*Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail Over Home Bible Studies*

The_Outlaw

~The Dude Abides~
We’ve told you before about government regulations hampering home Bible studies, but this story is even more pervasive, perplexing and complicated than the others. Michael Salman, who lives in Phoenix, Ariz., has been sentenced to a startling 60 days in jail, given a $12,180 fine and granted three years probation for refusing to stop hosting Bible studies at his home. Why, you ask? He‘s apparently in violation of the city’s building code laws.

Michael Salman Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail Over Home Bible Studies | Video | TheBlaze.com

wow that's going way too far! folks should be able to do whatever they want to do in their own homes so long they not hurting anyone
and americans think they are free
hahahah yea right
but it may have to do with all the cars and visitors on a regular basis ??? rather than just trying to stop christians from a bible study perhaps they should use a church or other facility that has room for parking?

Zoning rules, in this case, are to keep neighborhoods from becoming clogged with parked vehicles.

Nothing is more infuriating than not being able to park near one's own house simply because someone wants to have large activities at their homes!

There is always a subset of individuals who feel the law doesn't apply to them.

They always scream persecution when they are sanctioned!

-Doc

We use to be a free country but this is slowly going away. It is a shame. Seems to be something everyday. Sign Sign everywhere a Sign.

Zoning rules, in this case, are to keep neighborhoods from becoming clogged with parked vehicles.

Nothing is more infuriating than not being able to park near one's own house simply because someone wants to have large activities at their homes!

There is always a subset of individuals who feel the law doesn't apply to them.

They always scream persecution when they are sanctioned!

-Doc

Sorry, going to have to disagree. According to the article this guy has 4.6 acres on his property, hence plenty of parking, even if he had to park them in the back. Sounds like he's in an argument with the town and his neighbors and has a decent case, at least from the 1st article. After reading the 2nd article it looks like he could be more of a neighborhood nuisance because of his attitude and his misrepresentation of his activities. More the type to break a noise ordinance rather than zoning laws. As much as I might not like what he does with his property I respect his right to do it so long as its on his property and bit infringing on others. That's why they make fences.

i don't think it was so much about what they were doing in the house but more parking problems and neighbors having their right to park in their rightful spaces.. ......just like the zim martin case they exploded it to be a racial thing and most likly it wasn't. now here i see the media trying to divide us religiously as well as they blow up the fact if it was a fact that they were doing bible study in the house for all we know they could been having mass orgies lol .but regardless of what they were doing in the house is not the issue at all yet the media will plant seeds of prejudiced and fear by making it about something had nothing to do with why they were stopped from gathering at that home,for whatever reason they gathered doesn't even matter! ...... take not a grain of salt but the whole shaker lol

again i don't think it was about what they were doing in the home just that they were parking all over the place it don't matter if they were muslims or christians why folks trying to make it about religion????????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back