Should people be required to know concealed carry laws before getting a permit?

Does your definition of "freedom of speech" include "falsely shouting fire in a crowded theater"? ABSOLUTELY, BECAUSE YOU DO HAVE THAT RIGHT, ALL OF US DO.... WHAT YOU DONT HAVE IS THE RIGHT TO USE FREEDOM OF SPEECH AS AN EXCUSE TO GET OUT OF THE CONSEQUENCES OF WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU USE THAT RIGHT.... IT ISNT THAT HARD TO COMPREHEND THIS STUFF, ARE YOU REALLY WANTING US TO BELIEVE YOU ARE THIS DENSE NOT TO KNOW THESE THINGS? Does your definition of "freedom of religion" include the right to treat a child with diabetes with faith healing instead of insulin? AGAIN, YES... GOT ANY EXAMPLES THAT ACTUALLY HAVE ANY MERIT OR MAKE ANY SENSE? does your definition of the right to bear arms include the right "to possess any weapon at any time by any person in any place"? AS LONG AS THEY ARE DEEMED SAFE TO RELEASE OUT INTO PUBLIC, YES, ABSOLUTELY, HAVENT WE BEEN THROUGH THIS 4 OR 5 TIMES BEFORE? WHY DO YOU KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS MONTH AFTER MONTH????

If so, where did you get those definitions from? FROM THE ACTUAL WORDS/WORDING OF THE BOR..... WHAT THE EFFING HEII DO YOU THINK SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED MEANS???? You just make them up? LIKE YOU MAKE UP NON-EXISTING EXCEPTIONS TO INFRINGE ON THINGS THAT SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED????

Because the system created by our founders has determined that those definitions are not correct.

THE SYSTEM? YOU MEAN THE ONE THAT HAS GONE SO FAR BEYOND WHAT IT ISNT ALLOWED TO DO THAT IDIOTS THINK IT IS OK AND DEFEND IT AND FIGHT FOR IT BECAUSE THAT IS THE WAY THEIR CHILDISH IMAGINATION THINKS IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE?

i DONT THINK THEIR IS ANYONE QUITE AS IGNORANT AS YOU AND STENGUN ON THIS FORUM, OH WAIT, I FORGOT SR9.....

That all you have? No actual rebuttal to the TRUTH I posted? Oh, I know, you dont want any more of your lies and ignorance to show.... Got it.

Your nonsense is not worthy of an intellectual response...and your rambling rants are not "truth" - they are nothing but your insanity expressing itself.

Your nonsense is not worthy of an intellectual response...and your rambling rants are not "truth" - they are nothing but your insanity expressing itself.

Then you sir, don't understand English, or for that matter, you don't understand language of which English is but a subset.

Words and phrases in our Constitution don't have a any omnipresent and detached meanings.

And you are not the person the founders chose to determine the definitions and meanings of phrases like "infringed" and "the right to bear arms", both of which need meaning and context before they can be applied.

Thankfully our founders were men of intellect, not spewers of child-like rants.

I get that you hate not being the one who determines what "we the people" decide are the meaning of the words and phrases in our Constitution, but that is exactly what the founders anticipated and the reason we have jails for for people who think they are a law unto them selves.

AMENDMENT II

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

When the 2d Amendment was written, we had just fought a war for independence. People were allowed to have weapons for defense in order to remain free. There were no restrictions made in it to restrict a person to specific types of arms or any number. I would think that this provision was made for our defense, when needed, and the welfare of all. All kinds of claims are (and have been) made since then to restrict ownership of weapons for various reasons, principally it would seem, to prevent the general populace from going against a tyrannical government. This has been a principal reason for safeguarding our right to own weapons. Since it began, many attempts have been made to bastardize the amendment and to do away with that most basic of our rights. Thus far, saner minds have prevailed and we have not been completely stripped of the ability to have a weapon for our personal defense, hunting or strictly recreational purposes. As so many of the posters or quotes have said, "A man with a gun is a citizen. A person without a gun is a slave." That might not be an exact quote but it does convey the proper thought. There are too many restrictions on gun ownership right now. Wacko groups are trying to impose more restrictions and I just read where a member of the legal "elite" is saying that the 2d Amendment should be done away with. If we don't stand up and fight any more efforts to strip us of our weapons, we will go down the same road as Great Britain and Australia. Problem is, so many gun owners today are reluctant to stand up and be counted. Too many have been emasculated by the fear of an over reaching government.

By the way "infringed" means to transgress; violate; to defeat; or invalidate. Most of us know the definition and can see how it is being applied today to the 2d Amendment.

And WITF makes you think I would EVER have to go to court about it????? Project your fears much? Man up and grow a pair, and STOP thinking others are ******* like yourself...

Actually all you have to do is have your gun in the wrong place, or carry into the wrong state, and you will find yourself in court, and if you are not willing, they have handcuffs and shackles to ensure your presence in court. Good people find themselves in courtrooms all the time.

Actually all you have to do is have your gun in the wrong place, or carry into the wrong state, and you will find yourself in court, and if you are not willing, they have handcuffs and shackles to ensure your presence in court. Good people find themselves in courtrooms all the time.
A real MAN with the guts to stand up for what they believe in even if it means they will die doing so never end up in courts......

A wimpy metrosexual neutered puzzy of an excuse for a male will ridicule someone willing to stand up for what he believes in, just like YOU have done in the past... and are very likely planning on doing once again...

Que the panty wetting bs in 3, 2, 1......

If YOU arent willing to stand up for your RIGHT that the 2nd Amendment DENIES the Govt (ANY of them) from touching, even if it means you may DIE dong so, all you are is a poser, a wannabe supporter, someone who is wanting someone else to fight their battles for them...

If you believe that the "courts" are something that arent 100% BIASED TO THE GOVT'S SIDE, and that you can get an actual FAIR trial, and win fighting with only the SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, which if you are really honest and have half a brain cell, YOU KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT that the 2nd means EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS... and ANY law that infringes on it is 100% unconstitutional AND NOT VALID AT ALL, then what can you do other than stand and fight?

What circumstances are going to get YOU off your butt and actually do something besides ridicule those willing to die for their beliefs? The SAME BELIEFS YOU CLAIM YOU HAVE (that you support the 2nd Amendent)? If you do NOT believe the 2nd means you are legal (remember that supreme law of the land?) to carry any arm in any way you want anywhere you want, as long as you arent infringing on someone elses rights while doing so, then you ARE NOT AN ACTUAL SUPPORTER OF THE 2ND AMENDMENT.....

Do I want to die? no, absolutely not.... Do I want to have to shoot someone? No, absolutely not... Am I willing to die or even end up killing someone when I have no other choice besides caving in and NOT standing up for what I believe is right? ABSOLUTELY......

If YOU arent willing to die for your beliefs, then turn in your man card and go away, we do not need you, nor do we want your sniveling little excuses anymore.... Leave the adults to do what needs done...

I find your cowardice sickening. I suppose if an active shooter was down people in a restaurant you would let them be slaughtered lest you risk ending up in handcuffs for defending them. I suggest you sell any guns you have and hire a real man to protect them. My rates are reasonable.

A real MAN with the guts to stand up for what they believe in even if it means they will die doing so never end up in courts......

A wimpy metrosexual neutered puzzy of an excuse for a male will ridicule someone willing to stand up for what he believes in, just like YOU have done in the past... and are very likely planning on doing once again...

Amen. A-freakin'-men. I agree 1,000,000,000.

Dealing with the existing definitions of those terms is not stifling opinion. There is a difference between a person who claims the definition of the right to bear arms should include the right to own any weapon at any time in any place by any person but recognizes that existing law does not so provide, and the person who claims that is the existing definition.
Understood that certain restrictions can be put on those rights as well as the right to freedom of expression. Yesterday a liberal friend told me the second amendment guarantees the right to own a musket, and that's it. I responded that she was not free to write her blog as her first amendment freedom was limited to the feather pen. I'm a strict constructionist but don't believe in these narrow and simple definitions. I don't see the constitution as a living document subject to constant petition and redefinition pursuant to the current mindset. This especially since our supreme court justices are legislating from the bench.

So if you find yourself stopped in a state like NJ, NY, MD you prefer to go out in a gun battle with the cops.... good luck with that.... Liberals will hold you in high esteem as they use you to further their cause against gun ownership.

So if you find yourself stopped in a state like NJ, NY, MD you prefer to go out in a gun battle with the cops.... good luck with that.... Liberals will hold you in high esteem as they use you to further their cause against gun ownership.

Translation: I, XD40, am a wimp and would NEVER stand up for what I believe in..... I ridicule and talk bad about others who choose not to be a wimp like me so I can "feel" better about myself and the little girl I have chosen to be...

Translation: I, XD40, am a wimp and would NEVER stand up for what I believe in..... I ridicule and talk bad about others who choose not to be a wimp like me so I can "feel" better about myself and the little girl I have chosen to be...

Send me a selfie of you standing in Times Square with your gun on your belt, holding a 2A rights sign..... then we'll talk. There is a difference between standing for one's convictions and just being to the bone stupid.

The wise man his picks battles, big enough to matter, small enough to win.

Send me a selfie of you standing in Times Square with your gun on your belt, holding a 2A rights sign..... then we'll talk. There is a difference between standing for one's convictions and just being to the bone stupid.

The wise man his picks battles, big enough to matter, small enough to win.

I stand up for my rights every day, everywhere I go. I dont live in New York, but if I ever go there, I WILL BE ARMED.... I do not have to hold up a sign to be standing up for my rights.... Why do you keep trying to say stupid crap like that? The very effing thing you are trying to challenge me to do is what anyone with an effing brain cell would call "bone stupid".. yet YOU THINK you are somehow smarter and have "gotten me" or "cornered me" into somehow if I dont do something bone stupid, that I am somehow now bone stupid? We all know who the "bone stupid" one here is, and it darn sure isnt me....

Get a clue, and a backbone, and STOP RIDICULING people for having higher convictions than yourself. Go back to licking your masters shoes and leave the real men alone.

Nogods, well done. You really stirred up a hornets nest here. There's really a simple answer. Yes. Personally, I'm all for gun control. Criminals, mentally unstable, and idiots should not have guns. Simple. Now if someone thinks it's okay to get a gun and not have to know the applicable laws, they're an idiot. Therefore they shouldn't be allowed to have a gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nogods, well done. You really stirred up a hornets nest here. There's really a simple answer. Yes. Personally, I'm all for gun control. Criminals, mentally unstable, and idiots should not have guns. Simple. Now if someone thinks it's okay to get a gun and not have to know the applicable laws, they're an idiot. Therefore they shouldn't be allowed to have a gun.

Yeah, this site doesn't have very many true 2nd Amendment warriors participating. You should get along just fine here.
Eyeroll_Icon_by_FantasyFreak_FanGirl.gif

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back