S.308 (restaurant carry) debate from 4/17/13

Wait until next year is unacceptable....Folks should stop whining and allow the bill to move forward... They once passed we can work to improve it...Some people are like children if they cannot get the cherry on their ice cream, they pitch a fit...Got to have it all or nothing... We all suffer because they try to bully people and lose the fight...

The house has to pass the bill first. It hasn't even had it's second reading yet.

Then it goes back to the Senate. The Senate may agree with, or disagree with the change. I presume this will require a discussion and vote. If they accept the change, the bill moves forward. If they refuse the change, the House and Senate would need to appoint a commitee with a few members (3 from each I think) to negotiate an acceptable bill which would require another vote in each body. If they fail to reach an agreement on an acceptable bill, we get to wait until next year for another shot.

We all know how much time was wasted during the initial discussion of S 308 in the Senate. Like I said, I haven't combed over the rules in detail, but I know of nothing to prevent the same anti-gun Senators from discussing the same inane nonsense again. The clock is ticking and the session is over in two weeks.
So if the House doesn't approve the bill, it's dead. If they do approve the bill as is now, it goes back to the Senate. If the Senate disapproves, it goes to the process you were referring to, and if they approve, it goes to the governor? Do I have that correct?

I've been looking & having no success....is there some place to view how the subcommittee members voted?

These are the people on the subcommittee that apparently decided to hold this thing up some more:

Hon. Derham Cole, Chairman Attorney: Patrick Dennis
Hon. Dan Hamilton
Hon. Joe McEachern

These are the people on the subcommittee that apparently decided to hold this thing up some more:

Hon. Derham Cole, Chairman Attorney: Patrick Dennis
Hon. Dan Hamilton
Hon. Joe McEachern
Try doing a google search for SC House Judiciary Committee. It worked for me when I was looking for the senate judiciary committee. I'm going to try that when I can get on a PC.

Try doing a google search for SC House Judiciary Committee. It worked for me when I was looking for the senate judiciary committee. I'm going to try that when I can get on a PC.

Those men I listed are the General Laws Subcommittee, who, as I understand it, decided to amend the thing before putting it on the House floor. This, I'm afraid, is gonna kill the thing before the end of the session.

Sorry but I'm not a fan of the folks who fought to change it..They claim to be pro-gun but they just killed this again for this year....

Palmetto Gun Rights I hope you are proud as you helped kill this again this year!

You could not let this stand so we could get it passed and then work to improve it next year...Like a spoiled child you had to have everything your way!

Don't ever expect my support as I will never back bullies!

Now the Senate will allow it to die.....

So if the House doesn't approve the bill, it's dead. If they do approve the bill as is now, it goes back to the Senate. If the Senate disapproves, it goes to the process you were referring to, and if they approve, it goes to the governor? Do I have that correct?

If the House would have left along and had the entire House vote on it...And it passed it would have went to the Governor for her signature and then it would become law....Because some groups had to piss and moan to get their way and make changes it now goes back to the Senate where it will die.. Make sure you thank the so called Pro-Gun groups that pissed away a great opportunity to get this passed...I think they are Pro-Gun in name only...Like the RINO's

I know my comments will not be popular but it is as I see it...I think if you look at the facts you will see they are the facts!

There is still a remote chance. S 308 may have passed in the Senate without the curfew in the first place. I'll be continuing my email barrage in the hopes that the bill will get fast tracked somehow. The place to start is the House Judiciary Committee. As I've said, my suspicion is that there is insufficient time to take the long way home. I hope I'm wrong.

Oh, and I got an email from a group (who I'll keep nameless) claiming the change in the sub-committee was a victory (I'd agree if the goal was to get language in bills perfect only to see them not get turned into acts), then asking for money, then saying there is a long way to go bla bla bla. I find it odd that none of the groups pushing this change has bothered to explain the extra steps required to make this change happen and how much extra time they expect it to take. Maybe the session isn't over on June 7th and I'm worried about nothing.

They made some other changes in addition to the curfew, if anyone is interested --> Link Removed

There is still a remote chance. S 308 may have passed in the Senate without the curfew in the first place. I'll be continuing my email barrage in the hopes that the bill will get fast tracked somehow. The place to start is the House Judiciary Committee. As I've said, my suspicion is that there is insufficient time to take the long way home. I hope I'm wrong.

Oh, and I got an email from a group (who I'll keep nameless) claiming the change in the sub-committee was a victory (I'd agree if the goal was to get language in bills perfect only to see them not get turned into acts), then asking for money, then saying there is a long way to go bla bla bla. I find it odd that none of the groups pushing this change has bothered to explain the extra steps required to make this change happen and how much extra time they expect it to take. Maybe the session isn't over on June 7th and I'm worried about nothing.

They made some other changes in addition to the curfew, if anyone is interested --> Link Removed
Yeah from what I understand now the only restriction is you can't drink.

If the House would have left along and had the entire House vote on it...And it passed it would have went to the Governor for her signature and then it would become law....Because some groups had to piss and moan to get their way and make changes it now goes back to the Senate where it will die.. Make sure you thank the so called Pro-Gun groups that pissed away a great opportunity to get this passed...I think they are Pro-Gun in name only...Like the RINO's

I know my comments will not be popular but it is as I see it...I think if you look at the facts you will see they are the facts!

I share your sentiments, 100%! I'd like to know who these groups you reference are, as I'd like to get on their ass!!!!

I received this alert from th NRA yesterday:

"Senate Bill 308, a restaurant carry bill, has been scheduled to be heard in the House Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, May 28, at 2:30 PM or one-and-a-half hours after the state House of Representatives adjourns for the day."

I received this alert from th NRA yesterday:

"Senate Bill 308, a restaurant carry bill, has been scheduled to be heard in the House Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, May 28, at 2:30 PM or one-and-a-half hours after the state House of Representatives adjourns for the day."
So they're going to debate it after they've left for the day? I'm very confused...and what is the deadline to get this thing passed?

No. There are committee and/or subcommittee meetings in the morning, then the House of Representative meets at noon, then after they adjourn, there are other committee meetings, including the Judiciary Committee.

And the clock continues to tick...

No. There are committee and/or subcommittee meetings in the morning, then the House of Representative meets at noon, then after they adjourn, there are other committee meetings, including the Judiciary Committee.

And the clock continues to tick...
So it's got to pass the House Judiciary Committee, then the whole house, then the Senate, and it isn't even being heard by the Judiciary Committee until Wednesday? Yeah, fat chance.

Like I said earlier they killed this bill for the year by screwing with it.....The Anti-Gun Crowd wearing camouflage made allot of people believe they are Pro-Gun.....

They accomplished their missing....Even we have sheep among us!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back