Reno Hospital Shooting 'Spree'

Rhino

This must be a lie. Everybody knows guns aren't allowed in hospitals.

Gunman kills 1, fatally shoots self in Reno hospital spree
Published December 17, 2013
FoxNews.com

RENO, Nev. – A lone gunman fatally shot one and injured two others at a sprawling medical campus in Reno before taking his own life Tuesday, authorities said.

Reno police said the man entered the Center for Advanced Medicine at Renown Regional Medical Center at about 2:45 p.m. with at least one gun and began shooting......
Link Removed

Nice reporting on Reno, Rhino.... and you are correct. Contact Snopes, this is obviously a fabricated story. Not only is it a hospital but it is a college campus training hospital. Therefore, that's a double no-no for guns.

Nice reporting on Reno, Rhino.... and you are correct. Contact Snopes, this is obviously a fabricated story. Not only is it a hospital but it is a college campus training hospital. Therefore, that's a double no-no for guns.

This makes me go..................not another one. :sad:

Of course, baddies never obey the law, can't imagine why........................:rolleyes:

Cnon

Maybe if some one from NV could chime in on this. In WA there is no law saying you can't bring a gun in a hospital, or college campus. The individual entities may have no gun rules, but no actual law would be broken here. Just like a business they can ask you to leave, or have you trespassed.

Maybe if some one from NV could chime in on this. In WA there is no law saying you can't bring a gun in a hospital, or college campus. The individual entities may have no gun rules, but no actual law would be broken here. Just like a business they can ask you to leave, or have you trespassed.
That's the way it is here in Ohio too. Public buildings have the right to post signs prohibiting guns in Nevada (NRS 202.3673), and I assumed that hospitals did since they do pretty much everywhere else they have the right to. However, those signs don't have the force of law in Nevada for hospital buildings. The point was mainly sarcasm anyway.

That's the way it is here in Ohio too. Public buildings have the right to post signs prohibiting guns in Nevada (NRS 202.3673), and I assumed that hospitals did since they do pretty much everywhere else they have the right to. However, those signs don't have the force of law in Nevada for hospital buildings. The point was mainly sarcasm anyway.

Same here in Kentucky, these signs have no force of law. My doctor's office is in a medical building attached to a major hospital. It has the "No Guns" signs. However, my doctor is very pro 2A. I always CC when I go to my doctor appointments.

Same here in Kentucky, these signs have no force of law. My doctor's office is in a medical building attached to a major hospital. It has the "No Guns" signs. However, my doctor is very pro 2A. I always CC when I go to my doctor appointments.
They have force of law in Ohio unfortunately. Civil trespass, or even criminal trespass depending on circumstances.

True in Reno, both in reporting and carry debate. The offices are posted per statute, hospitals are no carry zones with certain exceptions in NV, and the shooter- a CA resident, clean record all the way, was targeting a certain doctor. The doctor was a great guy, I personally knew him. Lack of details due to HIPAA and NV Patient Privacy Laws and media spin are still interfering with the true story of 'why' and the chain of events. Unless the doctor's family sue any of the shooter's family the official records will be sealed and become/are privileged info.

Guns are not allowed in hospitals in Florida if they provide mental health treatment at that location. I'm having emergency cataract surgery Monday in a section of the hospital that doesn't treat mental health problems but won't be carrying as for 24 hours afterwards you are considered impaired and cannot even drive. Also have to have someone there during that 24 hours who can dial 911.

True, there is no law prohibiting this but the WACs list the regulations of all colleges in the state and everyone I've looked at so far prohibits them. Unfortunate.

I'm having emergency cataract surgery Monday ...[and] won't be carrying as for 24 hours afterwards you are considered impaired and cannot even drive. Also have to have someone there during that 24 hours who can dial 911.Emphasis added

My wife had similar surgery, and considering how she was 'out of it' almost 72 hours post-op this makes sense. You are intoxicated or impaired, depending on your state laws definitions either by appearance or metabolites present in your blood for at least 24 hours. Keep your cell phone charged up and make sure 911 is at *1 or equal, and hope that you won't have to defend against a burglar or home invasion.

Good luck, and enjoy your new post-op vision! You'll tear up the range!

Let me get this correct, you guys are talking about weather or not the hospital where this shooting occured has a no guns allowed policy or gunbuster signs on the doors?.................do any of you honestly think the shooter gave a rats ass about a policy or sign?

Guns are not allowed in hospitals in Florida if they provide mental health treatment at that location. I'm having emergency cataract surgery Monday in a section of the hospital that doesn't treat mental health problems but won't be carrying as for 24 hours afterwards you are considered impaired and cannot even drive. Also have to have someone there during that 24 hours who can dial 911.

A little more than two years ago I had my second eye tuned up because of cataracts. Had the first one done in Aug. of 2011 and the second in Nov. of the same year. It took a good month before the first one stabilized enough to get new glasses, but that didn't make much sense since I was having the next surgery in just a couple more months, so the period in between was a nightmare, especially since I was working the graveyard shift at the time and night driving was the worst kind of seeing to deal with.

I don't remember being toasted for more than just the day(s) of surgery, but I have always metabolized anesthesia faster than most folks, so it may be different for you. Good luck in any case. I hope it works better for you than it did for me in the long-run (more about that below).

Good luck, and enjoy your new post-op vision! You'll tear up the range!

I hope that's true for both your wife and S&W645, but it hasn't been for me. I didn't take the near-sighted correction option (insurance wouldn't cover it and we couldn't afford it at the time), and I swear, my distance-vision is still changing two years+ after the second surgery. There's nearly always a corona around what I see out of my left eye, sometimes it's fully surrounding, and sometimes only a peripheral kind of thing, so I guess that means the new lens is moving around in there a bit. Neither eye is cloudy like they used to be, but both are always dried out. It was dryness that first prompted me to go to the optometrist, and before he diagnosed the cataracts, he installed punctal plugs for dry eye, which worked fairly well for dryness, but not for the cloudy vision. Now though, they aren't even working for dryness, so the surgeries did something to reduce tear production.

All in all, it was a mixed bag for me. The benefit of clear distance vision is the biggest pro, and the corona and dryness are the worst cons. Shooting pistol still requires glasses so I can see the sights, but I use a red dot reflex sight on my rifles and my focus is on the target, not the red dot, so I can go without corrective glasses for rifle shooting. It still feels like neither of my eyes are totally stable though.

Blues

Any way, my whole point is that laws/signs mean nothing to someone bent on committing a horrible act of bodily harm on another person really means nothing. The signs just let law abiding sane people which places are the most likely places to encounter evil.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back