Shooting at Trader World Gunstore and Range, SC

Saw on the news tonite that there was a shooting at the range I frequent in North Charleston. No details yet, just film rolling from across the street with the parking lot yellow taped off and a bunch of patrol cars. Nice little store and an adequate indoor range.

I'm hoping it wasn't anything more than a bullet hitting the floor or the ceiling. Not even sure if it was the range or the store that had the problem.

KK

Reports so far is it was on the range, accidental, and the victim is not exactly in great shape. Hope their situation improves.

Link Removed

Is it me? Or does it seem like there are more of these 'incidents" hitting the news than in recent history?

Maybe mandatory training and aptitude skills testing should be a regular part of gun ownership.

Incidents like these always hit the news. They serve to forward the agenda of the elites who would see us disarmed. If you follow the lamestream media, you will never see reports of appropriate use of firearms.
MR

That and election time... Adds to the commotion of gun control news for those politicians who like to publicize bad gun news at the cost of law abiding safety first gun owners.

That's where I got my CWP training a number of years ago.
I chose them because they had an instructor who advertised in Grass Roots.

Haven't been there much since, but was in there a few months ago.
Trader's range side was looking rather worn.
Hope this doesn't become a reason for them to shut down the range side.

walt629:291156 said:
Is it me? Or does it seem like there are more of these 'incidents" hitting the news than in recent history?

Maybe mandatory training and aptitude skills testing should be a regular part of gun ownership.

I'm going to say its just you :) I haven't noticed an increase.

And no, they shouldn't. IMO of course.

It's been a while since I was on the range there but the last time I was in the Trader World store it was looking kind of run down. I can only imagine what the range looks like. I hope that the victim makes a good recovery.

It's been a while since I was on the range there but the last time I was in the Trader World store it was looking kind of run down. I can only imagine what the range looks like. I hope that the victim makes a good recovery.

I agree. Traders is not for me. ATP is my idea of a well run and stocked gunshop, although the degree to which they oversee that ranges leaves a little to be desired. They have video on all ranges but no one is really watching anything going on and sometimes it can raise an eyebrow. I just posted on General Firearms threads about shooting but also include my comments on the 3/27 editorial in the Post that is a complete pile of baloney written by a numbskull with no idea about what he is talking about. If someone knows how to put the editorial into forum, kindly do so.

The store has come a long way from where it used to be years ago. Not quite as nice as ATP, which is extremely overpriced IMO, but very nice anyway. Lots of stock, guns and accessories. Not much more to ask for. You should go in there and check it out. Old fashioned hospitality, unlike the sterile environment of ATP.

As far as the range, it is a little dingy but there is a guy on the other other side of the glass you have you back to while shooting. I don't see what else you could want except for a rangemaster present and even with that, you will not prevent negligence unless he just happens to see it right before it happens.

KK

Incidents like these always hit the news. They serve to forward the agenda of the elites who would see us disarmed. If you follow the lamestream media, you will never see reports of appropriate use of firearms.
MR

Funny, although not funny at all, that the above is so very obvious...

we've been talking about this on the south carolina concealed carry FB page since a lot of us are in the area. sounds like he had a jam and turned it on himself to clear it. not the brightest idea.

other note, havent been to trader's world, but use the range at ATP. that is the only thing there i will pay for b/c everythign else is overpriced. they have a lot of inventory, so it's a good place to go and get hands on a gun that another shop may have to order, but that's it. keep my buying business at East Coast.

Yes, East Coast is a great place to to buy. The staff is very cordial and will take the time to shoot the bull with you. Great bunch of guys.

KK

Yes, East Coast is a great place to to buy. The staff is very cordial and will take the time to shoot the bull with you. Great bunch of guys.

KK

got my old double barrel up there at the gun smith being taken care of. safe queen started getting some surface rust.

Article on the gentleman that accidentally shot himself at Trader's.
Victim of fatal accidental shooting identified - Charleston, SC | Breaking News, Sports, Weather

As for ATP....
Did anyone go to ATP when it was located in Goose Creek, where Chik-Fil-A and Lowes is now.
It was just a few miles down the road from me and it wasn't the prettiest.
It was closer to what Trader's World is/been...

ATP was always stocked with ammo, prices were good but the range not so much.
It was not very well ventilated or temperature controlled.
Try sighting in your rifle to cut paper at 25 yards when you can't feel your fingers.
Or practicing with your handgun when the sweat rolls in your eyes.

When ATP moved to Summerville, they made some very MAJOR investments.
Made a lot of improvements and his prices reflect his investments.

Article on the gentleman that accidentally shot himself at Trader's.
Victim of fatal accidental shooting identified - Charleston, SC | Breaking News, Sports, Weather

As for ATP....
Did anyone go to ATP when it was located in Goose Creek, where Chik-Fil-A and Lowes is now.
It was just a few miles down the road from me and it wasn't the prettiest.
It was closer to what Trader's World is/been...

ATP was always stocked with ammo, prices were good but the range not so much.
It was not very well ventilated or temperature controlled.
Try sighting in your rifle to cut paper at 25 yards when you can't feel your fingers.
Or practicing with your handgun when the sweat rolls in your eyes.

When ATP moved to Summerville, they made some very MAJOR investments.
Made a lot of improvements and his prices reflect his investments.

I imagine Arlen got a pretty penny for his property in Goose Creek when he moved. I think he put the money to good use and took it to Summerville, albeit just a few miles away.

KK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back