SC Constitution Carry

I gotta say, freedom of speech concerns me a bit. I'm all for the 1st Amendment, if you can prove you are of sound mind & know how to safely & effectively use your brain before engaging your mouth (or keypad). Freedom of speech....too many idiots with internet access.
There. Fixed that for ya - Brady Bot...

Playing with fire is all I can say. Y'all know the types that have no business carrying guns out & about in society.

Last night on Fox News Greenville, they had a segment where a CWP instructor blabbed in about how Constitutional Carry made it harder for law enforcement to do their job. To my surprise (not really) he didn't bother to say how, and the reporter didn't ask.

Sigh. It seems the tactic of the folks against the concept of freedom and liberty is to just say stuff will happen, even though it won't.

I'm going to try it myself. If we don't get Constitutional Carry passed, the earth's orbit around the sun is going to decay and we are all going to burn up and die.

For those freedom and liberty minded folks, new update to the S 115 Sub Committee meeting list.

Monday, February 25, 2013
7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
North Charleston City Hall
Third Floor, Council Chambers
2500 City Hall Lane
North Charleston, S.C. 29406

Monday, March 4, 2013
York Technical College
Baxter Hood Center, Barnes Theater
452 S. Anderson Road
Rock Hill, S.C. 29730

Monday, March 11, 2013
Greenville County Council Chambers
301 University Ridge
Greenville, S.C. 29601
Use entrance by flag pole, Chambers on right

Monday, March 18, 2013
Ted C. Collins Law Enforcement Center
Council Chambers
1101 North Oaks Street
Myrtle Beach, S.C. 29577

Wednesday, March 20, 2013
11:00 a.m.
Room 105 of the Gressette Building
South Carolina Legislature Mobile

I gotta say, Constitution Carry concerns me a bit. I'm all for open or concealed carry, if you can prove you are of sound mind & know how to safely & effectively use & carry a firearm. Constitution Carry....too many idiots with guns.

Well said and to the point!! You still should be required to take and pass a test in SC demonstrating your understanding of a firearm, safety measures surrounding same, ability to use the firearm, and the basics of the laws governing the carrying and use of the firearm. If you can pass the course--have at it--CC or OC. Personally the idea of OC, IMO, is being a walking sign for a BG to obtain your firearm if you do not fully embrace situational awareness whenever you are OC.

Well said and to the point!! You still should be required to take and pass a test in SC demonstrating your understanding of a firearm, safety measures surrounding same, ability to use the firearm, and the basics of the laws governing the carrying and use of the firearm. If you can pass the course--have at it--CC or OC. Personally the idea of OC, IMO, is being a walking sign for a BG to obtain your firearm if you do not fully embrace situational awareness whenever you are OC.
That's right. Because in the 30 some unpermitted open carry states in the US, OCers have guns getting snatched from them and/or shooting each other all the time. It's all over the news. It's so common that you shouldn't have any trouble citing, with a link to a credible news source, at least three or four instances.
Oh wait a minute, you can't.
The fact of the matter is that people like you think the good citizens of South Carolina are somehow mentally inferior to those in other states. The fact of the matter is that you're a statist that thinks the the government or some other entity that you approve of knows what's better for people than they do for themselves. The fact of the matter is that your thinking is no different or better than the people in Washington DC and statehouses around the country who think they're more qualified to decide who can have guns and what kind of guns they can have.
You should be so proud of yourself. I am.
Your line of thinking does exactly zero to help gun owners regain their rights. Your line of thinking does everything to give aid and cover to the enemy (gun grabbers). Personally, I'd sure appreciate it if you went and helped someone else with their cause.

Here here! Freedom and Liberty are a messy business. Sometimes, free people do things you don't like. Sometimes you do things they don't like.

Why would you support an over-reaching government to, through the use of force, make other people act as you see fit, if you don't support them using the power of government to force you to act as they see fit?

In other words, forcing someone to take an arbitrary number of hours of "training" and fire an "arbitrary" number of rounds into a target before they may exercise their rights is no different than forcing a person to not carry a gun at all.

In addition, hopefully the topic police come along and have a word with those trying to hijack this thread. It was started as a topic aboit putting pressure on Hembree to support S 115. I posted some additional details about sub commitee meetings that are relevant as thy have to do with the bill, and Hembree is on the subcommittee.

Lets keep this about putting pressure on him (and possibly anyone else who is anti-freedom, anti-liberty and anti self defense).

Last one!!!

As previously notified, S. 115 has been scheduled for a subcommittee meeting on Wednesday, March 20, 2013, at 11:00 a.m., in room 105 of the Gressette Building. The subcommittee is expecting a large audience and the meeting room has limited seating capacity. Due to other meetings taking place at the same time, the subcommittee will not be able to provide an overflow room. As a result, the subcommittee has decided to broadcast the meeting live via the internet.

To watch the broadcast:

1. Go to South Carolina Legislature Mobile.
2. Locate the “Senate Meeting Schedule” on the right side of the screen.
3. Scroll down to the 11:00 a.m. time period and locate the “Judiciary Subcommittee on S. 115”.
4. Click on the “Live Broadcast” link.

Once the meeting is over, everyone will be able to view the meeting online at a later date once our legislative website team has time to reformat the video recording. Once reformatted, it will be found through the following steps:

1. Go to South Carolina Legislature Mobile.
2. Locate the “Archives” link on the left side of the screen in blue.
3. Locate and click on the “Committee Video Archives”.
4. Locate the recording for the Wednesday, March 20 recording at 11:00 a.m. of the Subcommittee on S.115 on the right side of the screen. Simply click on the title and it will begin playing on the left side of the screen.

Our legislative website office will get the video up as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Mae Wilson

i've been watching the feed now for about 30 mins. some good points made and some terrible ones. i'm kind of surprised at the lack of support from some of these sheriff and police officers.

i've been watching the feed now for about 30 mins. some good points made and some terrible ones. i'm kind of surprised at the lack of support from some of these sheriff and police officers.
A lot of officers simply do not take into consideration the 2nd amendment and think they are the only ones entitled to carry a gun.

That aside, what exactly does this bill do? Does it just make SC an open carry state? And would there still be certain restrictions that only people with a CWP could take advantage of? Like having a gun in your vehicle on school property?

Y'know what's just so funny to me? When people say that there should be a minimum requirement to carry a weapon legally, open or concealed. Please understand this... what makes you think that the "bad people" aren't carrying a weapon everywhere they go, concealed, without a permit? Guess what... THEY ALREADY DO! Criminals don't give a sh!t about the permit laws!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE CARRYING ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once you understand this simple truth, all of these silly permission slip laws are just dumber than a bag of hammers!

Here Here, for Constitutional Carry in SC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Once you understand this simple truth, all of these silly permission slip laws are just dumber than a bag of hammers!"

Agreed, however, the statists among us aren't interested in any if that. You need training because it makes them feel better. That, and who doesn't want to be part of a special group with special members only cards and perks?

A lot of officers simply do not take into consideration the 2nd amendment and think they are the only ones entitled to carry a gun.

That aside, what exactly does this bill do? Does it just make SC an open carry state? And would there still be certain restrictions that only people with a CWP could take advantage of? Like having a gun in your vehicle on school property?

Here is the bill Link Removed

I've heard it before..but not sure exactly this is being touted as an Open carry bill. Constiutional Carry yes. What makes OC illegal now?

Here is the bill Link Removed

I've heard it before..but not sure exactly this is being touted as an Open carry bill. Constiutional Carry yes. What makes OC illegal now?
Are you asking what makes OC illegal as the law is written now?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back