representatives of open carry rights

orca8489

Maybe responsible and intelligent gun owners who either open carry or carry concealed would have an easier time convincing people that they have a right to do so if it wasn't for morons posting on YouTube. One person, in detail, is a Portland OR resident who goes by the screen name "maskedguardian (one word)" Look up his videos and see if you agree that he is a bumbling, verbally-rambling mentally-deficient idiot who makes all 2nd Amendment Rights advocates appear stupid. An LEO meets up with someone like maskedguardian and he or she has to think that most gun-toting citizens are alike. The next time the LEO meets up with a half-intelligent person carrying sensibly, he or she treats the person like his other "encounter." Thus, the confrontation issues between the two.

TY tkd. My apologies to Markedguardian. Have you looked at his vids? What do you think of them?

I would much rather have him helping protect gun rights than you. You make fun of a speech impediment that the guy has dealt with all his life. He rarely mentions it, but he has made at least one video that briefly explains it and how it effects him when he's under stress. It does get rather stressful when you're being confronted by people who have the power to take your very freedom, even if only temporarily. He hardly uses it as a crutch or an excuse for his "bumbling, verbally-rambling mentally-deficient idiot" presentations, but he puts his ass on the line for the 2nd Amendment and has been arrested illegally at least once that I know of for doing it.

What have you done to stand up for the 2nd Amendment? Join a gun site on which people who may actually know the guy participate and disparage him in your first post? Class act there killer whale.

Blues

Maybe responsible and intelligent gun owners who either open carry or carry concealed would have an easier time convincing people that they have a right to do so if it wasn't for morons posting on YouTube. One person, in detail, is a Portland OR resident who goes by the screen name "maskedguardian (one word)" Look up his videos and see if you agree that he is a bumbling, verbally-rambling mentally-deficient idiot who makes all 2nd Amendment Rights advocates appear stupid. An LEO meets up with someone like maskedguardian and he or she has to think that most gun-toting citizens are alike. The next time the LEO meets up with a half-intelligent person carrying sensibly, he or she treats the person like his other "encounter." Thus, the confrontation issues between the two.

The only person who is a, "bumbling, verbally-rambling mentally-deficient idiot who makes all 2nd Amendment Rights advocates appear stupid," is the one who can't even copy and post a YouTube name correctly.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

BlueStringer, I am sorry that you did not like my opinion of Marked Guardian. I noticed the first time I watched that he had a speech impediment but I don't think that was what I was talking about. He repeats the laws and statutes that allow him to openly carry EXACTLY -- but over and over again. He seems to be intent on walking through a town just to see how many LEOs he can attract. What does that achieve to show those officers that he has the right to do that? As for your question about what I have done I can only tell you that I spent 20 years in the military and 17 years civil service protecting those rights you talk about. I have sat on both sides of the talks first as an LEO and then as a reporter. I am not young anymore but I am a member and staunch supporter of the NRA, attend NRA conventions and spend many hours at a local range working with youth to show the proper way to handle weapons safely. Maybe with his enthusiasm Markedguardian should go to a city council meeting with a prepared 2-3 min speech (usually all the time councils will give anyone) to educate those people who think he is a "threat" walking around with that AR strapped to him. My main question to you remains -- what is Markedguardian trying to achieve? BTW, he should be very happy his state allows open carry if that is what he wants. My state -- FL -- has been fighting to keep it from us. Personally, I do not think open carry does anything but alarm people who don't carry openly or concealed -- but I have lived the majority of my life protecting the freedom to do what THEY want.

NRA members and police are the last people I would go to to defend my Constitutional Rights.

What is he trying to achieve? His videos answer that question. If you don't know the answer, you haven't watched his videos or didn't paid any attention when watching them. In either case, judging him when you can't answer a question he all ready answered makes you a, "bumbling, verbally-rambling mentally-deficient idiot who makes all 2nd Amendment Rights advocates appear stupid."

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

BlueStringer, I am sorry that you did not like my opinion of Marked Guardian.

If you want to post your "opinions" about a video, you don't knee-jerk into name-calling right off the bat about a person of whom you know absolutely nothing.

If you want to know how to start a thread making your readers aware of exactly what video you're talking about and then starting the discussion with your own *valid* opinions, look here. That's another thread about Warren (Markedguardian) that was started just a couple of weeks ago. The OP in that thread obviously didn't know that Warren's videos come up around here quite often either, but at least he just politely stated his opinion and started what could have been a decent discussion. It wasn't "decent" though, because knee-jerkers like you couldn't hold their tongues long enough to let it happen.

If you want to know my opinion of your opinions, just read what I had to say to another person who went straight from watching a video to name-calling with only about 1/100th of the available information about Warren and his work to go on.

Warren has been making these kinds of videos for over two years now. To think you're offering some original thought about his activities on a gun forum is demonstrative of a lack of thought being put into your posts. He's been arrested at least once for doing nothing illegal. You either oppose cops who engage in such abuses of authority, or you oppose those who risk their freedom to identify those abusive cops. Make your choice. Your background is interesting, but it has nothing to do with whether or not you're capable of making the right choice on these matters. If you stick around, I guess we'll see. If not, meh, see ya.

Blues

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back