Savage 10FP problem

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
As we were shooting my brother-in-laws 10FP the ejector plunger went back into the bolt recess and stayed back. I cannot get it to return to the forward position. Any ideas? What caused this and how do we prevent this in the future.

PS this is a newer accutriger model and not like my older "old school" savage.

As we were shooting my brother-in-laws 10FP the ejector plunger went back into the bolt recess and stayed back. I cannot get it to return to the forward position. Any ideas? What caused this and how do we prevent this in the future.

PS this is a newer accutriger model and not like my older "old school" savage.

I'll take a look at mine tonight when I get home. It's a new model, 2006 -newer model, with the accutrigger. The only thing I can think off of the top of my head is maybe there is a bur that caught the spring and not letting it return. If I remember right there is a pin in the side of the bolt that holds the ejector plunger and spring together. May want to try and knock that out, carefully so you don't lose anything, clean it and check for burs.

I'll send you a message once I get home and can take a closer look at mine.

One other thing, have you tried to take a small punch and push on the plunger? Does it move at all?

I think it is a burr

Savage arms gave me some cock and bull story about excessive chamber pressure...but we were not shooting hot loads. I think it is a burr from manufacturing and the fact that the rifle is just over a year old means that it goes to the gun elf for proper repairs...that sucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back