Should I apply for the permit or not worth it?

nicecars110

I live in Maryland. ( BAD state, we all know, sucks :(-

I have a business that carry cash deposit and buy from wholesellers cash too so we get good discounts if paid cash. So we carry large cash.
I got letter and proof from bank too that we have over 1 million dollars continuously deposits in 2013. Lady at the permit unit when I called said, "you should be approved as a business owner, just send the application in with bank letter proof"

Well, question is: will my info stay safe with them?
Some people say, don't send them application and no worth it because: They may get suspicious ( State police permit unit) and saying why you are carry too much cash and making large cash deposits and withdraws in cash and want to dig into you and give you big headache and see what you doing.

I am not doing anything wrong or shady and pay my business taxes but I don't really have time to deal with lawyers and get my own money back!

What do you think?

move away from a state that places absurd hurdles for people who are just trying to exercise their rights

I recommend Carrying at all times, regardless.

As a retired Deputy Sheriff my retirement qualifies me to carry concealed in my state. However, if this were not the case, I would still carry with or without a permit. My life is worth it. Crime is up, violent attacks are up, gangs in my area number 27 and protecting myself plus my family is important enough to be ready to take action IF NECESSARY. The much used cliche' "It's better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6." is appropriate. No one knows I'm carrying until I draw my gun. I won't ever draw my gun UNLESS I absolutely have to do so.

It is our right as an American citizen to protect our lives & property as guaranteed by the Constitution. I'll fight the government, the liberals & the establishment if I have to defend myself. I will also make sure that my defense is fatal to anyone who would try to make me a victim. I get to live while they will never commit another crime on anyone in the community. This is my civic duty as a responsible member of the community.

I believe we all should be carrying because of what was said by Robert Heinlein: "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

It's a chance I'm willing to take to keep safe & prepared.

This is what I said in my reply to you when you asked it before. Hopefully you'll read the posts in this thread this time and not post the same question again.

I have an online business and people also come over and pay cash for local pick up. I buy my inventory from wholeseller in cash because they give good discount if I pay cash. Our purchase of cash each time is above 10k so we have to carry cash.

I also make deposit and withdraw cash too large amounts. I live in Maryland. I called the Permit Unit and the lady said, you should be able to get your CCW permit as a business owner and just send the application.

I also got a letter from bank confirming continuously deposits and withdraws for year of 2013. And also saying total deposits for year of 2013 is above 1 million dollars. They are also stating a couple of random deposits and withdraw amounts in different dates as Maryland Permit unit wants to see them.

What are my chances are getting approved?

Fairly good if you have that much evidence of carrying cash for your business.

MD sucks, its gun permit system sucks, and don't be surprised if you are denied at first. You will just have to appeal it.

As a retired Deputy Sheriff my retirement qualifies me to carry concealed in my state. However, if this were not the case, I would still carry with or without a permit. My life is worth it. Crime is up, violent attacks are up, gangs in my area number 27 and protecting myself plus my family is important enough to be ready to take action IF NECESSARY. The much used cliche' "It's better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6." is appropriate. No one knows I'm carrying until I draw my gun. I won't ever draw my gun UNLESS I absolutely have to do so.

It is our right as an American citizen to protect our lives & property as guaranteed by the Constitution. I'll fight the government, the liberals & the establishment if I have to defend myself. I will also make sure that my defense is fatal to anyone who would try to make me a victim. I get to live while they will never commit another crime on anyone in the community. This is my civic duty as a responsible member of the community.

I believe we all should be carrying because of what was said by Robert Heinlein: "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

It's a chance I'm willing to take to keep safe & prepared.

If you are retired LEO you can carry in any state based on HR-218.

Please don't suggest that folks carry concealed with or without a 'permit' to do so where necessary. You are conspiring to commit a felony for one thing. If nothing else you are giving poor advice. If one cannot qualify for a "permit" to carry concealed, one does not deserve nor want to carry concealed. I am good in about 35 states, give or take. You can bet that I keep abreast of concealed carry laws in EVERY state I travel through or stay in.... and follow them to the letter of the law. Fact is, those states that do not recognize the permits that I have or do not permit concealed carry at all? I simply avoid them. I don't even depend on LEOSA as many states use LEOSA as an affirmative defense only.

MY ADVICE? Don't screw around. Life as a convicted felon, I hear, can be pretty darned miserable. And I don't relish the thought of Bubba checking me out.

I cannot fathom what has happened to this board since I last visited. I can only think............

Please don't suggest that folks carry concealed with or without a 'permit' to do so where necessary. You are conspiring to commit a felony for one thing.

Please don't post BS information. If you don't know what the law says, maybe you should refrain from commenting on it:
RCW 9.41.050: Carrying firearms.

RCW 9.41.050
Carrying firearms.

(1)(a) Except in the person's place of abode or fixed place of business, a person shall not carry a pistol concealed on his or her person without a license to carry a concealed pistol.

(b) Every licensee shall have his or her concealed pistol license in his or her immediate possession at all times that he or she is required by this section to have a concealed pistol license and shall display the same upon demand to any police officer or to any other person when and if required by law to do so. Any violation of this subsection (1)(b) shall be a class 1 civil infraction under chapter 7.80 RCW and shall be punished accordingly pursuant to chapter 7.80 RCW and the infraction rules for courts of limited jurisdiction.

(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

(b) A violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor.

(3)(a) A person at least eighteen years of age who is in possession of an unloaded pistol shall not leave the unloaded pistol in a vehicle unless the unloaded pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

(b) A violation of this subsection is a misdemeanor.

(4) Nothing in this section permits the possession of firearms illegal to possess under state or federal law.

So, in Washington state...where is this felony or conspiring to commit a felony for carrying a concealed firearm without a permit that you speak of?

You can bet that I keep abreast of concealed carry laws in EVERY state I travel through or stay in.... and follow them to the letter of the law.

That must be hard, having to unload your gun and lock it up on public property within 1000' of school premises in any state that you don't have a license issued by that state...you know, following the letter of the law and all....might want to look up 18 USC 922 (q)(2), commonly known as the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act. I would be willing to bet you have violated that Federal law more times than any of us can count.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/922

I'd say in Maryland, you'd have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting a CCW Permit. very few are actually issued in this "will issue" state. You'd probably have to sue the state and take it to the State Supreme Court. Good luck.

Please don't suggest that folks carry concealed with or without a 'permit' to do so where necessary. You are conspiring to commit a felony for one thing. If nothing else you are giving poor advice. If one cannot qualify for a "permit" to carry concealed, one does not deserve nor want to carry concealed. I am good in about 35 states, give or take. You can bet that I keep abreast of concealed carry laws in EVERY state I travel through or stay in.... and follow them to the letter of the law. Fact is, those states that do not recognize the permits that I have or do not permit concealed carry at all? I simply avoid them. I don't even depend on LEOSA as many states use LEOSA as an affirmative defense only.

MY ADVICE? Don't screw around. Life as a convicted felon, I hear, can be pretty darned miserable. And I don't relish the thought of Bubba checking me out.

I cannot fathom what has happened to this board since I last visited. I can only think............

Since I don't have any memory of seeing your user name before, I looked at your posting history. The "last time" you visited before the last day or two was back in July, '13. Not all that long ago really, but anyway, I stumbled upon one post that is confusing to me in light of the above post:

Face it. The Constitution is approaching its demise. And it began with the re-election of Obama; sad thing is that the Country is letting it happen And the Morons that
re-elected him are oblivious. I pray that he is not pushing the USA towards civil war. As far fetched As that may Seem.
God Bless America.
Semper Fi

It's not confusing because I disagree with it really, though I would put the blame for the beginning of the demise about 150 years further back than the Obammunist (that would be the Lincoln Administration for anyone not wanting to do the math). What's confusing to me is how strictly you implore people to abide by the law in this post compared to how unequivocal you were in the July post that the Constitution is all but dead. If the Constitution has been as usurped as you (correctly, IMO) claim, then none of the laws that you encourage everyone to follow to the letter are legitimate, right?

This is the conundrum for Patriots to the Constitution who happen to have chosen the avocation of LEO. These days, you simply can't be both, at least not while maintaining legitimacy with both groups. There are varying degrees of fealty to the precepts of both groups, and I suppose that someone who's a little "squishy" about the ideology of either or both sides could consider themselves loyal to both sides. That's the kind of indecisiveness that will get one killed though.

The Constitution being in the dire state she is, it's time to pick a side. The precepts contained within the Constitution are as faded in the minds of those holding power and authority over the citizenry as the text of the document itself:

img_2500.jpg

That's a picture that I took of a parchment copy of the Constitution the last time I was in DC. The original is even more faded than that. The visual was so obviously a metaphor for what is actually happening in this country that it makes the point better than anything I could say.

If the Constitution still holds a place in the hearts of Patriots, current law simply cannot hold as high a place.

Defy. Resist. Evade. Smuggle. It should be the New Normal for Patriots. Free men don't ask permission of their government(s) to be free.

Blues

Holy crap. Just when I was about to "agree" with most of your post, you end it like a jerk.
I don't know how long you've been "on vacation" from this forum but you do seem to be a tad oblivious as to why "we" seem so....upset.
Let me fill you in on some stuff....just in case you missed it...

The government is filled with vile, overbearing tools who all have a God complex......
And oh yeah......
They want to do everything in their power to strip us of our right to OWN, not just carry, guns...
Then there's the "warrior cops" who like no knock raids and "shootin folk" for no just cause...
There ya go! I hope I have brought you up to speed on what you've missed since your last visit! :)

Once more.... With feeling!

Link Removed

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

I don't disagree; all I am saying is to carry concealed without a permit is asking for grief. I do not believe, according to the 2A that a permit is even necessary, but as long as the courts say they want to see one, that's what I am going to do.

OTOH, the reason that 2A was put into the constitution IMHO had much to do with having a means to battle an oppressive government and nothing more. OK, perhaps the ability of the government to raise a standing militia quickly.... but, are we making headway or are we losing ground here? It seems to me from what I am seeing that we are making some headway.

Deal with the oppressive government when it is time to deal with an oppressive government and not before.

And if you are trolling, please stop. It's annoying.

And as far as how often I visit? That really depends on how interesting the material is. This board has become a haven for trolls, shaved heads and such. And simply inserting "semper fi" means nothing to me. You have to have walked the walk, not just read it in the comic book collection , right?

Semper fi. Where'd you serve?

I don't disagree; all I am saying is to carry concealed without a permit is asking for grief. I do not believe, according to the 2A that a permit is even necessary, but as long as the courts say they want to see one, that's what I am going to do.

OTOH, the reason that 2A was put into the constitution IMHO had much to do with having a means to battle an oppressive government and nothing more. OK, perhaps the ability of the government to raise a standing militia quickly.... but, are we making headway or are we losing ground here? It seems to me from what I am seeing that we are making some headway.

Deal with the oppressive government when it is time to deal with an oppressive government and not before.

And if you are trolling, please stop. It's annoying.

And as far as how often I visit? That really depends on how interesting the material is. This board has become a haven for trolls, shaved heads and such. And simply inserting "semper fi" means nothing to me. You have to have walked the walk, not just read it in the comic book collection , right?

Semper fi. Where'd you serve?

To whom is your last question addressed? I don't see where anyone but you inserted the words "Semper fi," which I likewise don't see where anyone questioned or criticized your use of the highly-respected sign of a Marine.

You should learn how to use the "Reply With Quote" function. It would make exchanges much easier to follow and/or intelligently reply to.

Blues

I wish HR-218 were that liberal, however, LEO's are required to qualify for HR-218 certification by their department & carry proof of it with their retirement credentials/CCW. I haven't taken the time to do this for a variety of reasons the first of which is the 2nd Amendment. These laws are unconstitutional, IMHO and I won't abide by them. No one knows I carry UNLESS I have to defend myself, which in several decades of retirement I have not had to do. I don't draw unless there is no other option and the use of deadly force is the only option.

torontogunguy,

There is NO conspiracy here. We were asked for opinions & recommendations. I gave mine. You're entitled to yours as well. I am in preparation mode for what appears to be coming upon America when there will be no life as we know it today. I've seen a lot in my many decades of life, what we have now is tyranny being allowed by the people who lack any common sense or sanity. We are possibly heading for WWW III with all that our current POTUS has done in his 5 years in office. Russia and other enemies have lost respect and fear of America thanks to this administration.

Patriotic Americans have lost confidence and trust with this POTUS as well. His disrespect for our Constitution can easily lead to a civil war. If that takes place, the rules are no longer valid. The laws are those of a tyrannical dictatorship which I will fight with every resource I have or will obtain. Bubba can come check me out anytime he wants because I know how to deal with him/them.

I live in Maryland. ( BAD state, we all know, sucks :(-

I have a business that carry cash deposit and buy from wholesellers cash too so we get good discounts if paid cash. So we carry large cash.
I got letter and proof from bank too that we have over 1 million dollars continuously deposits in 2013. Lady at the permit unit when I called said, "you should be approved as a business owner, just send the application in with bank letter proof"

Well, question is: will my info stay safe with them?
Some people say, don't send them application and no worth it because: They may get suspicious ( State police permit unit) and saying why you are carry too much cash and making large cash deposits and withdraws in cash and want to dig into you and give you big headache and see what you doing.

I am not doing anything wrong or shady and pay my business taxes but I don't really have time to deal with lawyers and get my own money back!

What do you think?

Doing a cash business without proper documentation and very precise records is illegal in most states. I hope you have all your i's dotted and your t's crossed bud. I'm not making any accusations, just throwing that out there for consideration.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back