Shirts with 'Gun' logos on them

I don't wear gun shirts, gun hats, or carry range bags with gun company logos on them. At one point Ruger sent me a free LCP hat. I threw it away unworn. Glock included a free hat as part of some promo or other, I left it at the store. I don't have a barrel in my Glock that says 'smile, wait for flash' on the muzzle either. I have one small NRA sticker on my Jeep. None on my house. No 'Protected By Glock' or similar doormats either.

There are somethings it doesn't pay to advertise. I want the appearance of a gun in my hand in a defensive situation to be a total surprise to the assailant. I don't walk or act like a victim, but I don't advertise that I always carry a gun either.

Invisible and ordinary while alert and armed works just fine for a little old man (that would be 'lil old me).

Fitch

Got my BUG taped to my forehead, ya know, just in case..............

And OtisM.........You advertise with every post! Bless your heart.

My Grandmother used to say that "Bless their heart". But we knew that it was "code" for something quite different!

I have a neighbor who wears Concealed carry vests, Glock shirts and an NRA hat. He believes that the BG will be terrified of him and run away instead of facing him. Me, I am the Grey Man. I dress to appear deliberately average. If feel threatened, I always send Bubba inside somewhere first. I figure the BG will use up his rounds on Bubba and then I have a nice clear, safe shot. Yes, I am in favor of Gun Specific clothing, on Bubba!

I wear hats or shirts that say NRA, Glock, Springfields, etc. In my 72 years on this earth I have never been bothered or asked about them. I wear what I want, when I want, where I want.

I wear hats or shirts that say NRA, Glock, Springfields, etc. In my 72 years on this earth I have never been bothered or asked about them. I wear what I want, when I want, where I want.

Yuck, the NRA? I always giggle a bit when I see those guys. Hard earned money down the toilet.

I often wear my Bushmaster shirt while I open carry. Guess I will be targeted first!

Although, contrary to many peoples' beliefs, I have not been targeted first with my open carried gun, and not even while wearing a gun shirt! Most people dont even notice in reality.

I often wear my Bushmaster shirt while I open carry. Guess I will be targeted first!

Although, contrary to many peoples' beliefs, I have not been targeted first with my open carried gun, and not even while wearing a gun shirt! Most people dont even notice in reality.

When I conceal I wear a shirt that says "victim" or "easy target"...Just to get the point across...that's why we conceal right? ...lucky for me I open carry pretty much all the time.

the only two things i have gun related are a ruger hat and a firearm appreciation month t-shirt i got recently from another forum. ive never worn them while carrying but i have worn them in public and on my campus. i dont think its that bad of a thing to do because my opinion is many people wont even notice and even if they do it does not automatically mean you are carrying a gun on you. i feel like the fact that people around someone might be carrying a gun doesnt even cross the mind of someone who does not carry so i do not feel it makes you a target.

As a firearms instructor and dealer, I must say that I am "guilty." I wear shirts and hats that promote my business and drive a truck plastered with my business info.

Considering that it's part of my livelihood, I hope I get a little latitude on this one.

In spite of my own non-adherence, I do instruct my students to follow common-sense practice of non-advertisement... unless they want to wear one of my shirts or hats... then it's OK :)

Didn't start the thread to get into a contest to see who was right, or pick sides, just wondering. I tend to notice things around me, it is also a part of my work to do so. Personal preference for me not to advertise. Don't think it makes you a 'target' or anything. Good point on those who are obvious to their surroundings won't notice your shirt.
Thanks for the opinions / insights.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back