Sheriff appeals of gun permits for pot users

pOT IS AN ILLEGAL DRUG...PERIOD

It is an illegal drug.
It has been helping our young people do NOTHING with their lives for over 50 years. I do not support pot. I do not want pot smoking persons in my presence or on my property. It is a gateway drug to more evil drugs. I do not drink. I do not smoke. I do not tolerate drug use of any type.

for you people who admit to smoking it up...God help you...cause I ain't gonna

It is an illegal drug.
It has been helping our young people do NOTHING with their lives for over 50 years. I do not support pot. I do not want pot smoking persons in my presence or on my property. It is a gateway drug to more evil drugs. I do not drink. I do not smoke. I do not tolerate drug use of any type.

And the Lord has a seat for you in heaven because of your righteous ways, right? Your "holier than thou" attitude sickens me.

Not Holier than thou...Life experience

And the Lord has a seat for you in heaven because of your righteous ways, right? Your "holier than thou" attitude sickens me.

As a Crew Chief in The USAF I saw first hand what drug use does to our military members and the aircraft they maintain. I have the same personal policies.

I think before you bash me for my Christianity you should get to know me. After that bash away.

I have seen families destroyed by drugs and alcohol also it ain't gonna happen to mine.

As a Crew Chief in The USAF I saw first hand what drug use does to our military members and the aircraft they maintain. I have the same personal policies.

I think before you bash me for my Christianity you should get to know me. After that bash away.

I have seen families destroyed by drugs and alcohal also it ain't gonna happen to mine.

Most people who smoke marijuana don't "abuse" it. The current laws regarding it are the same as prohibition. It's a stupid tax money waster that ultimately doesn't solve anything. Marijuana is not a "gateway drug." People who choose to move on to higher drugs have other problems, not because they can't seem to get their fix from weed. And there's more than enough proof to show that alcohol has more damaging effects on the body than alcohol. I could go on. An outright ban on marijuana makes as much sense as an outright ban on guns.

I don't think I want to get to know you. Every single self-proclaimed Christian I've ever met has been a loud-mouthed hypocrite who preaches fire and brimstone to anyone not listening to the ten commandments of the invisible man in the sky. Christians say "we are all sinners" and then proceed to condemn those who don't conform to their twisted sense of reality. Religion has been the cause of more deaths in this world than anything else. Christianity is no better. The Crusades were a power ploy by the Catholic Church to expand their disease into an otherwise peaceful people in the Middle East and prove that they were more powerful than the kings of Europe. Yes, I know Christianity all too well.

Most people who smoke marijuana don't "abuse" it. The current laws regarding it are the same as prohibition. It's a stupid tax money waster that ultimately doesn't solve anything. Marijuana is not a "gateway drug." People who choose to move on to higher drugs have other problems, not because they can't seem to get their fix from weed. And there's more than enough proof to show that alcohol has more damaging effects on the body than alcohol. I could go on. An outright ban on marijuana makes as much sense as an outright ban on guns.

I don't think I want to get to know you. Every single self-proclaimed Christian I've ever met has been a loud-mouthed hypocrite who preaches fire and brimstone to anyone not listening to the ten commandments of the invisible man in the sky. Christians say "we are all sinners" and then proceed to condemn those who don't conform to their twisted sense of reality. Religion has been the cause of more deaths in this world than anything else. Christianity is no better. The Crusades were a power ploy by the Catholic Church to expand their disease into an otherwise peaceful people in the Middle East and prove that they were more powerful than the kings of Europe. Yes, I know Christianity all too well.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Christian bashing is the only allowed civil rights violation going now. If you said what you just said about any other group, you would probably have DOJ officials knocking on your door right now. Festus mentioned nothing about his being holier than thou, just that he chooses to keep a sober mind. What a concept. Being sober is no manner saying we are holier than any one else. Nevertheless, go bash away, God has already won this and all battles which you will someday learn, hopefully early enough to get on His side of the battle.

Medical marijuana is a farce from a medical perspective. Pot is NOT a benign substance with much documented on its adverse effects. Any other drug with the adverse effects of marijuana would never be approved by the FDA for none other than the simple fact that it does not supplant much safer alternatives.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Christian bashing is the only allowed civil rights violation going now. If you said what you just said about any other group, you would probably have DOJ officials knocking on your door right now. Festus mentioned nothing about his being holier than thou, just that he chooses to keep a sober mind. What a concept. Being sober is no manner saying we are holier than any one else. Nevertheless, go bash away, God has already won this and all battles which you will someday learn, hopefully early enough to get on His side of the battle.

Medical marijuana is a farce from a medical perspective. Pot is NOT a benign substance with much documented on its adverse effects. Any other drug with the adverse effects of marijuana would never be approved by the FDA for none other than the simple fact that it does not supplant much safer alternatives.

What is your feeling on anti-depressants, medicating little kids from age five through their whole life because they are just being kids, etc? Merck and Pfizer and all those folks are just as bad as crack dealers [in this respect] in my opinion.

"I do not want pot smoking persons in my presence or on my property. It is a gateway drug to more evil drugs. I do not drink. I do not smoke. I do not tolerate drug use of any type.

/"

I DON"T SMOKE! I DON'T DRINK! There was no point in saying that other than to build himself up by knocking others down. He could have just said his views about how he didn't believe marijuana was a good drug and then left it at that. He had absolutely no reason to bring God or his own morals into this unless he was wanting to feed his own ego.

And what are you talking about? There are lots of research to prove that marijuana has benign effects.
Recent Research on Medical Marijuana - NORML
MAPS’ Medical Marijuana Research
Medical Marijuana - Master Reference

Hey, buddy. Do you want me to dig up some more for you? Do you really trust the government with anything after they managed to double the national debt in the last ten years, effectively bankrupt medicare, and continually encroach on your fundamental rights? Get a clue, dude. Go try scaring someone else with your 1984 reference that "Big Brother will come knocking on [my] door." I already know that the 1st Amendment will go as far as to protect the freedom of talking about overthrowing our own government. You fail.

"

And what are you talking about? There are lots of research to prove that marijuana has benign effects.
Recent Research on Medical Marijuana - NORML
MAPS’ Medical Marijuana Research
Medical Marijuana - Master Reference

These so called research organizations are merely front groups for stoners seeking legalization.

There research amounts to " marijuana prevents glaucoma since I smoke it several times a day and don't have glaucoma."

These are junk science, politics driven pseudo research. If they did real science, they could easily be licensed by the DEA, and find real conclusions. Since they probably know already, the data wouldn't support their motives, they don't want legit research.

Alaska, you are dead on. PM me. when you see my med center, you will totally understand where I am coming from!

-Doc

These so called research organizations are merely front groups for stoners seeking legalization.

There research amounts to " marijuana prevents glaucoma since I smoke it several times a day and don't have glaucoma."

These are junk science, politics driven pseudo research. If they did real science, they could easily be licensed by the DEA, and find real conclusions. Since they probably know already, the data wouldn't support their motives, they don't want legit research.

Alaska, you are dead on. PM me. when you see my med center, you will totally understand where I am coming from!

-Doc

Let's say marijuana causes brain cancer. If people want to do it, so what? Alcohol causes liver cirrhosis, brain damage, fetal alcohol syndrome, plenty of other things. I'm sure alcohol kills many more people that marijuana ever has, even by proxy (dui or what not). Should alcohol use ban you from owning guns?

Why do we need the government to step in?

I've never seen anyone claim smoking fixed glaucoma, however, it is true that cancer patients can smoke it and have both pain relief and appetite restored. I think that alone is a huge saving grace.

Last edited:
Marijuana and gunpowder don't mix together any better than does alcohol and gunpowder. Having said that, CCW aren't revoked or denied for having a drink. I believe that this Sheriff is using this as an excuse to deny CCW licenses. IMO.

-Doc

I think we all know how good the government's judgment is in regards to things. "No offshore drilling unless it's at least a mile deep" led to an environmental disaster that could have been easily truncated in shallower waters. "Hey, this cult in Waco, TX is about to commit mas suicide, so let's kill them before they kill themselves!"
"Hey, let's allow our taxpayers to take out a huge debt burden to bail out a bunch of corporations silly fiscal mistakes"
"Hey, let's take out even more debt to redistribute among the states. That should help our failing economy and 'save' jobs."
"Hey, let's pass a healthcare bill that not a single Republican in the House or Senate was in favor of and let's tax everyone in America who decides not to participate in the healthcare industry, which we're about to take over."
"Hey, let's take money away from doctors who take Medicare because we can't afford to pay them anymore.'
"Hey, let's borrow money from Social Security. We'll pay it back soon, right?"

You've got to be kidding me if you really trust our so-called government and anything they slap their "approved" sticker on. The only reason that marijuana is illegal is because of a smear campaign by Harry J. Anslinger and William R. Hearst because hemp could be a threat as a cheap alternative to cotton and other fibers. Marijuana was made federally illegal in 1937, and our society still had not fully gotten over the irrationality and hysteria of Prohibition. You fail.

Judge not...

Wow...I did not know I had so much power...seriously

Before you judge anyone...know the circumstances.

I do hate all illegal drugs...This is why.
My grandpa K. My dad and most of my uncles save one on my dad's side of the family are all raging alcoholics.
two of them have served hard time for substance abuse. In every case they started drinking young and smoking pot for the two substance abusers.

I joined the military to escape the bad name that they had given the family.

I watched helplessly as Airmen's careers were consumed and destroyed by drugs and alcohol. There is no room for error when dealing with a multi million dollar aircraft or the lives of the pilots who trusted you to fix it right the first time.

I watch the nightly news aghast at the horrors of the Mexican Cartels and their bid for power forcing human slaves to carry bales of marijuana and other drugs as they cross illegally northward towards our cities and our youth.

If that is hypocritical then I need a new dictionary. I have yet to bash you for your lack of faith...please don't bash me for my belief and faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God!!!!!

What is your feeling on anti-depressants, medicating little kids from age five through their whole life because they are just being kids, etc? Merck and Pfizer and all those folks are just as bad as crack dealers [in this respect] in my opinion.

I am no pediatrician, but I doubt that the old-timer's would have let any doc put their kids on such things. I certainly would never put my kids on that stuff, but what does this have to do with marijuana? BOTH are wrong.

Wow...I did not know I had so much power...seriously

Before you judge anyone...know the circumstances.

I do hate all illegal drugs...This is why.
My grandpa K. My dad and most of my uncles save one on my dad's side of the family are all raging alcoholics.
two of them have served hard time for substance abuse. In every case they started drinking young and smoking pot for the two substance abusers.

I joined the military to escape the bad name that they had given the family.

I watched helplessly as Airmen's careers were consumed and destroyed by drugs and alcohol. There is no room for error when dealing with a multi million dollar aircraft or the lives of the pilots who trusted you to fix it right the first time.

I watch the nightly news aghast at the horrors of the Mexican Cartels and their bid for power forcing human slaves to carry bales of marijuana and other drugs as they cross illegally northward towards our cities and our youth.

If that is hypocritical then I need a new dictionary. I have yet to bash you for your lack of faith...please don't bash me for my belief and faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God!!!!!

It is unfortunate that your family members succumbed to dependency, but that is a choice they made. A CHOICE. America is meant to be a land of freedoms. You're basically saying that you believe that drugs and alcohol should be banned to protect people from themselves. That's like saying that violence, sex, and other taboo appearances should be banned from TV. That's also like the liberals saying we should ban guns to prevent violence. What applies to your family does not apply to everyone. There are some people who enjoy casual consumption of alcohol and marijuana. Why should your family's and others' similar dependency problems ruin it for everyone. Who are YOU to tell people what they can do with their bodies? Personal choices are a God-given right. In the fairy tale book The Bible, God subtly gave Adam the choice of whether or not he would eat the apple. He made his own grave that way.

These are things you just can't simply ban. How about we ban cars, too? People get in accidents. How about we ban free speech? Racism has no place in today's society. And finally, how about we ban the Internet? I hear there's lots of naughty and suggestive things that your kids can look at on there.

Or how about we all grow up and take responsibility for our own actions? It's not my or anyone else's fault people get addicted to stuff.

How about we ban nailpolish remover? I hear that'll give you one heck of a buzz.

Let me tell you a story: Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall, all the kings horses and all the kings men, couldn't put Humpty back together again.

Great story, huh? Well there is no Humpty Dumpty, and there is no God.

I am no pediatrician, but I doubt that the old-timer's would have let any doc put their kids on such things. I certainly would never put my kids on that stuff, but what does this have to do with marijuana? BOTH are wrong.

Not every parent would make the choice you would make. An outright ban on a substance because it has controversial cognitive effects is not sufficient. If you make that case, you would have to ban just about everything: nailpolish remover, permanent markers, cough syrup, alcohol, paint, sleeping pills, and on and on.

Not every parent would make the choice you would make. An outright ban on a substance because it has controversial cognitive effects is not sufficient. If you make that case, you would have to ban just about everything: nailpolish remover, permanent markers, cough syrup, alcohol, paint, sleeping pills, and on and on.

First of all, you are way off topic. The subject is CCW and pot in Oregon. CCW is a privilege not a right, so if the sheriff wants to exclude potheads from CCW so be it. If you don't like that then move if you live their or don't apply for a CCW in that county. No one is talking about any bans or anything else. Get a grip man.

In addition, there is good science on why people should not have a CCW who smoke pot. It has lasting neurological effects even after stopping for several weeks. This article below will give new relevance to the term pothead:

Marijuana Use Affects Blood Flow In Brain Even After Abstinence

ScienceDaily (Feb. 13, 2005) — ST. PAUL, Minn. – People who smoked marijuana had changes in the blood flow in their brains even after a month of not smoking, according to a study published in the February 8 issue of Neurology, the scientific journal of the American Academy of Neurology.

The findings could explain in part the problems with thinking or remembering found in other studies of marijuana users, according to study authors Ronald Herning, PhD, and Jean Lud Cadet, MD, of the National Institute on Drug Abuse in Baltimore, Md.

Link Removed

It is unfortunate that your family members succumbed to dependency, but that is a choice they made. A CHOICE. America is meant to be a land of freedoms. You're basically saying that you believe that drugs and alcohol should be banned to protect people from themselves. That's like saying that violence, sex, and other taboo appearances should be banned from TV. That's also like the liberals saying we should ban guns to prevent violence. What applies to your family does not apply to everyone. There are some people who enjoy casual consumption of alcohol and marijuana. Why should your family's and others' similar dependency problems ruin it for everyone. Who are YOU to tell people what they can do with their bodies? Personal choices are a God-given right. In the fairy tale book The Bible, God subtly gave Adam the choice of whether or not he would eat the apple. He made his own grave that way.

These are things you just can't simply ban. How about we ban cars, too? People get in accidents. How about we ban free speech? Racism has no place in today's society. And finally, how about we ban the Internet? I hear there's lots of naughty and suggestive things that your kids can look at on there.

Or how about we all grow up and take responsibility for our own actions? It's not my or anyone else's fault people get addicted to stuff.

How about we ban nailpolish remover? I hear that'll give you one heck of a buzz.

Let me tell you a story: Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall, all the kings horses and all the kings men, couldn't put Humpty back together again.

Great story, huh? Well there is no Humpty Dumpty, and there is no God.

If that is your argument that you will use on judgement day, good luck.

If that is your argument that you will use on judgement day, good luck.

Yes, the glorious Armageddon. News flash: Armageddon is one of religion's biggest money-makers. Just look at the sales records of all the books and movies made about the subject. Sounds like the people preaching about it take it really seriously. Who needs money if doom is right around the corner?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back