

I decided not to vote the enemy must be taken out..... Words spoken form Obama. If they bring a knife you bring a gun...what leader of this Rebublic. Can anyone say Communist????

Too strict was my vote.....On a side note. When I was applying for my permit, 2 Sheriffs came to my house and interviewed me first, and then my wife separately. She was asked questions like how much do I drink, was I abusive, do I have any mental issues, would she feel safe with me having a gun in the house. And all my references were also contacted and interviewed. What are Arizona's rules for gun ownership? Can you just walk in to a gun store and buy one?
My interview took place in my living room, so the Sheriff obviously could see the way I lived. I am sure a lot can be learned about a person from seeing their home surroundings. I have no shrines, and worship only GOD! PEACE!
How could the parents not be disturbed by the shrine in their yard with the SKULL on top, what is wrong with them, why would they allow this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back