Signs of the End of the Age & The Last Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's all well and good if the physical brain wasn't a factor in the way we behave. When our soul leaves our body, does it retain the effects the body has on it? No? Then how is that the same person. Our personality is partially based on the chemical makeup of the brain. It's not the single hole you have here that makes me athiest. It's when you add up all the inconsistencies. You never have any good answers to them. Just more mumbo jumbo that dig you deeper into the BS pit. BTW you still have said why a parent wouldn't sacrifice their own eternal life to secure their child's spot in heaven?

"It is appointed unto men to die once, and after this the judgment"
(Hebrews 9:27)

~ An Atheist's Only Hope Is That There Is No Afterlife, Their Greatest Fear Is That There Is ~

We know he has the time to "pay me back" since he ignores children around the world that have horrendous diseases and ailments? At least they suffer and die with knowledge that they are going to heaven, right? Just how does a soul that was never tested deserve to go straight to heaven anyways? Seems to me like a parent that doesn't want their children to go to hell would kill them so as to use this loophole. This body is only temporary after all. Why not send them straight to heaven for their ETERNAL life of happiness?

As usual, you are completely backwards in your thinking about God "paying you back." God does not "pay back." Any punishment you might receive in the next life will not be anything but you voluntarily choosing not to accept the Lord as your Savior. Your choice, not His. He gives one every opportunity to change. Jesus Christ gave His life to atone for your sins and keep you from receiving punishment. All you have to do is accept Him as your Savior and believe. Not a hard requirement, is it? Your ridiculous argument about killing children to keep their souls from going to hell is stupidity to the Nth degree. As I said before, going to hell is YOUR choice, you have to voluntarily reject God and the atonement by the death of Jesus. Individual choice or "free will."

Hosea 4:6King James Version (KJV)

6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

2 Timothy 2:15King James Version (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
K

Here are a couple of passages of Scripture that might help you to understand that God does love us all and doesn't want any to perish. We all suffer in this world with one thing or another. Bad things do happen to good people but we can't answer why, neither can we blame God. Read old son, read while you have time. None of us know what tomorrow will bring.

You might want to let Loyd know that. He seems to think there IS payback.
In case the minions of Satan think they will escape God's payback, they need to understand that His hatred of sin, His strict justice, and His faithfulness to His threatening's as well as His promises, demands that He carry out His vengeance... in His timing and in His way. The Lord has declared that "the day of their disaster is at hand, and their doom hurries to meet them". The measure of the sin of persecutors is filling up, when this is fulfilled, God will send tribulation to those who trouble them, and unbroken happiness and rest to those that are troubled. It's not for us to understand how or when God will exact His vengeance. It is enough to know that there will be a reckoning one day soon... and those who have been deceived by Satan will receive their due.

As usual, you are completely backwards in your thinking about God "paying you back." God does not "pay back." Any punishment you might receive in the next life will not be anything but you voluntarily choosing not to accept the Lord as your Savior.

So you are saying that this god of yours sends people to hell simply for not self-deluding themselves into believing in it?

Guess it is not surprising you would think like that, another group of people that you choose to hate for no other reason than they have different views. After all you have made it very clear you also hate people based on who the happen to love. You are one sick puppy..

And it is not an act of volunteering or not, it is a rational choice based on reason, and the utter lack of reason to go down the rabbit hole of imaginary demons and irrational concepts, that is religion. I assume you love your wife, for reason, but do you think you could "force" yourself to love someone who where there is not connection or feelings, even out of the irrational fear you keep espousing as a reason.

So you are saying that this god of yours sends people to hell simply for not self-deluding themselves into believing in it?

Guess it is not surprising you would think like that, another group of people that you choose to hate for no other reason than they have different views. After all you have made it very clear you also hate people based on who the happen to love. You are one sick puppy..

And it is not an act of volunteering or not, it is a rational choice based on reason, and the utter lack of reason to go down the rabbit hole of imaginary demons and irrational concepts, that is religion. I assume you love your wife, for reason, but do you think you could "force" yourself to love someone who where there is not connection or feelings, even out of the irrational fear you keep espousing as a reason.

There you go again, spouting BS instead of truth. But, if one is ignorant of the Bible, it is easy to see how you could reach that conclusion. I think the delusion is on your part, just as you think it is on our part.

You are throwing homosexuality into your argument again. You know our stance on it and the Biblical stance against it. Regardless of your thoughts, there isn't the hate there that you seem to dwell on. It is the gays who are thumbing their noses at God's law but the hate is towards us for pointing that fact out. Do we except it? No, we choose to follow God's law rather than secular ways, consequently, the hate is more so against us for not accepting their deviancy. You can put it into whatever words you may care but we will not accept the active homosexual life style. If you, they, or whoever chooses to endorse it, so be it, but you can't complain when you find out different.

For all of your complaints about religion, all you are doing is quoting Karl Marx with his statement about religion being the opiate of the people. He considered religion only to be an illusion of happiness but, true happiness would be the elimination of religion. He also considered it to be a useful tool at times when dealing with the people. So your comments are nothing new and your redundant comments indicates to me that the problem here is yours, not ours.

You obviously do not understand that we do have a connection with God in our faith. We have all been called by God and have gladly accepted His call and the atonement offered for our sins by Jesus Christ. Maybe that is a little over your head but we understand it and find comfort in it. I do hope you find that understanding some day but, don't wait too long, the opportunity for change can be withdrawn.

There you go again, spouting BS instead of truth. But, if one is ignorant of the Bible, it is easy to see how you could reach that conclusion. I think the delusion is on your part, just as you think it is on our part.
I'm not the one confused, YOU said I would be punished for not somehow forcing myself to believe in your fairy tale god. I just clarified how absurd that is.

You are throwing homosexuality into your argument again. You know our stance on it and the Biblical stance against it. Regardless of your thoughts, there isn't the hate there that you seem to dwell on.
Where do your get the rational that I will be punished for not believing, your bible, right? Where do your get the rational that you have the right to deny some people happiness based on who they love, your bible, right? Did you notice a common denominator there?

For all of your complaints about religion, all you are doing is quoting Karl Marx with his statement about religion being the opiate of the people. He considered religion only to be an illusion of happiness but, true happiness would be the elimination of religion. He also considered it to be a useful tool at times when dealing with the people. So your comments are nothing new and your redundant comments indicates to me that the problem here is yours, not ours.
And he was right. Religion was born in times of great fear because of ignorance, then a few men learned to use that fear based ignorance as a useful tool to manipulate the masses, without reason, just spew the same old fear based ignorance. And you still repeat the same redundant ignorance by rote thousands of years later. No sir, that is your problem, but it threatens all of us.

You obviously do not understand that we do have a connection with God in our faith.
DING DING DING, we have a winner, I have the ability to separate fantasy from reality....

Noted you didn't answer the question I posed in the previous post:
Do you think you could "force" yourself to love someone where there is not connection or feelings, even out of the irrational fear you keep espousing as a reason? What kind of threats would it take to "force" you to love someone you don't love? Burning in a lake of fire for eternity? That is the same rational religion uses to "persuade" me to believe, punishment in the afterlife.... how utterly desperate and proof fear is all you have to persuade someone to believe.

"Do you think you could "force" yourself to love someone where there is not connection or feelings, even out of the irrational fear you keep espousing as a reason? What kind of threats would it take to "force" you to love someone you don't love? Burning in a lake of fire for eternity? That is the same rational religion uses to "persuade" me to believe, punishment in the afterlife.... how utterly desperate and proof fear is all you have to persuade someone to believe."

Just as you, no one can force me to do anything. I do, however, believe that one can be brought to love someone regardless of the irrational fear you continually reference. It seems to me that you actually do fear that God exists and the only way you can defend yourself is to deny Him and force others into your line of belief. Sorry, that ain't gonna happen! There are many who will follow you down the wide path to destruction because they are also afraid He exists and, by refusing to believe in Him, they will not have to worry about anything. Acknowledgement of His existence means they also have to acknowledge their sins and repent. Instead, they think they can hide from Him and not worry about the hereafter. They do so because they haven't studied the Bible. You can deride the Bible all you want, and give all the excuses you can think of to deny God but, in the end, you will see that He does exist and "that dusty old book" could have saved your soul. Then, let's see how you separate fantasy from reality.

Link Removed

because they are also afraid He exists
how many time will you say this and not understand that we aren't afraid of it otherwise we wouldn't be atheist. We don't have the same irrational fear as you. Get that through your thick skull.

how many time will you say this and not understand that we aren't afraid of it otherwise we wouldn't be atheist. We don't have the same irrational fear as you. Get that through your thick skull.

It's already been explained to him a number of times. He doesn't appear to be too interested in facts.

Get this through your thick skull....

"It is appointed unto men to die once, and after this the judgment"
(Hebrews 9:27)

~ An Atheist's Only Hope Is That There Is No Afterlife, Their Greatest Fear Is That There Is ~

Link Removed

Repeating the same BS over and over doesn't make me believe it anymore. Thick skulled is the person who doesn't understand that, not the person who doesn't believe fairy tales.

Except you get every bit of your argument from a book that we don't believe. Our argument comes from common sense, which apparently you don't believe in.

Sancho: You can proffer any argument you want but common sense is not an attribute that you possess. You haven't the ability as yet to give a good reason why you don't believe in God other than to say that you don't believe in the Bible. You are only copying words of others who, according to the Bible, are in serious danger of losing their souls. Even if you don't believe in the Bible, borrow one and read II Cor. 4:3-4. "But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them."

Notice the passage said "to those who are perishing." Are you including yourself in that group? I would strongly suggest you study that passage very thoroughly before you make a definite decision against God.

Apparently you can't read either. I put up questions that you have no reasonable answer for, or refuse outright to. Put all these together and you have my reasons. Just because you don't have the mental capacity see what we see doesn't mean they're not valid. More Bible quotes isn't an argument in my eyes. You might as well be quoting Harry Potter.

Except you get every bit of your argument from a book that we don't believe. Our argument comes from common sense, which apparently you don't believe in.

Our belief comes from the God that made the universe and you. where does yours come from maggot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back