Redistributed my wealth!

I figured they'd probably be at that show. Unfortunately I'll be on my way back from Tenn. that day. I'll probably just end up picking up some powder and primers locally and ordering some bullets from them online.

FYI, I was cruising around Gunbroker and came across some .45 and 9mm bullets, and contacted the seller. I let him know that I would be out of the country and could not bid on his auction, but would be interested in purchasing from him at another time. He directed me to his site, where by the way, his bullets are cheaper than what he sells on gunbroker.

The prices look pretty good, but they are for Zero brand bullets, and I don't know how you feel about them. They might be good for the target loads you were talking about. He has got 1000 9mm in 115gr or 125gr JHP for $82. His .45ACP is $115 per 1000 on 230gr FMJ

Here is a link

Link Removed

FYI, I was cruising around Gunbroker and came across some .45 and 9mm bullets, and contacted the seller. I let him know that I would be out of the country and could not bid on his auction, but would be interested in purchasing from him at another time. He directed me to his site, where by the way, his bullets are cheaper than what he sells on gunbroker.

The prices look pretty good, but they are for Zero brand bullets, and I don't know how you feel about them. They might be good for the target loads you were talking about. He has got 1000 9mm in 115gr or 125gr JHP for $82. His .45ACP is $115 per 1000 on 230gr FMJ

Here is a link

Link Removed

Thanks for the link Palmach. I have used Zero swagged lead bullets in the past and was very happy with them. I'll take a look at the site.

I'm thinking that new democratic regulations will hurt us more in the ammo department than the gun department. Most of us have enough firearms to last a few decades. :wink: If we don't add even one more during that time we won't be hurting too bad, however, I know that my supply of ammo won't last long at all.

I'm thinking that new democratic regulations will hurt us more in the ammo department than the gun department. Most of us have enough firearms to last a few decades. :wink: If we don't add even one more during that time we won't be hurting too bad, however, I know that my supply of ammo won't last long at all.

At this point, anybody serious about 2nd Amendment and protecting their families should be reloading. Not only that, they should be stocking up on components. Right now the prices are not being affected like ammunition is.

At this point, anybody serious about 2nd Amendment and protecting their families should be reloading. Not only that, they should be stocking up on components. Right now the prices are not being affected like ammunition is.

In the past, when I've run the numbers, the savings from reloading has been small enough to pay less than minimum wage. Now I can see that reloading would be faster if I had a more expensive setup, but that is a major financial investment for only minor time savings. :) Still, with the rising cost of ammo, I'm thinking that you're right and I should recalculate the costs. I'm set for hunting components, but pistol practice sure burns powder! :)

Thanks for the pointer. I'll check arround a little more.

God bless.

In the past, when I've run the numbers, the savings from reloading has been small enough to pay less than minimum wage. Now I can see that reloading would be faster if I had a more expensive setup, but that is a major financial investment for only minor time savings. :) Still, with the rising cost of ammo, I'm thinking that you're right and I should recalculate the costs. I'm set for hunting components, but pistol practice sure burns powder! :)

Thanks for the pointer. I'll check arround a little more.

God bless.

I've been reloading for about 2 years now and have made for my equipment at least 2 times over. I spent about $250 on my entire Lee setup (including tumbler). Every time I go to the range I pick up EVERY piece of brass I can get my hands on. So I've never had to pay for brass. Right now I can load a 50 round box of 230 gr lead round nose target ammo for about $7. Sure beats $29 something for wally worlds white box stuff.

Nothing Left

We're done redistributing our money - mainly 'cause there's nothin' left. :lol: Now the only thing we need is a tumbler. I have an old automotive parts tumbler but I'm told it just won't work for brass. We bought 22s, 380s,44s, 45s, 9s, and some 30-06s, assorted hollow points and not. We already have the 223s. Bought one more pistol, 380 Cobra, will pick it up next week. Silly me, I went to buy the one I saw 2 weeks ago and it was already gone, so I had to order one. Also picked up another holster, another fanny pack, tons of reloading supplies along with some brass and bullets. Now we get to play with the brass and bullets. We recently bought the reloading equipment. I say we but I mean hubby. I'm going to enjoy spending the time with :man_in_love:as he teaches me how to reload. I love our together time this way. I've been told I'm weird but that's what you get with newlyweds! :lol: We are also going to buy membership at a local range. I wish we had the money for FrontSight but we don't; it's so close, just outside of town. Ah well, I've contributed enough for now, gotta wait for the first of the month to roll around.

By The Way and FYI

Wal*Mart was stocking up and has seen a rush already. Get 'em while they're hot! ha ha ha They claim their prices for ammo will double by the middle of next January, by the swearing in ceremony. I don't doubt it. The owner of the gun shop where I bought the 380 said the same thing. I didn't even make it to my third gun store stops. I'm not a gloom and doom type person, nor am I a gotta- buy-it-now-or-never-get-it type person. I'm a sit-back-and-see-what-happens type person. But, this time I'm thinking it's gonna be different. I'm trying to be a realist, hedging my bets.
Anyone know where I can find a good tumbler?

Wal*Mart was stocking up and has seen a rush already. Get 'em while they're hot! ha ha ha They claim their prices for ammo will double by the middle of next January, by the swearing in ceremony. I don't doubt it. The owner of the gun shop where I bought the 380 said the same thing. I didn't even make it to my third gun store stops. I'm not a gloom and doom type person, nor am I a gotta- buy-it-now-or-never-get-it type person. I'm a sit-back-and-see-what-happens type person. But, this time I'm thinking it's gonna be different. I'm trying to be a realist, hedging my bets.
Anyone know where I can find a good tumbler?

I have a Frankford arsenal tumbler I ordered from Cabela's. It was a decent price and works well.

I've been reloading for about 2 years now and have made for my equipment at least 2 times over. I spent about $250 on my entire Lee setup (including tumbler). Every time I go to the range I pick up EVERY piece of brass I can get my hands on. So I've never had to pay for brass. Right now I can load a 50 round box of 230 gr lead round nose target ammo for about $7. Sure beats $29 something for wally worlds white box stuff.

Thanks Kimber PB. I've just looked over the numbers, and it looks like a good investment, especially since a doller saved is 2 dollars earned. I've also just lost a side job, so my spare time isn't worth what it used to be. :D

We are also going to buy membership at a local range. I wish we had the money for FrontSight but we don't; it's so close, just outside of town. Ah well, I've contributed enough for now, gotta wait for the first of the month to roll around.
If you havn't been to FrontSight yet, you can get certificates worth $2000 retail for around $120 on eBay. They are only good for a your first class at Front Sight. I'd get one if I was closer, but the travel is a little difficult. One of my friends went there with his wife and they really loved it. :)

Frontsight on ebay

If you havn't been to FrontSight yet, you can get certificates worth $2000 retail for around $120 on eBay. They are only good for a your first class at Front Sight. I'd get one if I was closer, but the travel is a little difficult. One of my friends went there with his wife and they really loved it. :)

Hmmm, that sounds like something worth looking into. Thanks.

Thanks Kimber PB. I've just looked over the numbers, and it looks like a good investment, especially since a doller saved is 2 dollars earned. I've also just lost a side job, so my spare time isn't worth what it used to be. :D

If you end up getting a press I highly recommend Lee's Classic Turret press. You can take out the indexing rod at first, which lets you manually move from step to step, (resize, powder pour, seat, crimp). Then after you get it down makes loading much faster. I'm a stickler for quality control but can still load about 150 - 200 pistol round in an hour.

I've seen the front site first time certs on ebay and would love to get one. I think this coming year I'm going to plan a trip out there.

Thanks. We ordered one online last night from Cabela's. :biggrin: It should be here soon.

No problem. Hope it works out as well as mine has. Also one more little inside trick. After the corn cob media gets old don't buy the "reloading" media. Go to a pet store and get the crushed walnut they sell for bird cages. Its a ton cheaper. The walnut will not polish it as shinny as the corn cob but does a great job cleaning the brass. As long as its clean your good to go.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back